Page 297 of 298 FirstFirst ... 197247287293294295296297298 LastLast
Results 7,401 to 7,425 of 7448

Thread: CRT Fetish Thread

ネオジオ

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Alec View Post
    Thanks for your compliments. The TV supports composite, S-video and component (YPbPr) without modification.

Bratwurst was planning to try a couple of things to correct the horizontal position when he has time. I was going to let a professional mess with the yoke and start sticking pots on the jungle before I attempt it. Voultar has some good info on the subject here:
    https://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?t=56155
    I see, thanks, I get now that the plastic caps of the Component connectors went off. Thanks for sharing the bit about H-phase using the jungle chip...it's indeed a jack of all trades for these kind of mods! I'll check if my TV has it..
    凄いゲームを連れて。。。売った。

Kyo's Flame
    Sunnyvale, CA http://www.twitch.tv/danadamkof

Bought a 14L5 recently. Found the seller by chance and he only wanted $100. Works great!

I have earned the
    right to PM Rot.

That looks lovely. Im sure glad I got into PVMs before they shot up in price. What these go for now is just crazy.

Medical Marijuana.
    Pfffttt......
    Dumbass 'murikanz.

Quote Originally Posted by ChopstickSamurai View Post
    That looks lovely. Im sure glad I got into PVMs before they shot up in price. What these go for now is just crazy.
    Dude! I'm actually honored that I am your avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobak View Post
    Could somebody in Belgium walk over to the fence and yell at Ratson to come back here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Shroom View Post
    Games you can't play.
    Rugs you can't walk on.
    Welcome to the neo geo scene!

I have earned the
    right to PM Rot.

Quote Originally Posted by ratson View Post
    Dude! I'm actually honored that I am your avatar
    Im glad you approve! It cracked me up so I figured why not? [emoji1]

Banned

I took a random photo of my console TV today in between a woodworking project and auto issues. I will continue to try to keep it from looking like my grandmother owns it.

Amano's Drinking Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by DanAdamKOF View Post
    Bought a 14L5 recently. Found the seller by chance and he only wanted $100. Works great!
    How big is the PVM on the left? Looks like it's either 27", or 29".
    100 is good for a 14" (and it's HR & Multiformat).
    Shock Troopers high score- 17,364,600

Kyo's Flame

Its a 29, 2950Q

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ninja Combat Warrior

14L5 is great. Hook up some 480p stuff to really make use of it.

Igniz's Servant

New Digital Foundry about playing modern PC games on a CRT

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

I have that monitor FW-900. Paired with a xrgb2 it's like crack for your eyes.

Kyo's Flame

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Amy View Post
    14L5 is great. Hook up some 480p stuff to really make use of it.
    Yep! The Dreamcast shot was via VGA box.

Zero's Tailor

To anyone that has a fw900, make sure to perform a windas white point balance calibration on it. You still will get a good experience without doing this, but a wwpb will put this monitor over. Played a bunch of Wii U and some Switch games this way and all looked great.
    Insert funny sig here.

Kyo's Flame

Ive got a Dell P1110 mothballed, but the fw900 hype as of late has made me tempted to unearth it. It also needs a touch up via windas IIRC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RAZO View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tacoguy View Post
    To anyone that has a fw900, make sure to perform a windas white point balance calibration on it. You still will get a good experience without doing this, but a wwpb will put this monitor over. Played a bunch of Wii U and some Switch games this way and all looked great.
    Mine died last winter when the flyback transformer shit out. I still have it, and use it for a paperweight in my storage area. Eventually I will find a donor model or contact Uncle Vito about getting a new FBT. I used windas & a color calibrator a few times in the 18 years I owned it, and it always looked amazing. I am still sad to see it sitting there unused.

Quote Originally Posted by DanAdamKOF View Post
    I’ve got a Dell P1110 mothballed, but the fw900 hype as of late has made me tempted to unearth it. It also needs a touch up via windas IIRC.
    Unearth it! I loved running PC games at 1280x800 @ 120 hz. I miss feeling motion sick while gaming and if you have one, you should certainly fire it up!

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

Picked this girl up yesterday. bvm-20g1u

Now I just need help dialing it in.

https://m.imgur.com/a/hbWzfWJ
    Last edited by BTD; 09-22-2019 at 08:38 AM.

OldSkool4Life

Quote Originally Posted by RAZO View Post
    If you ever sell it, I will be ready...

