Page 249 of 249 FirstFirst ... 149199239245246247248249
Results 6,201 to 6,216 of 6216

Thread: CRT Fetish Thread

Sho's Rival

Quote Originally Posted by KyaDash View Post
    That sort of streaking, especially since warming up lessens the issue, is most certainly related to caps needing replaced. That's not to say the same monitor might also being getting up there, and also have that issues, but it's certainly not apparent in those photos, and wouldn't be that visible nor that color.
    Thanks apart from taking a few mins to warm up to a point where the streaking is not too bad I'm very happy with the monitor. To be honest with all monitors this age I was not expecting it to be perfect as even after its warm there is still some streaking but its not that noticeable while playing a game. I will try and get it re capped at some stage if I cab find anyone to service it. Image really does look great overall being a 600 line unit and its so nice not having any lag which I really do notice on my HDTV.

Nintendo Network ID: JamieJC666
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1075-0711-3225 (Feel free to add me, just message me your code)

World Hero

I believe it was in this thread a few weeks where i was asking about RGB on the Wii.

So the last thing i was doing was trying to get Wiiware games in RGB and i figured it out. Apparently my Wiiware games were'nt showing up in USBLOADER GX because they were stored on the SD Card (stupid system memory limits)

So i just moved the main games i wanted to play over to the system menu (GRADIUS CONTRA and CASTLEVANIA REBIRTH, MM9, MM10, ADVENTURE ISLAND, RONDO, AIRZONK and SUPER AIRZONK) from there all i did is force pal60 on them like i did with GCN and WII games it worked like a charm.

Now what im wondering is has anyone found a way to get USBLOADER to read everything off the SD card so i dont have to move games individually and delete them when im done? Seems way too tedious to have to do that every time. I've heard something about using Emunand allowing you to pull all the games from that, bypassing the wii default system memory but im not sure how it works.

Also has anybody here ever found a game that just plain not work in PAL60? Every game i tried so far works for PAL60 but im playing DKCR and for some reason that game refuses to run in PAL60 at all. it always defaults to PAL50.

Kyo's Flame
    Sunnyvale, CA http://www.twitch.tv/danadamkof

Quote Originally Posted by Wachenroder View Post
    I believe it was in this thread a few weeks where i was asking about RGB on the Wii.

So the last thing i was doing was trying to get Wiiware games in RGB and i figured it out. Apparently my Wiiware games were'nt showing up in USBLOADER GX because they were stored on the SD Card (stupid system memory limits)

So i just moved the main games i wanted to play over to the system menu (GRADIUS CONTRA and CASTLEVANIA REBIRTH, MM9, MM10, ADVENTURE ISLAND, RONDO, AIRZONK and SUPER AIRZONK) from there all i did is force pal60 on them like i did with GCN and WII games it worked like a charm.

Now what im wondering is has anyone found a way to get USBLOADER to read everything off the SD card so i dont have to move games individually and delete them when im done? Seems way too tedious to have to do that every time. I've heard something about using Emunand allowing you to pull all the games from that, bypassing the wii default system memory but im not sure how it works.

Also has anybody here ever found a game that just plain not work in PAL60? Every game i tried so far works for PAL60 but im playing DKCR and for some reason that game refuses to run in PAL60 at all. it always defaults to PAL50.
    Yes, Let's Tap was 50hz even though I selected PAL60.

World Hero

Quote Originally Posted by DanAdamKOF View Post
    Yes, Let's Tap was 50hz even though I selected PAL60.
    oh yeah i remember telling me you had problems but i thought you had problems with everything?

Paris-Dakar Rally Driver
    Dakar 2003

While I don't use Wiiware, I keep my SNES, NES, etc games on a flash drive along with the GCN games.

Cheng's Errand Boy

EmuNAND is the way to go about doing it. VC/WiiWare stuff moved to the SD card is just there for storage, not actual use.

