World Cup 2014 - Qualifiers

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
You got to love Jurgen the German.

Even though he did play for the Yid army.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
You got to love Jurgen the German.

Even though he did play for the Yid army.

I love Klinsmann's contribution to the US. Form has been phenomenal under him.

He didn't do shit for the yids. No one ever has.

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
I love Klinsmann's contribution to the US. Form has been phenomenal under him.

He didn't do shit for the yids. No one ever has.

I even have to admit Klinsmann has done well for the USA and it shouldn't be long before he get's a job managing one of the top club's in Europe.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I even have to admit Klinsmann has done well for the USA and it shouldn't be long before he get's a job managing one of the top club's in Europe.

He married an American, so working in the US lets him be with his wife and kids. He may not be interested in Europe now.

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
i think whatever happens he is going to push for another contract after the WC - at the very least - 2 more years. Failing that i don't see him managing any clubs in Europe.

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
i think whatever happens he is going to push for another contract after the WC - at the very least - 2 more years. Failing that i don't see him managing any clubs in Europe.

That's where the problem is, if Klinsmann keep's performing well with the USA it's going to be hard keeping him under contract with most of the top european club's wanting him. There is always going to be temptation from abroad and Jurgen Klinsmann is no different when a Barcelona or a Bayern Munich of this world come calling.

As Xander Crews has already stated in post 55 if he is settled in America with his Wife and Children that will be a different story.

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
That's where the problem is, if Klinsmann keep's performing well with the USA it's going to be hard keeping him under contract with most of the top european club's wanting him. There is always going to be temptation from abroad and Jurgen Klinsmann is no different when a Barcelona or a Bayern Munich of this world come calling.

As Xander Crews has already stated in post 55 if he is settled in America with his Wife and Children that will be a different story.

He's been married and living in california for years now. Even when he coached Germany in 2006 there was all these news stories about how he was the wrong man for the job because he hated all the back and forth.

according to the wikipedias this is what he said after 2006

Despite the highly acclaimed performance at the World Cup and the praise earned, Klinsmann declined to renew his contract, informing the DFB of his decision on 11 July 2006. The decision was officially announced by the DFB on 12 July 2006. Klinsmann's assistant Joachim Löw was appointed as the new head trainer at the same press conference. Klinsmann said "My big wish is to go back to my family, to go back to leading a normal life with them ... After two years of putting in a lot of energy, I feel I lack the power and the strength to continue in the same way.

He coached bayern in 2009 for a season i believe.

Maybe he is hungrier now for trophies i don't know but i think it would be a hard sell to get him back to club coaching in Europe

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
He's been married and living in california for years now. Even when he coached Germany in 2006 there was all these news stories about how he was the wrong man for the job because he hated all the back and forth.

according to the wikipedias this is what he said after 2006

Despite the highly acclaimed performance at the World Cup and the praise earned, Klinsmann declined to renew his contract, informing the DFB of his decision on 11 July 2006. The decision was officially announced by the DFB on 12 July 2006. Klinsmann's assistant Joachim Löw was appointed as the new head trainer at the same press conference. Klinsmann said "My big wish is to go back to my family, to go back to leading a normal life with them ... After two years of putting in a lot of energy, I feel I lack the power and the strength to continue in the same way.

He coached bayern in 2009 for a season i believe.

Maybe he is hungrier now for trophies i don't know but i think it would be a hard sell to get him back to club coaching in Europe

Jurgen Klinsmann managed Bayern Munich in 2008 and was released from his duties in 2009 because him and the board had a difference of opinion's and as a consequence he left by mutual consent.

By all mean's I wish the USA and Jurgen Klinsmann all the best in the World Cup qualifiers.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

Jupp Heyncks told Barcelona where they could put their offer. ;)

I think German managers are just different blood. Guys like Mourinho only take a team that is ready to win. But I haven't seen Germans do that lately. Even Schuster built his Real Madrid team, and brought in major talent, and won La Liga (only to see it all pissed away when CR7 was brought in - CR7 hates the Dutch). What's he doing now? Chillin.

Otto Renhagel - he took a huge challenge and made a meal of it. What did he not do? Take over an established team.

I like managers like that. My favorite manager isn't German though. Guus Hiddink. The guy had a mind like a box of razorblades.

