Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: AES-style MVS replacement shells preview

Rugal's Thug

These look great and I'd love to get all my MVS game in these at some point. Unfortunately it's just a bit too costly to justify. It's a shame as, if money was no object, I'd definitely go for it.

Great work though and I hope you manage to get enough orders to make it work for you.

Neo Bubble Buster

Shame this never took off, I would of bought 20

Igniz's Servant

Yup, this would be very cool. I'm still really interested and I'm still hoping these shells will happen.
    -Sega Dude

Visit me @ http://RetroMegabit.com

Bashful Neophyte

These look incredible. I would definitely be down for at least 4 if they got off the ground.

@shadowkn55 I'm working on a new Shmup for the NeoGeo (vertical/MVS only) and are currently talking to a bunch of people regarding costs of pcb production, shells and boxes.. With the latter being the least of my problems Would you still be willing to pick this project again? How many shells would you need to sell to make this worth your time? The game will not be finished before 2020, so not too much of a rush. I just need to get a ballpark on the production costs for now.

JammaNationX

Quote Originally Posted by mtn View Post
    @shadowkn55 I'm working on a new Shmup for the NeoGeo (vertical/MVS only) and are currently talking to a bunch of people regarding costs of pcb production, shells and boxes.. With the latter being the least of my problems Would you still be willing to pick this project again? How many shells would you need to sell to make this worth your time? The game will not be finished before 2020, so not too much of a rush. I just need to get a ballpark on the production costs for now.
    Iirc it was like 1k or 1.5.

Armored Scrum Object

Quote Originally Posted by mtn View Post
    I just need to get a ballpark on the production costs for now.
    You may want to contact Neo Dev Team about that topic. If anything you may be able to license their board designs and shell sourcing from them. May be a cheaper option than starting from scratch if they want to work with you.

Just a thought. No guarantee though.

Loyal Neo-Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by NexusX View Post
    You may want to contact Neo Dev Team about that topic. If anything you may be able to license their board designs and shell sourcing from them. May be a cheaper option than starting from scratch if they want to work with you.

Just a thought. No guarantee though.
    Also looks like the Xeno Crisis crew is getting some shells manufactured soon, could reach out to them and see if you can work something out

Thread Information