I've been meaning to set one up for years now, but haven't gotten around to doing it, so I really can't give any tips or suggests on how to actually do so.

Fio's Quartermaster

alright gents I'm looking what should I get?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FD_Tri..._United_States
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesagwa View Post
    If a middle aged woman shitting on a glass coffee table shocks you, let me welcome you to the internet as you must be new here.

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by djjimmyjames View Post
    One of each.

Kyo's Flame
    Sunnyvale, CA http://www.twitch.tv/danadamkof

oh yeah i remember telling me you had problems but i thought you had problems with everything?
    I believe Let's Tap is all I tried, didn't bother with checking more once I saw this wouldn't do 60hz even when I told it to. NTSC version of the game if it matters.

World Hero

EmuNAND is the way to go about doing it. VC/WiiWare stuff moved to the SD card is just there for storage, not actual use.

I've been meaning to set one up for years now, but haven't gotten around to doing it, so I really can't give any tips or suggests on how to actually do so.
    you can run games from the sd card. i'm guessing it still has to be loaded into the system memory since it does take a few seconds to load up before it actually boots but it does work.

Cheng's Errand Boy

At least on OFW, I'm pretty sure you can only run VC stuff from NAND, not SD; There may be a way around it with CFW (ignoring EmuNAND), but not that I'm explicitly aware of.

Schlonginator II: Judgment Dong

You want anything with 480i and component. Anything that says high scan or high def is going to be an excellent TV but not necessarily good for low res gaming.

World Hero

At least on OFW, I'm pretty sure you can only run VC stuff from NAND, not SD; There may be a way around it with CFW (ignoring EmuNAND), but not that I'm explicitly aware of.
    oh ok that makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by DanAdamKOF View Post
    I believe Let's Tap is all I tried, didn't bother with checking more once I saw this wouldn't do 60hz even when I told it to. NTSC version of the game if it matters.
    all the games im playing right now are NTSC and all of those seem to work fine with force PAL60 except that one game. I'm not sure about Let's Tap but i have noticed that some games require individual tinkering. like sometimes you have to go to the main settings and set it to PAL60 and if that doesnt take then select the game, go to its settings and set that to PAL60. If that doesnt work then you are where i am with stupid DKCR

Cheng's Errand Boy

So what are the good choices if you cant get a XM PVM or a BVM rgb monitor ? I would want something I can carry without murdering my back. I see good deals on wegas, Trinitrons and XBRs. What would be key?
    Would love this but I cant lift it and I don't exactly see myself talking a friend into helping.
    https://rochester.craigslist.org/ele/6031183880.html
    Thats a great deal. I have a XBR and its great for certain sets up's but not great for others. S-video looks great through it, a normal nes through composite a/v looks pretty nice but some games with certain backgrounds look weird when they move, like darkwing duck for example. Some systems with scart cable / component converter look really nice, other give me jail bars...but wont on my other CRT. So its picky about that. PS2, Gamecube, Xbox, 3DO, CDZ, through component or s-video all look really really nice on it.
    Currently listening to:
    My Tinnitus

Schlonginator II: Judgment Dong

Quote Originally Posted by Dominance9 View Post
    a normal nes through composite a/v looks pretty nice but some games with certain backgrounds look weird when they move, like darkwing duck for example.
    It's probably the comb filter it uses. Those Sony sets use some of the best ever made, and it's great for video sources but does weird things to games. My HDTV is like that, NES looks awful but a laserdisc or vcr looks surprisingly good.

Cheng's Errand Boy

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    It's probably the comb filter it uses. Those Sony sets use some of the best ever made, and it's great for video sources but does weird things to games. My HDTV is like that, NES looks awful but a laserdisc or vcr looks surprisingly good.
    Is there anything that can be done to turn that off or adjust it out? Or is it just there and thats that? But yep sounds about right, some stuff looks great, other stuff meh or weird.
    Currently listening to:
    My Tinnitus

Thread Information