Raiden's Valet

Any ideas on what I can do to fix this? I'm getting a light trailing shadow behind some objects and text. You can see the lines of the top and bottom of the platform shadowed to the right of it. Hard to get a pic of it but here is what I have. Does it with both composite and s-video. Can't test RGB as I don't have an input card for it. There is no switch box. Just plugged directly into the inputs. Using a GameCube s-video monster cable. It works perfectly on all my other CRTs including the 17" version of this monitor. Monitor is a JVC TM-H15CG. No caps are leaking or swollen.

2019-10-25 (1).jpg
    Last edited by 3rdStrikeMike; 10-25-2019 at 09:11 PM. Reason: added more info

Dogg-Father

Has it always been like this or just something new? Have you moved the monitor recently? Sometimes the magnetic fields change with the season too?
    _ _ ___________________________ _ _
    People I've delt with:
    |Steve Rhine|Vinh|Jeff Kurtz|Kenny Boy|Big Bear|Fox1|Bones|Kid Aphex|Bluevoodu|Kubikiri Basara|Shawn|Michael Yagami|

Raiden's Valet

Quote Originally Posted by Neodogg View Post
    Has it always been like this or just something new? Have you moved the monitor recently? Sometimes the magnetic fields change with the season too?
    Just got it today. It was safely shipped thankfully. I should try degaussing it with my coil to see if that does anything. I have a couple other monitors that only like cardinal directions. Might have to mess with that too. Messed a ton with the service menu and pots inside. Got everything pretty dialed in, but it's still there. It seems more noticeable when running composite. After dialing it in a bit it looked much better when running s-video but it is still present. The image and text is really sharp and clear, but that trailing image seems to follow off of straight lines. Some games I can't see anything and then Mega Man 2 has it in multiple places on some screens. I tried multiple games and compared results on my 17" which is the same model just larger. That monitor doesn't have any trailing images whatsoever. I will degauss tomorrow and report back.
    Last edited by 3rdStrikeMike; 10-25-2019 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Added details

We have purposely
    trained him wrong
    ...as a joke.

I've seen threads with this problem on reddit for sony pvmsbut can't find it. I believe replacing certain capacitors will fix it, but not sure which ones. All my google searches keep coming up with newbs asking "is this horizontal line 3/4 down from my screen normal" when its just the aperture grill support lol.
    Last edited by ChuChu Flamingo; 10-26-2019 at 08:46 AM.

he spends hundreds on scarves, of course he's a fag and then ChuChu Flamingo preserved the aftermath in a plastic case making sure it wasn't exposed to unstable air
    You're just upset that you're too goddam stupid to understand the games and whiff infinites.
    Nintendo 64 Pikachu Edition Serial #NS294668665 Nintendo 64 "Funtastic Series" Jungle Green Serial #NS28721865

Raiden's Valet

Quote Originally Posted by ChuChu Flamingo View Post
    I've seen threads with this problem on reddit for sony pvmsbut can't find it. I believe replacing certain capacitors will fix it, but not sure which ones. All my google searches keep coming up with newbs asking "is this horizontal line 3/4 down from my screen normal" when its just the aperture grill support lol.
    Thanks for the input! I'll have to dig around a bit more online to see what I can find regarding what caps to replace. I ended up degaussing it and of course that didn't really do much (as I expected). I went a lot deeper into the service menu and adjusted about everything I could to see if it made any difference at all. About all I could do is make it more prominent. Nothing really made it look better. I actually have a place a couple hours away that works on CRTs. Unfortunately they don't seemed too versed in anything other than commercial sets. Unfortunately I don't have the soldering skills to recap on my own. I may have to hit up my friend in town who does a bunch of soldering. At least it is something fairly minimal and is actually hard to see or not visible at all on some screens depending on the game. My friends barely noticed it. It sucks being a perfectionist.

Hey guys. Would anyone be interested in a bvm 20f1u? i wanted to make a for sale thread but can't figure out where or if there is a marketplace section. sorry to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by ddtoron View Post
    Hey guys. Would anyone be interested in a bvm 20f1u? i wanted to make a for sale thread but can't figure out where or if there is a marketplace section. sorry to ask.
    Probably because you are not supposed to sell goods here until you establish yourself on the forums, even if such a sale would likely be in person local pickup. Sorry man. Rules are rules.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Wasabi View Post
    Probably because you are not supposed to sell goods here until you establish yourself on the forums, even if such a sale would likely be in person local pickup. Sorry man. Rules are rules.
    ok! guess no one here will be the one to get it. oh well.

Thread Information