Page 272 of 272 FirstFirst ... 172222262268269270271272
Results 6,776 to 6,796 of 6796

Thread: CRT Fetish Thread

Lazy SNK Employee

Quote Originally Posted by kuze View Post
    Next time you buy a CRT you might test it first
    No doubt. I got ahead of myself on this one. I'll make some calls tomorrow to a few repair shops in my area and see if there's anyone that can fix this. If not, well, I dunno what I'll do yet lol.

I'm going to be honest. I dig a PVM, have one myself, but this chasing RGB is getting just too expensive and out of hand. I can tell you, a great consumer grade TV will give you a picture using a scart to component convertor that is pretty damn close to pure rgb. All this scanline chasing stuff is just too costly now, buy yourself a cheap 20-27 inch Sony Wega with s-video and component inputs, don't chase HD sets, quit looking at numbers. They are like 30-50 bucks all day long on CL in your backyard. Please, stop the insanity.

Lazy SNK Employee

If I can't get this PVM to work properly, then I'm definitely done with it. I can tell side by side the PVM looks better than my KV-27FS100, and if I get the PVM working properly, I'm ok with what I've put in for it so far. Anyone know how to change the aspect ration on this thing? PVM-20L2MD? I can't seem to find it anywhere in the manual. I doubt that has anything to do with the problems, but it's worth at least checking out. edit: nvm. Just realized my particular MD model doesn't allow switching. Scratch that idea.
    Last edited by F34R; 11-14-2017 at 01:16 AM.

Just got a PVM and its true... the quality is way better than it was on my Trinitron 32'' consumer tv. Thanks for the infos I gather here:PIMG_0450.jpg
    Last edited by YodaChips; 11-15-2017 at 08:45 PM.
    Gatsou & Caska will dominate!!!
    My post number is broken

!!Great sellers/traders I dealt with:Big Bear x4, Jim is Hot, Hentai Sama, dbarrett0928, Bones, Neo Bomber Man, Joe McCabe x2, Kenny Boy x3, MilkManX, Kobylka68, rimms_rs, Shawn (Neo-Store), 5thlion5thlion, Bluevoodu, ckchan x2, Shining Kooksu, Msu89dawgs, KOF RUGAL B., Dewclaw, Lemony Vengeance, Renmauzo, Unofficialitguy, snes_collector, NeoTurfMasta, pipes,egg_sanwich, Colorado Rockie!!

Akari's Big Brother

yeah its weird thing. A pro monitor is definitely the way to go if you can find one but i dont think a person should twist themselves up in knots over it. There is a noticeable difference in quality though.

Even going from a 1954Q to 20L5 there was a huge and immediate jump in quality.

But then my OG Samsung consumer set (which i kind of regret selling) was really dope and I loved playing through PS1, PS2 GCN Wii and Xbox games on it. The picture was so damn good via component (although it was the first set i used when i actually caring about picture quality so i was seeing alot of those games from composite to component for the first time). I never was able to test RGB on it so im not sure how well it would have stacked up. It would have probably still looked great but i cant imagine it would have quite measured up to the professional monitors im currently using. If I could never find a pro monitor I think id have been fine with that set.

its like discount store steak vs premium cut steak. Most people arent gonna know the difference.....but there is a difference

Crossed Swords Squire

I personally enjoyed twisting myself all up over getting exactly the right monitor(s). It was a fun process! I ended up driving from Minnesota to Michigan and back for some monitors too, so maybe I'm not your standard case.

Crossed Swords Squire

Just picked up the pair of these for $60 and just had to drive from Madison to Milwaukee, so it was a pretty easy trip. I know they're nothing too spectacular, but it's a start.

I should be getting my SCART to BNC cable in the mail later today.

IMG_20171116_120531736-1336x752.jpg

赤裸裸的汽車人

You need some decoration on those walls.
    Official Chat: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/misc.php?do=flashchat

dude, you're awful at this, you didn't even tried.

Crossed Swords Squire

Quote Originally Posted by Tripredacus View Post
    You need some decoration on those walls.
    Ha, there are, it's just up higher and out of the shot.

Crossed Swords Squire

Nice! I've never seen a Panasonic running RGB before. Are you going to mirror the image? Or run two separate consoles?

Crossed Swords Squire

Quote Originally Posted by aaronmjr View Post
    Nice! I've never seen a Panasonic running RGB before. Are you going to mirror the image? Or run two separate consoles?
    I was thinking about mirroring, but I haven't looked into it just yet. I honestly wasn't even planning on buying two, but it was on the auction as a lot of two.

I've been wanting to test the waters of pro monitors and this seemed like a pretty good opportunity for a reasonable price. I passed on a 19" Panasonic (I forget the model) and a Sony PVM-1944Q that were each up for $200 which didn't sell from the same seller (UW-Milwaukee). When I picked these up today, the dude that runs the surplus said that the 19" monitors would be listed next week for $100 each. I know they're kinda old models, but around $100 might be worth it. I'm still thinking since I don't want to go whole hog with the holidays coming up.

Also, he let me know that these came out of their cable broadcast department's back storage room and they're in the process of cleaning out everything to get all new equipment. That means the newer stuff they're using right now is going to probably be ready in January sometime, so I'm looking forward to that. Maybe I'll be able to get a decent larger and newer model in a couple months.

Crossed Swords Squire

Sounds like a good opportunity for getting some cheap stuff! Post pics when you get them up and running.

Choi's Barber

Quote Originally Posted by Tjanko04 View Post
    I was thinking about mirroring, but I haven't looked into it just yet. I honestly wasn't even planning on buying two, but it was on the auction as a lot of two.

I've been wanting to test the waters of pro monitors and this seemed like a pretty good opportunity for a reasonable price. I passed on a 19" Panasonic (I forget the model) and a Sony PVM-1944Q that were each up for $200 which didn't sell from the same seller (UW-Milwaukee). When I picked these up today, the dude that runs the surplus said that the 19" monitors would be listed next week for $100 each. I know they're kinda old models, but around $100 might be worth it. I'm still thinking since I don't want to go whole hog with the holidays coming up.

Also, he let me know that these came out of their cable broadcast department's back storage room and they're in the process of cleaning out everything to get all new equipment. That means the newer stuff they're using right now is going to probably be ready in January sometime, so I'm looking forward to that. Maybe I'll be able to get a decent larger and newer model in a couple months.
    They might be willing to sell you stuff outside of the auctions, as they would save on auction fees.

Those Panasonic CRTs look nice, let us know how they look once you've got 'em setup!

Crossed Swords Squire

Quote Originally Posted by kuze View Post
    They might be willing to sell you stuff outside of the auctions, as they would save on auction fees.

Those Panasonic CRTs look nice, let us know how they look once you've got 'em setup!
    Yep, I asked the guy if I could buy anything outside of the auction, however, because these are coming from the University, they have state regulations that say they have to be offered to the open public in a, "fair way." I suppose I can see the point since these were essentially bought with taxpayer's money and so they don't want buddies of the people running the program always getting first dibs. Luckily, this action was through UW-Madison's SWAP program so I only payed an extra $3 above the auction price.

I'll try to post some pictures shortly. I'm gonna see if I can make a DVD with a color bar to check the calibration.
    Last edited by Tjanko04; Yesterday at 06:16 PM. Reason: Punctuation

Choi's Barber

Ahh makes sense

Crossed Swords Squire

Well here's a pic of the first one. Looking pretty damn good if I say so myself. Obviously the camera takes a bit of the color away. I love how the red comes out in particular.

IMG_20171116_180304463-751x1335.jpg

Here's the second one hooked to my Neo so I don't lose points. Looks great, but again, my phone camera washes the color out a bit. So all in all, I'm very happy with the purchase.

IMG_20171116_183332753-1336x1002.jpg
    Last edited by Tjanko04; Yesterday at 07:37 PM. Reason: Added second picture.

Akari's Big Brother

wow ive never seen these before.

interesting that they have PAL/NTSC switch on them

what about the back? what kind of inputs does it take?

Lazy SNK Employee

My 20L2MD is sitting in a tv repair shop. I brought it over there on Tuesday. He started looking into it today. I'll drive by there tomorrow and get an update.

Akari's Big Brother

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    My 20L2MD is sitting in a tv repair shop. I brought it over there on Tuesday. He started looking into it today. I'll drive by there tomorrow and get an update.
    man im really hoping it works out for you. its a good monitor, it'll be nice if it can be brought back to life

Crossed Swords Squire

I'm using RGB right now. Looks like it takes all the flavors of inputs.

IMG_20171116_191924326-1002x1336.jpg

It looks like if I want to mirror I'll have to go SVideo for the other one since it looks like that's the only output.

Lazy SNK Employee

Quote Originally Posted by Wachenroder View Post
    man im really hoping it works out for you. its a good monitor, it'll be nice if it can be brought back to life
    Yeah me too. Either way, I'm done with it. I should have listened to the non-brain injury advice and not worried too much about it. I'm technically $230 into this set now. I literally barely was able to get the $150 put aside for it to begin with. Live and learn I guess.

Thread Information