World Cup 2014 - Qualifiers

Naika

Street Hoop Star
yeah, Ghana dismantled the USA in 2010 quite easily (2-1 from memory), im sure that will be playing in their minds.

South Korea are solid in Asia but shouldn't pose a threat in this tournament. Belgium have a good path to proceed. Well deserved also.

no easy games for most teams. And there will be some top class matches in the group stages

England v Italy
Germany v Portugal
Spain v Holland (repeat of 2010 final)

Hell yes. The 2010 final repeat and Germany v Portugal are gonna be priority watching for us. :D

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
England are going to have a hard time of getting out of the group but sooner or later you are going to come up against the cream of the crop from Europe and South America in order to win the World Cup.

Bring on Brazil 2014!

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Russia definitely have a chance. I don't know about South Korea though, but Algeria will be anonymous. USA's draw is just full of trouble. Even Ghana pose a threat (watch Gyan make a trademark injury time screamer).

And Costa Rica won't go down without a fight. England's really really got a war on their hands. No amount of long ball's gonna save anyone from that group.

Algeria shouldn't even be a country.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
US got a pretty poor draw, but with the simulator about 50% of them were just brutal at any rate, so just have to get on with it.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Australia got royally shafted. Even Mexico's group looks brutal.

No one got shafted. I think its a fair draw. Its the world cup finals, if you want to be the best you have to beat the best. It would be unfair if all the best teams were in a couple of groups and the riff raff in the rest. For Australia i think it's better they play those teams. Imagine if by some miracle they beat or drew with Spain. What a headline that would be instead of say beating Hondurous or something.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
No one got shafted. I think its a fair draw. Its the world cup finals, if you want to be the best you have to beat the best. It would be unfair if all the best teams were in a couple of groups and the riff raff in the rest. For Australia i think it's better they play those teams. Imagine if by some miracle they beat or drew with Spain. What a headline that would be instead of say beating Hondurous or something.

In hindsight, that's very true Mot, and that's actually a very positive way to look at it (the headlines would be awesome). But of all the folks Australia could be grouped with, Spain is by far one of the toughest, and despite playing Honduras, let's not take anything away from any South American or Central American team; they've always got a goal in mind.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Colombia in the cup is a scary thing...I still have nightmares from 1990 after having a draw with Germany in Italy, Germany proceeded to win the cup undefeated, the only draw; Colombia. Of course the bastards got big headed (Iguita, malparido gonorrea de la mierda! Still my favorite Goalie ever) and lost against Cameroon shamefully. Then we have USA '94...oh man just went you thought it couldn't get any worse. My heart goes out to Alex and his family, one of the greatest gentlemen athletes I've ever seen in and out of the field. Not all is tears though Colombia hosted and won the America Cup in 2000, huge victory for me.

Here's for a good run.