CRT Fetish Thread

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
Well i've got a choice getting another CRT it's between a BVM-2010p or a PVM-2730QM. What would you pick?

After having 3 (yup, three) PVMs die on me, I'd go for the one that is newer, better cared for and seems to have the fewest hours on it.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Well i've got a choice getting another CRT it's between a BVM-2010p or a PVM-2730QM. What would you pick?
the 2730 is the better of those two, as it has 7 more inches.

Tempest

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
But I thought the bigger the monitor the worse the picture got? I was told to stick to the 20" ones.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
But I thought the bigger the monitor the worse the picture got? I was told to stick to the 20" ones.

It's true, but the picture still looks really good. I don't like anything bigger then 20" because it just takes up more space and is a pain to move around by yourself.

Ragnorok64

n00b
Well last year I hyped myself up on the though of RGB goodness but real life, got real. This weekend I was finally able to get my hands on a Sony PVM
fMXW7Dn.jpg

It's apparently a PVM-14M4U

I have a ton of research to do and some purchases to make. Right now S-video is about the best I can manage with my systems. I could do component with my PS2, and Wii. Scart is what I wanna shoot for, for my SNES and Super Famicom right? An N64 takes some modding to get RGB out of if I'm not mistaken, right?

This is going to have to be a slow burn project.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
It's true, but the picture still looks really good. I don't like anything bigger then 20" because it just takes up more space and is a pain to move around by yourself.
The smaller ones (20" and smaller) are supposed to have better picture. But I haven't compared them myself. BVMs also have a better picture than PVMs. But, IMO, size counts more than any other factor, especially if it's a big jump from 20" to 27" or 29". The big sprites on the Neo look better on a bigger screen. But the best setup would be to have both- a 27" or 29" PVM and a 20" (or 32" widescreen) BVM.

Last edited:

Psxed

n00b
He has like 6 of them and i can pick one. From the pictures that i've seen there's a BVM-20E1E, BVM-2010P and a BVM-2016P. I have no idea which one to pick? Too bad shipping would cost a fortune or else i would've bought all 6 of them to sell them for non-profit over here.

bacardi

n00b
Hey folks, anyone in Europe here that has any BVMs or PVMs for sale? ;) 20 inchers would be perfect for my needs :D

Also, I saw some SCART to BNC converters - will these work just fine on a PAL PS2? I play mostly NTSC on it though ;)

Thanks!

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Hey folks, anyone in Europe here that has any BVMs or PVMs for sale? ;) 20 inchers would be perfect for my needs :D

Also, I saw some SCART to BNC converters - will these work just fine on a PAL PS2? I play mostly NTSC on it though ;)

Thanks!

Joins this week and is already asking for stuff outside of the market cause he can't see the market. Ban pls.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I'm sure a mod will be along anytime now to assist him in editing his posts.

Permanently.

bacardi

n00b
I should have resisted the impulse to ask the question in the first place - sorry. Never imagined it will cause a tidal wave of reports, or anything. We all mistakes no? Just never imagined anyone would get so angry over it. Cheers.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I should have resisted the impulse to ask the question in the first place - sorry. Never imagined it will cause a tidal wave of reports, or anything. We all mistakes no? Just never imagined anyone would get so angry over it. Cheers.

Right on the front page is a big FYI. It was you that ignored it. You obviously I'd a search on google and this thread was near the top. This is not your personal shopping site.

aaronmjr

Mr. Big's Thug
Alright, someone mentioned it here but I can't find it. When using the 16x9 mode on my 20M4U I have the little rainbow lines at the top, how do I turn them off? Regular menu has nothing.

CMS

Previously A04_msh.
Exactly, skate helped me with that earlier. I don't think you can turn them off, you just move them out from the visible area.

Psxed

n00b
I just went checking out all those BVM's. The 20E1E didn't have the external controller so i skipped that one. The 2010P's were in better shape than the 2016P's. So i went home with a BVM-2010P. First impression; holy shit this thing blows my PVM-20M2E out of the water. Real nice and vibrant colors.

I'm gonna snap some pictures now of my PVM so i can sell it and then place my BVM in place of the PVM. I'll post some photo's when i'm done.

aaronmjr

Mr. Big's Thug
Should they move as I'm adjusting the numbers? Or does it only after after I write changes? Speaking of, after I've made changes, I'm hitting "degauss" then the screen says "write" and then I hit enter. Stuff doesn't seem to be sticking though.