Page 255 of 255 FirstFirst ... 155205245251252253254255
Results 6,351 to 6,355 of 6355

Thread: CRT Fetish Thread

Mauru's Zoo Manager

Quote Originally Posted by The_Chosen_One View Post
    I actually mistyped it, it is the 1953.

The manual shows two rgb hookups that double as component. I've got a nice XP29 that I do most of my gaming on but it doesn't do component and I'd like to use this to fill that niche for a couple systems. $200 seemed steep though, but I know pvms have gotten a bit crazy lately
    That makes a big difference. With todays (crazy) market, 200 isn't so bad for that model. Big improvements over the 1943md are component video and on screen controls.

Timid Neo Newbie

I actually mistyped it, it is the 1953.

The manual shows two rgb hookups that double as component. I've got a nice XP29 that I do most of my gaming on but it doesn't do component and I'd like to use this to fill that niche for a couple systems. $200 seemed steep though, but I know pvms have gotten a bit crazy lately
    It would be a shame not to feed that monitor RGBs, but $200 is a good deal for it (well, by me in the NJ/NY/PA area at least) if it's 100% functional without any image issues.

Buriki One Master The_Chosen_One's Avatar

CRT Fetish Thread

Got him down to $150 and it's a very clean monitor. Has the splash guard too but I took it off when moving it.

Testing out the inputs etc now but for some reason none of the knobs work. All the buttons do, and you can adjust all the settings via the menu including volume. Is there some setting that deactivates the knobs so patients in the hospital or something don't mess with them?
    Last edited by The_Chosen_One; 05-20-2017 at 07:44 PM.

Timid Neo Newbie

Testing out the inputs etc now but for some reason none of the knobs work. All the buttons do, and you can adjust all the settings via the menu including volume. Is there some setting that deactivates the knobs so patients in the hospital or something don't mess with them?
    I know with RGBs cables going into it, ONLY the brightness and contrast knobs do anything. The other adjustment knobs are for other types of connections (what exact connection type I don't know as all mine are RGB). Volume should always work - haven't seen any reference in the manuals to things being locked down ever (maybe turn the user preset off? - the light for "remote" is on which usually means you're in a user preset).

Buriki One Master The_Chosen_One's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dochartaigh View Post
    I know with RGBs cables going into it, ONLY the brightness and contrast knobs do anything. The other adjustment knobs are for other types of connections (what exact connection type I don't know as all mine are RGB). Volume should always work - haven't seen any reference in the manuals to things being locked down ever (maybe turn the user preset off? - the light for "remote" is on which usually means you're in a user preset).
    I'm only using rgb currently, I'll test out component tomorrow and check out the user preset too. Thank you!

Thread Information