CRT Fetish Thread

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
not a member, came in to comment on how much I like the banner.

now, carry on gentlemen:)

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
I have a SONY PVM-20M2MDU
gun006.jpg

Last edited:

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
Hey PVM Club, thinking about becoming a member as I've found a local person with one for sale. First question I need answered, what kind of price range am I looking at for a Sony PVM-14L2 (13" viewable) Monitor? I have a feeling this guy is trying to over charge, but I don't really have a good basis of comparison. I want to be informed when/if I make him a offer. Thanks guys, CRT4L! :D

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Hey PVM Club, thinking about becoming a member as I've found a local person with one for sale. First question I need answered, what kind of price range am I looking at for a Sony PVM-14L2 (13" viewable) Monitor? I have a feeling this guy is trying to over charge, but I don't really have a good basis of comparison. I want to be informed when/if I make him a offer. Thanks guys, CRT4L! :D

No more than $50 depending on condition but even then I wouldn't bother with a 13". I haven't personally tried a PVM that small but I suspect a Commodore 1084 may be a better bet in that size.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Yeah, $50 is about right for a smaller PVM.

Thamiel

Mr. Big's Thug
Yeah, $50 is about right for a smaller PVM.

Updated with RGB dots, went for the outlines instead of a fill so the extra colours didn't clash with the rest of the scheme. Not going with black and white, too boring plus yellow and grey is total retro!

pvmcluba.png

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Outstanding. Sig updated.

Also, might I suggest folks that use this banner in their signature make the picture clickable linking back to this thread.

I did this for the image in my sig.

Last edited:

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
My guy wants 100$ for the 13" PVM. I'm thinking about offering him 75$ as these are hard to find in my area, if he'll meet me half way I'll go for it. I'd rather have Lemony's deal of course!

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
My guy wants 100$ for the 13" PVM. I'm thinking about offering him 75$ as these are hard to find in my area, if he'll meet me half way I'll go for it. I'd rather have Lemony's deal of course!

Honestly i would wait, its not worth it for a 13". I know you are eager to join the PVM club young grasshopper but one must be patient when it comes to RGB gaming....ummm....erm...yes

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
NEC XP29 owner here, love some good RGB gaming.

40C94E60.jpg

/me runs away from the Sony torch-carrying townsfolk.

alphagamer

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Honestly i would wait, its not worth it for a 13". I know you are eager to join the PVM club young grasshopper but one must be patient when it comes to RGB gaming....ummm....erm...yes

Good things come to those who wait...

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
NEC XP29 owner here, love some good RGB gaming.

/me runs away from the Sony torch-carrying townsfolk.

It's all good dude. I'm with you. I have an XM29 Plus myself. Think of it this way... the XM29 is all all purpose monitor and can do any resolution, where as the PVM are usually limited to 15khz (except for the VGA PVM). We can make another club and I'd be in that too. :glee:

300wins

Conan The Librarian,

Hahaha, the 4th thumbnail picture for that link is mine! The one showing KOF 98! I took that long ago (probably over 7 years ago).
However, that picture is misleading because the monitor I used back then was NOT a PVM-2530. It is a PGM-200R1U.
Here's a similar picture from that day, so you can see it was actually my picture someone posted. Too funny.

http://www.arcade4home.com/legends/legends-01.jpg

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Hahaha, the 4th thumbnail picture for that link is mine! The one showing KOF 98! I took that long ago (probably over 7 years ago).
However, that picture is misleading because the monitor I used back then was NOT a PVM-2530. It is a PGM-200R1U.
Here's a similar picture from that day, so you can see it was actually my picture someone posted. Too funny.

http://www.arcade4home.com/legends/legends-01.jpg

Yeah, when I talk to the guy, I'll call him on that.. what's better is that the owner of the pic is a friend of Mine! :D Someone in rot's Chat room told me that it was yours :D

bradtemple87

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member

I found one of mine on ebay from a seller who happened to be local. Have patience! I found my 20" shortly after that.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
saw the 19" one on my cl for $25 there are 8 and 12 inchers on now

what is the draw on these over say a megaview pro?

Last edited:

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
oh shit, a new club for me to join!
IMAG0097.jpg

IMAG0092.jpg

also rocking the nice scart to BNC adapter made by broken, thanks man.

actually not using it yet as I haven't found good deals on scart cables yet. I just made my own for genesis,saturn and supergun as I was inpatient and broke :) .

Thamiel

Mr. Big's Thug
So PVM maniacs! Any of you lads running multiple consoles through a switch to the set? Curious to hear how you guys go with geometry issues, picture shift etc. between the different consoles. I'm having a few issues with it myself.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
So PVM maniacs! Any of you lads running multiple consoles through a switch to the set? Curious to hear how you guys go with geometry issues, picture shift etc. between the different consoles. I'm having a few issues with it myself.

theMot had a thread going for SCART switches and had picture noise I believe - hit him up to see if he sorted things out as it may be of benefit with your problem?
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?237228-Scart-Switch&highlight=

Thamiel

Mr. Big's Thug
theMot had a thread going for SCART switches and had picture noise I believe - hit him up to see if he sorted things out as it may be of benefit with your problem?
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?237228-Scart-Switch&highlight=

Thanks for the reply mate, it's not noise that the issue though it's the actual picture shifting left/right/down/etc. For instance, i've calibrated my PVM using the test pattern for the Neo on the UniBios. Looks fantastic! I switch to the SNES or the Saturn and the actual picture itself is amazing it's just not sitting 100% where it should on the screen.