AES-style MVS replacement shells preview

WNivek

Overtop Pathfinder
I quite like the look of this shell design. I look forward to ordering several of them if/when they become available.
Best of luck to you in your endeavors, Shadowkn55.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Man I wish you could get this going, those shells are badass Quan!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The problem isn't really making these but more the fact that he needs to order a minimum to keep it cost effective and I don't think anyone wants to sit on thousands of these if the initial pre-order is dim.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Been focusing too much on art. Painting, original sketches, can't get enough. Unfortunately my well has run dry.

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
I still really love the idea of these shells. I don't know if I could do it in one purchase but I would buy one for every MVS cart I have.

shadowkn55, do you have labels for the Neo library that fit your shells? Is an AES home cart label the exact same size as what would fit on your shells?

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
shadowkn55, do you have labels for the Neo library that fit your shells? Is an AES home cart label the exact same size as what would fit on your shells?
I'll provide the printing service as part of the kickstarter but the artwork itself will need to be community provided. Just like the shockbox art.
They are a bit larger to differentiate them a little from the aes cart. Here's a couple side by sides.

rtv_shell_5_zps854b12c2.png

rtv_shell_6_zps4dde700e.png
The cut out is 99mm x 99mm but to be safe, you should go with either a 97mm or 98mm square. The corners have a radius of 2.5mm.
Yeah. I have measurements for all three sections.

Spine: 18.8mm
Arc: 7.4mm
Face: 71.8mm

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I distinctly remember him saying he decided to tone down the size of the label because it was out of control crazy big.

capnd77

Marked Wolf
Definitely a cool project, I'd grab a few for sure if they ever come to light. Good luck

xsq

I distinctly remember him saying he decided to tone down the size of the label because it was out of control crazy big.
you might be right. I just wanted to make the point that most questions are answered if you just READ THA DAMN THREAD.

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
Aside from shadowkn55 who has made some (likely lots) of labels for these carts has anyone else started making some? Is there a list somewhere of which labels are done and which need to get done?
Is there a template kicking around for the labels. I would enjoy making some and contributing to this project.

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
Why would anyone make labels for carta that havent been made yet?

The only thing holding back this product is enough people to getting in on the initial run to get the ball rolling. And the closer these replacement shells are to ready (IE community created labels) the better.

xsq

...I don't think more labels will lead to more people preordering. But if it does, more power to you.

Dahun72

NEST Puppet
These are great, awesome work. It's a pity there's not enough numbers for it. Still, even at $15 it's too rich for those that don't live in the USA - much the same way the Southtown Shockboxes are too expensive when you ship them out of the USA even at the cheapest option -18 in one box. It equates to AU $25-30 delivered each with an insert depending on the exchange rate. So perhaps AU $35+ each to get one to Aus? In comparison I've picked up lots of carts here for under that price.

All that said I would love 60 of them. Great work - you're super talented but I doubt I could ever afford them even if you did get it up n running. Best of luck!

Last edited: