AES-style MVS replacement shells preview

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
There are some of us who would not find that unpalatable.

If that's the case, that would effectively half the minimum amount needed to get started. As long as the numbers add up, it's all a sliding scale on price per piece vs minimum quantity needed.

Bonga7

Zero's Secretary
I'm so disappointed the kickstarter project didn't get funded. I hope you haven't given up seeing this project come to fruition, Quan, I have so many battle damaged carts that need new shells! Seeing that pic of the Omega carts seated in the Omega CMVS is beyond sexy.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
I'm so disappointed the kickstarter project didn't get funded. I hope you haven't given up seeing this project come to fruition, Quan, I have so many battle damaged carts that need new shells! Seeing that pic of the Omega carts seated in the Omega CMVS is beyond sexy.

I'd really like to see this project finished as well. I'm already invested several thousand just for the prototypes you've seen and that doesn't include the time I spent in design. It'll happen sooner or later. If the project that I'm currently in takes off as well as planned, flying solo might be a possibility. This doesn't mean I'd like to fill my garage with empty cart shells though.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Well, let's hope the other project does well then we can give the shells another go with a lower goal. I really do want the shells to be made, they look sweet. Maybe the second time around NGDEV can chip in as well.

Thamiel

Mr. Big's Thug
Stay with it mate, these are a great product. Was absolutely looking forward to getting a hold of these.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2

Fulkelmis

Kuroko's Training Dummy
So disappointed that the project were not funded, even I was not aware that this has been set up and is finished by now :-(

DaytimeDreamer

Southern Pounce.,
Note to original poster:

Have you tried to advertise these shells on other forums as well? ArcadeOtaku and other retro gaming forums?

If you have an account at NeoGAF I would definately post there as well.

You can also make a Facebook page about them, make an explanatory post and have other retro gaming FB pages with lots of likes share your post ... FB REALLY helps when it comes down to this ;)

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
So I've long since missed this kickstarter... and this thread!
Just wanted to say I think this is a very cool project. I love these shells.
If this ever comes back I would be all over it if the price per cart could comes down a lot. Even if that meant buying in large quantities like 50 packs.
I don't have a CMVS but I would do this even with my full cabinet.

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
So I've long since missed this kickstarter... and this thread!
Just wanted to say I think this is a very cool project. I love these shells.
If this ever comes back I would be all over it if the price per cart could comes down a lot. Even if that meant buying in large quantities like 50 packs.
I don't have a CMVS but I would do this even with my full cabinet.

Ditto for me as well. I would wholeheartedly financially support replacement AES-style shells with labels for MVS games. Even more so if I could optionally get wooden ones like the older NG Dev Team games.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member

I like how they say it's new when it actually isn't, one of the first makers of affordable 3D printers(Form Labs) used it in their Kickstarter campaign back in 2012. It was I think the most funded 3D printer.

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...ordable-professional-3d-printer?ref=discovery

But I did notice in the link that the printer itself is much faster.

Last edited:

brettybluevein

New Challenger
Shit these are awesome! I'd totally be in for a set of 10 and I don't even have 10 MVS carts yet. If this should so happen to come to light by some other way, please include me as interested. Sorry it didn't get funded on the first go around.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
I'm glad everyone still holds this project idea in high regard. The prices are just a reflection of the quantities being sold. The numbers just weren't there to get it off the ground. This idea is still in the back of my mind so if things go better than expected for the BLW and there aren't higher priority projects that need immediate funding, I'd considering flying solo so long as there is a sizable project that could use shells as part of production (Jeff's new game, NGdev's new game, CSII, etc). Just sayin...

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I'd considering flying solo so long as there is a sizable project that could use shells as part of production (Jeff's new game, NGdev's new game, CSII, etc). Just sayin...
readying spam canon.

daithidownunder

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I'm glad everyone still holds this project idea in high regard. The prices are just a reflection of the quantities being sold. The numbers just weren't there to get it off the ground. This idea is still in the back of my mind so if things go better than expected for the BLW and there aren't higher priority projects that need immediate funding, I'd considering flying solo so long as there is a sizable project that could use shells as part of production (Jeff's new game, NGdev's new game, CSII, etc). Just sayin...

I think these are a great idea. They look super smart and i would certainly be interested when they become available.

daithidownunder

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Thanks for the response lemony. I do think there is a place for these where the cmvs/omega is concerned.

Zerrminator

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
I was initially excited about these but had a change of heart. Personally I would love to get replacement glossy black MVS shells at a decent price. That way I could swap out all my really dinged up and damaged Yaton shells...

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
I wish this came to fruition. Such a great idea. I'd swap out all my cart shells with these. There'd probably be an awesome selection of custom/repro stickers as well. Repro being copies of the original AES stickers.