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
Hiddink reminded me of something

when he coached Australia their homebase was not Australia, rather he made them train in Europe. A smart move for many reasons. He only flew to Australia for the qualifiers and friendlys.

Klinsmann could probably pull this off. Germany wanted him there full time and he did not want to commit to that. But i think could easily take over a lesser footballing nation and dictate to them how the training schedule will be. Unless he goes into the MLS as the next Galaxy coach or something i don't see him being a club coach in Europe

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Hiddink reminded me of something

when he coached Australia their homebase was not Australia, rather he made them train in Europe. A smart move for many reasons. He only flew to Australia for the qualifiers and friendlys.

Klinsmann could probably pull this off. Germany wanted him there full time and he did not want to commit to that. But i think could easily take over a lesser footballing nation and dictate to them how the training schedule will be. Unless he goes into the MLS as the next Galaxy coach or something i don't see him being a club coach in Europe

That made sense when the WC was in Austria-Germany. By that logic, Klinsmann should consider moving training to Brazil.

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
he probably doesn't want to be beheaded

actually what i mean is life after the USMNT, if he should decide to coach another team overseas he could just tell the country "look we are training in the USA because im hot shit"

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
The US record in Costa Rica is 0-7-1

The new stadium might change things for the US though. Level of hostility there should be much less.

Welp, that ended just about how I thought it would...

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
Scores:

Costa Rica 3-1 USA
Mexico 1-2 Honduras

obviously the late omission to Bradley didn't help matters but i don't think he would have influenced the game any other way. The USA looked slow and lethargic. Those first 2 goals hurt and they never recovered after that.

At least Mexico lost at home too so second place is still there for the taking.

Also note that Altidore, Cameron and Besler wont play on Tuesday. Bradley looks doubtful too.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Scores:

Costa Rica 3-1 USA
Mexico 1-2 Honduras

obviously the late omission to Bradley didn't help matters but i don't think he would have influenced the game any other way. The USA looked slow and lethargic. Those first 2 goals hurt and they never recovered after that.

At least Mexico lost at home too so second place is still there for the taking.

Also note that Altidore, Cameron and Besler wont play on Tuesday. Bradley looks doubtful too.

The game was a joke. The US did come back and look good, but the defenders were so fucking terrible. Seriously, they should be shot dead. That's ho shit they were with their positioning. I was livid every time I saw them too far up the field. No sense of positioning at all. And these are supposed to be world class. They are only good enough for the MLS league of highschool has-beens.

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
might not be popular in saying this but i wish Howard was dropped in favor of Guzan

For the second goal Howard should have just run out and punched it away and with the 3rd goal he had what seemed like an eternity - i wanted him to charge Campbell and force him into a shot/error. Howard sits back on his line way too much.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
might not be popular in saying this but i wish Howard was dropped in favor of Guzan

For the second goal Howard should have just run out and punched it away and with the 3rd goal he had what seemed like an eternity - i wanted him to charge Campbell and force him into a shot/error. Howard sits back on his line way too much.

you're absolutely right. Absolutely.

Howard was a coward. He froze.

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder

Howard's reluctance to come off of his line was exposed in this game. He had a shocker of a game and should be dropped for USA's next game against Mexico.

As for England a draw against the Ukraine puts England under a hell of a lot of pressure to win both their remaining games. After that game, Ukraine host Poland, who they comfortably beat away from home 3-1, and travel to San Marino, who they just thrashed 9-0.

Ukraine almost certainly will get six points from their last two games. If they pick up a point against us on Tuesday then it's probable that Ukraine will finish with 21 points, and that'll mean England will have to win both their two remaining games, at home to Montenegro and Poland, to top the group.

It really wouldn't surprise me if a draw against Ukraine isn't good enough and England, one way or another, find themselves consigned to the playoffs to qualify for Brazil 2014.

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
i think England should go through without too much trouble. The only concern is Welbecks yellow - which was a joke

In other news Mexico fired their manager after the 2-1 defeat to Honduras at home

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
Ukraine 0 - England 0

should be trivial for England now with 2 games at home against Montenegro and Poland next month

CaseyTappy

Tung's Hair Stylist
Holland has qualified with still two matches to go, we have an unspectacular and inexperienced team lead by an megalomaniac nut-case of a coach so it could be fun .

All balls passed to Van Persie please !

My revelation of the tournament tip ..........................Belgium !