Page 265 of 275 FirstFirst ... 165215255261262263264265266267268269 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,625 of 6854

Thread: CRT Fetish Thread

  1. #6601
    Formerly Raz_Hoe.
    RAZO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Jersey

    Posts
    5,494
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamefan View Post
    RAZ - How do you like your Sigma Raijin supergun? Been eyeing those for a while now.
    I love it but keep in mind that because it's a all in one unit, space is a concern. If your playing on a huge desk with tons of space and you don't mind having your JAMMA board parked right next to your Sigma Raijin than your all good. If you need more space in between than you would need a longer JAMMA Harness at least 4ft. The AV7000 is a better option if you don't have the space.

  2. #6602
    OldSkool4Life
    Gamefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Denver, Colorado

    Posts
    3,636
    Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_HOE! View Post
    I love it but keep in mind that because it's a all in one unit, space is a concern. If your playing on a huge desk with tons of space and you don't mind having your JAMMA board parked right next to your Sigma Raijin than your all good. If you need more space in between than you would need a longer JAMMA Harness at least 4ft. The AV7000 is a better option if you don't have the space.
    I do like how it is all one unit. Can you order a longer harness or do you have to build one?

  3. #6603
    Formerly Raz_Hoe.
    RAZO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Jersey

    Posts
    5,494
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamefan View Post
    I do like how it is all one unit. Can you order a longer harness or do you have to build one?
    Yes, you can buy a longer harness but I think the longest I ever seen was 3ft and some change. If you need anything longer you might need to build one or have someone build it for you. James builds them and from what Marty told me, they are topnotch.

  4. #6604
    OldSkool4Life
    Gamefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Denver, Colorado

    Posts
    3,636
    Thanks RAZ!

  5. #6605
    Rugal's Thug
    NucaCola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Kansas

    Posts
    95
    Welp, this is my current setup right now. My dad and I just moved into his new house and after 2 years of planning, research, hunting, bargaining, and repairs, I finally have my PVM 2530 RGB setup.

    The only two RGB consoles I have right now are my RGB modded SNES mini, and my Neo Geo AES.

    Those boxes in the back are the rest of my consoles and games. Once I have my Kallax shelving units delivered and built, I'll be much better off.

    Also that box underneath my AES is a dvd player hooked up through composite, I pretty much use it just to watch Robotech and Godzilla on when I'm bored.
    IMG_0532.JPG

  6. #6606

  7. #6607
    We have purposely
    trained him wrong
    ...as a joke.
    ChuChu Flamingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    US

    Posts
    1,752
    Dem scanlines.

    I decided I was tired of my old giant daisy chained electrical spider fire death trap setup so I built myself a wood stand. Everything is RGB except Genesis (S-video), AV Famicom (composite), PC Engine Duo-R (S-video) and Nintendo 64 (S-video). Dimensions for the stand were 4 feet by 2 feet with each shelf being around 12 inches tall.

    Unless they add a deblur filter to the RGB kits on n64 I am content with S-video on there. Sega Genesis I am just waiting it out for the triple bypass by DB Electronics so I can rock an og Genesis model 1. The s-video mod Shadowkn did on my Genesis 2 looks amazing, by far the best s-video i've seen from a console. AV Famicom is definitely on my next to do list for RGB though.


    SB-2840 RGB SCART to component adapter and some random S-video splitter.



    GScart lite



    Stand




    Only thing I need to finish on this setup is move those boxes, get a GCompS component switcher, hook up Wii/GC, and set up some nice speakers/base.If I ever make another I would probably make it a little longer. Also fuck Minwax Oil based stainer as I had to leave this air out for 2 months due to real unstable air. I highly recommend if anyone stains to use something water based and to use a sealer, also get a conditioner for your wood so it stains evenly.
    Last edited by ChuChu Flamingo; 10-10-2017 at 06:03 PM.


    he spends hundreds on scarves, of course he's a fag and then ChuChu Flamingo preserved the aftermath in a plastic case making sure it wasn't exposed to unstable air
    You're just upset that you're too goddam stupid to understand the games and whiff infinites.

  8. #6608
    Blame madman
    You Know You Want To.
    madman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Boston

    Posts
    5,565
    Are those loose NES carts in box protectors?

  9. #6609
    We have purposely
    trained him wrong
    ...as a joke.
    ChuChu Flamingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    US

    Posts
    1,752
    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    Are those loose NES carts in box protectors?
    I wouldn't call them box protectors but they serve the same function. The main reason I have them is to keep dust off. They also take up a lot less space than those universal game cases and bit boxes.Seems dumb to initiate the Windex Protocol on the games to have them be left out and get dirty again.
    Last edited by ChuChu Flamingo; 10-10-2017 at 06:23 PM.


    he spends hundreds on scarves, of course he's a fag and then ChuChu Flamingo preserved the aftermath in a plastic case making sure it wasn't exposed to unstable air
    You're just upset that you're too goddam stupid to understand the games and whiff infinites.

  10. #6610
    Morden's Lackey
    3rdStrikeMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Moorhead, MN

    Posts
    372
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuChu Flamingo View Post
    Dem scanlines.

    I decided I was tired of my old giant daisy chained electrical spider fire death trap setup so I built myself a wood stand. Everything is RGB except Genesis (S-video), AV Famicom (composite), PC Engine Duo-R (S-video) and Nintendo 64 (S-video). Dimensions for the stand were 4 feet by 2 feet with each shelf being around 12 inches tall.

    Unless they add a deblur filter to the RGB kits on n64 I am content with S-video on there. Sega Genesis I am just waiting it out for the triple bypass by DB Electronics so I can rock an og Genesis model 1. The s-video mod Shadowkn did on my Genesis 2 looks amazing, by far the best s-video i've seen from a console. AV Famicom is definitely on my next to do list for RGB though.


    SB-2840 RGB SCART to component adapter and some random S-video splitter.



    GScart lite



    Stand




    Only thing I need to finish on this setup is move those boxes, get a GCompS component switcher, hook up Wii/GC, and set up some nice speakers/base.If I ever make another I would probably make it a little longer. Also fuck Minwax Oil based stainer as I had to leave this air out for 2 months due to real unstable air. I highly recommend if anyone stains to use something water based and to use a sealer, also get a conditioner for your wood so it stains evenly.
    Good shit!! A lot of systems in a nice small spot. I totally approve

  11. #6611
    Formerly Raz_Hoe.
    RAZO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Jersey

    Posts
    5,494
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuChu Flamingo View Post
    Dem scanlines.

    I decided I was tired of my old giant daisy chained electrical spider fire death trap setup so I built myself a wood stand. Everything is RGB except Genesis (S-video), AV Famicom (composite), PC Engine Duo-R (S-video) and Nintendo 64 (S-video). Dimensions for the stand were 4 feet by 2 feet with each shelf being around 12 inches tall.

    Unless they add a deblur filter to the RGB kits on n64 I am content with S-video on there. Sega Genesis I am just waiting it out for the triple bypass by DB Electronics so I can rock an og Genesis model 1. The s-video mod Shadowkn did on my Genesis 2 looks amazing, by far the best s-video i've seen from a console. AV Famicom is definitely on my next to do list for RGB though.


    SB-2840 RGB SCART to component adapter and some random S-video splitter.



    GScart lite



    Stand




    Only thing I need to finish on this setup is move those boxes, get a GCompS component switcher, hook up Wii/GC, and set up some nice speakers/base.If I ever make another I would probably make it a little longer. Also fuck Minwax Oil based stainer as I had to leave this air out for 2 months due to real unstable air. I highly recommend if anyone stains to use something water based and to use a sealer, also get a conditioner for your wood so it stains evenly.

    That old school 1970's carpet you got just causes more dust. Not Good for your games. Need to upgrade your shit son.

  12. #6612
    Thou Shalt Not
    Question Rot.
    xsq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Muenster, Germany

    Posts
    7,420
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuChu Flamingo View Post
    looks like a clean and solid build, nice!




    still waiting on how this will turn out:
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronmjr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneSage View Post
    Here's a good rule of thumb, for life in general and not just translating some fucking video game:

    If you're going to do something, don't announce it. Just do it. And when it is done, then you can tell people.

  13. #6613
    Rugal's Thug
    NucaCola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Kansas

    Posts
    95
    Here's an update on my setup. I finally got my Kallax shelving units not too long ago and got everything setup in them. The only rgb scart cables I have are for my AES and my modded SNES mini. I ordered rgb scart cables for my Sega Genesis and Saturn, and will get one for my PS1 as well. Which leaves my N64 and Gamecube. I'm probably going to buy a rgb modded N64, and my Gamecube I'm not sure what I'm going to do for it but I'm going to find a solution for it.
    Tell me what you guys think! Any ideas?
    IMG_0558.JPG

  14. #6614
    Kyo's Flame
    DanAdamKOF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Sunnyvale, CA http://www.twitch.tv/danadamkof

    Posts
    8,148
    If you're just playing GameCube titles, use a Wii with Component cables. There's a whole song and dance to softmod a Wii and get it doing 60hz RGB but it's a pain.

  15. #6615
    Viewpoint Vigilante
    kuze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    In the year 2248

    Posts
    2,225
    Best solution for GameCube is probably gcvideo, barring being able to find a component or dterminal cable to convert to rgb.

  16. #6616
    Akari's Big Brother
    Wachenroder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles

    Posts
    2,537
    Quote Originally Posted by DanAdamKOF View Post
    If you're just playing GameCube titles, use a Wii with Component cables. There's a whole song and dance to softmod a Wii and get it doing 60hz RGB but it's a pain.
    still giving you trouble eh? One day im gonna have to try and walk you through that. Its so weird that your Wii just wont play nice.


    It sort of is a pain but once you know how to do it, its really not that bad. Ultimately its not really worth the trouble over just going with component unless you dont have a reliable component solution. Then RGB all the way.

  17. #6617
    Genyosai's Servant
    skate323k137's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Earth, Dimension C137

    Posts
    2,980
    I use a modded wii as well. I recently started using open ps2 loader with GSM on PS2. Forced progressive scan on gradius v is glorious (which reminds me to get off my ass and play the shmup of the month).

  18. #6618
    Rugal's Thug
    NucaCola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Kansas

    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by kuze View Post
    Best solution for GameCube is probably gcvideo, barring being able to find a component or dterminal cable to convert to rgb.
    Yeah unfortunately I really don't understand what gcvideo actually is I watched My Life In Gaming talk about it a little bit, that there's an analog and digital version, and that it's a chip you install into the GC, but besides that, I still really don't know what it does.
    Can someone eli5 on this subject?

  19. #6619
    Kuroko's Training Dummy

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    SC

    Posts
    74
    Welp, after 7ish months, the Sony KV died.
    I was looking at a Samsung SlimFit CRT (TX-T2082), but wasn't sure if that's something worth getting when it comes to picture quality. I'm kinda burnt out looking at this point. Any affordable ($200-300) suggestions would be greatly appreciated. It'll be only for old console gaming. The Wii would be the "Newest" console to even go on it. Primarily NES/SNES/Genesis eras.

  20. #6620
    Cheng's Errand Boy
    CrazyDean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Columbia, SC

    Posts
    111
    I was using RGB on my NA Wii with external hdd. I got tired of my Wii booting in red and then having to force RGB 60Hz on every new Wii game. Even then, not every game works in RGB which means you have to switch cables and change your settings. It was just too much trouble.

    In the end, I just went back to component. I can even use emulators if I want now.

  21. #6621
    Thou Shalt Not
    Question Rot.
    xsq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Muenster, Germany

    Posts
    7,420
    Quote Originally Posted by NucaCola View Post
    Which leaves my N64 and Gamecube. I'm probably going to buy a rgb modded N64 [...] Any ideas?
    Wachenroder is your man...

    Oh and: Nice looking setup! Where do you keep the controllers?

  22. #6622
    We have purposely
    trained him wrong
    ...as a joke.
    ChuChu Flamingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    US

    Posts
    1,752
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Welp, after 7ish months, the Sony KV died.
    I was looking at a Samsung SlimFit CRT (TX-T2082), but wasn't sure if that's something worth getting when it comes to picture quality. I'm kinda burnt out looking at this point. Any affordable ($200-300) suggestions would be greatly appreciated. It'll be only for old console gaming. The Wii would be the "Newest" console to even go on it. Primarily NES/SNES/Genesis eras.

    It will probably look fine but keep in mind flat crts have geometry issues that you will need to iron out in the service menu, a lot of times even that won't fix it all. Other than that it should look good but like all CRTs it depends upon how often it was used and what type of content it displayed over its lifespan.


    he spends hundreds on scarves, of course he's a fag and then ChuChu Flamingo preserved the aftermath in a plastic case making sure it wasn't exposed to unstable air
    You're just upset that you're too goddam stupid to understand the games and whiff infinites.

  23. #6623
    Kuroko's Training Dummy

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    SC

    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuChu Flamingo View Post
    It will probably look fine but keep in mind flat crts have geometry issues that you will need to iron out in the service menu, a lot of times even that won't fix it all. Other than that it should look good but like all CRTs it depends upon how often it was used and what type of content it displayed over its lifespan.
    Thank you. I migh just slide over to a goodwill store and grab something on the cheap there. I’m sitting on the stupid crt bvm bug and almost willing to spend money I don’t really have in order to get one lol. My wife is just about annoyed as she can get when I keep mentioning it lol.

  24. #6624
    Cheng's Errand Boy
    CrazyDean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Columbia, SC

    Posts
    111

    CRT Fetish Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Thank you. I migh just slide over to a goodwill store and grab something on the cheap there. Iím sitting on the stupid crt bvm bug and almost willing to spend money I donít really have in order to get one lol. My wife is just about annoyed as she can get when I keep mentioning it lol.
    Get an Olympus OEV203. They're identical to the Sony PVM 20M2MDU and can usually be found cheaper. Also, they were originally endoscopy monitors so of course good content was displayed over its lifetime.

  25. #6625
    Kuroko's Training Dummy

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    SC

    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDean View Post
    Get an Olympus OEV203. They're identical to the Sony PVM 20M2MDU and can usually be found cheaper. Also, they were originally endoscopy monitors so of course good content was displayed over its lifetime.
    That’s the other one I’ve been looking for. PM me if necessary, but what would a decent price be for that one?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •