CRT Fetish Thread

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
I did the Ikea Cube furniture thing. I've got two units with 4 spaces holding all 8 different consoles. Units combined cost me £60 from the Wembley branch. My Sony PVM is hooked up to my Neo, Snes, MD & Nes. See my blog post for the pictures.

Those look like they worked perfect for your set up. I was originally just going to grab a few stands over time, but this is another reason I need to just make the long drive there and grab everything at once. Thanks for sharing yet another great Ikea example :)

lui

n00b
A question to all who own a PVM/BVM.
Can these monitors suffer oxidation damage from UV rays, resulting in yellowing?

bravojohny

Armored Scrum Object
Can't resist to post on this thread.

A month ago I found this bright and clean Sony Trinitron. It's the F1-A chassis. It cost me 55 euros, without command but in fine working condition.

Tested my Victor Saturn with Radian Silvergun, RGB cable, and it's stunning, visualy. Neo Geo AES goes pretty well with RGB and now the Dreamcast, while last week I found this race controller and it works so good on mountain circuit and riviera. It also works amazingly with Crazy Taxi.

CIMG4144_zpsed1f2acb.jpg

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
Any possible issues with stacking PVMs on each other? I have been looking for a tall stand for two 20'' PVMs, but cannot find something I am happy with or can hold that much weigh, so I was thinking about just stacking them.

julencin2000

Dodgeball Yakuza
AFAIK they can be mounted in 19-inch racks with some accessories.

I've got a 2130QM and they were designed with stacking in mind, for public exhibitions and such.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Any possible issues with stacking PVMs on each other? I have been looking for a tall stand for two 20'' PVMs, but cannot find something I am happy with or can hold that much weigh, so I was thinking about just stacking them.

With PVMs you should be ok. I know if I have my XM29 next to other TVs It likes to throw off some EM interference. Didn't have that problem with my BVMS though. And as far as stacking them, just be careful of kids and pets. If it falls over on them it will be a hard lesson learned.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
There's a guy CL selling a few Sony PVM-20L5 for stupid high prices. Just wondering what these things generally go for. Maybe I can talk him down to a reasonable price.

Thanks for any help

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
There's a guy CL selling a few Sony PVM-20L5 for stupid high prices. Just wondering what these things generally go for. Maybe I can talk him down to a reasonable price.

Thanks for any help

$325-$400 seems to be the average rate outside of any city that doesn't have an abundance of them.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
$325-$400 seems to be the average rate outside of any city that doesn't have an abundance of them.

Goddamn so his prices aren't that bad afterall. Are these
particularly good models or something? Or is it because they are 20 inches?

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
They're great models and add to the fact that all these hipsters and review sites recommend them as the 'best' crt you can get for gaming drove demand up.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Wachenroder, 325 is ebay price I would hold off. If it's in really good condition make a reasonable offer $75-100 and let him stew on it.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Wachenroder, 325 is ebay price I would hold off. If it's in really good condition make a reasonable offer $75-100 and let him stew on it.

Yeah there is no way i'm paying more then 100 for a CRT. $75 - 100 sounds about right.

While i'm on the subject, hows 20M2U. Thats a 20 incher right?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Any idea what's up with that? I saw that the other day and was wondering what happened. That's really disappointing.

Skips is banned. He probably deleted those messages right before the hammer came down.

*edit*

Correction, Skips is unbanned now, but isn't coming back.

Last edited:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Skips is banned. He probably deleted those messages right before the hammer came down.

*edit*

Correction, Skips is unbanned now, but isn't coming back.

Not banned, he was just locked in the war room for a bit.