Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 158

Thread: World Cup 2014 - Qualifiers

  1. #1
    Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
    lantus360's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kansas City, KS

    Posts
    1,620

    World Cup 2014 - Qualifiers

    one of the most entertaining days of regular WC qualifiers that i can recall. If you missed it :

    The Germans blew a 4-0 lead against Sweden. Final score 4-4. At home.

    The Spanish conceded their 1-0 lead against France in the 93rd minute and drew 1-1. At home.

    The Portuguese managed a 1-1 draw. Against Northern Ireland. At home.

    Guatemala is 1-0 against the USA in the 5th minute. A must win US game.

  2. #2
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге

    Posts
    51,516
    Totally missed it, but I heard that the USA beat Guatemala.

    The most amazing draw was Germany's. That's the kind of stuff that shows a problem is happening.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  3. #3
    lord of the coffee shop.
    fatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Dordt!

    Posts
    6,412
    Romania 1-4 Netherlands.
    Didn't think we would win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobak View Post
    Could somebody in Belgium walk over to the fence and yell at Ratson to come back here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Shroom View Post
    Games you can't play.
    Rugs you can't walk on.
    Welcome to the neo geo scene!

  4. #4
    Edo Express Delivery Guy

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Fernandeathland
    Posts
    349
    I watched many games yesterday.

    Brazil vs Japan (friendly match) - Brazil did a great job. Kaká is playing good again.
    Iran vs South Korea - I was impressed to see there was around 90k iranians at the stadium.
    Sweden vs germany - Incredible match.
    France vs Spain (only the last 15min) - Giroud did, in 2min, what Benzema was not able to do in 90min.
    USA vs Guatemala - USA did a good job against Guatemala.

  5. #5
    Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
    lantus360's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kansas City, KS

    Posts
    1,620
    I was watching France v Spain live yesterday while keeping check of the other games. France could easily have won. Spain looked a little lethargic i thought. Ramos's goal was a fluke really. Loris is an exceptional keeper.

    So i went back and watched Sweden v Germany replay. I'm convinced more than ever that Boateng and Badstuber shouldn't be playing at this level. It's not a "crisis" for Germany but they have some sorting out to do. On the flip side Zlatan was just brilliant.

  6. #6
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге

    Posts
    51,516
    Quote Originally Posted by lantus360 View Post
    I was watching France v Spain live yesterday while keeping check of the other games. France could easily have won. Spain looked a little lethargic i thought. Ramos's goal was a fluke really. Loris is an exceptional keeper.

    So i went back and watched Sweden v Germany replay. I'm convinced more than ever that Boateng and Badstuber shouldn't be playing at this level. It's not a "crisis" for Germany but they have some sorting out to do. On the flip side Zlatan was just brilliant.

    Lloris is a good goal keeper, but he will suffer after being sold to Tottenham. Tottenham has spelled the death of just about every player's international career.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  7. #7
    Galford's Armourer
    neoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    uk

    Posts
    473
    England drew with Poland .....how bad is that personally i blame the the goal keeper,Plonker,
    Germany drew the Sweden 4 - 4 ,need to see the highlights for this game at footytube.com

  8. #8
    War Room ONLY!
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Dead planet earth

    Posts
    97
    SHITTY MATCHES! NOTHING SPECIAL AND NEW!

  9. #9
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге

    Posts
    51,516
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  10. #10
    lord of the coffee shop.
    fatson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Dordt!

    Posts
    6,412
    Quote Originally Posted by Xander Crews View Post
    Lol, we refer to him as The Man of Glass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobak View Post
    Could somebody in Belgium walk over to the fence and yell at Ratson to come back here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Shroom View Post
    Games you can't play.
    Rugs you can't walk on.
    Welcome to the neo geo scene!

  11. #11
    The Mad Jock. IDCHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland

    Posts
    3,403
    We're doing shite again

  12. #12
    Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
    lantus360's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kansas City, KS

    Posts
    1,620
    Luiz Felipe Scolari set to be appointed new Brazil coach

  13. #13
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге

    Posts
    51,516
    Quote Originally Posted by lantus360 View Post
    Luiz Felipe Scolari set to be appointed new Brazil coach
    I saw this coming over the summer. Brazil wants to have the best chance of winning 2014 - I think their best chance would be hiring Hiddink, but they always go for homegrown.

    Brazil has talent at every position, but the fact is that the talent is all spread out on shitty teams owned by shitty people in other continents. We don't expect Kaka or Dani Alves to play in the next WC, but guys who are the future of the seleção, like Uvini, Lucas, Neymar, Oscar (who is only decent, not going to be a starter), and Damiao should be training together, as well as playing as much internationally. Once it was better to play in Europe, but I think the latin american leagues are better than before, and playing Argentina, Colombia, and Uruguay will be more useful on the road to the WC than playing a France in complete shambles, or a fragile Netherlands wrapped in bubblewrap, or the implosive English. Basically - I don't think a European national is taking the next WC trophy. And if Brazil wants to take it, they need to build a squad that has chemistry - not brand name recognition. So guys like Oscar, leave him off the team. Kaka? Useless. David Luiz? A miscarriage of futebol. Euro team players who I would consider for the Seleção are Ramires, Thiago Silva, Marquinhos, can't think of others.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  14. #14
    Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
    lantus360's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kansas City, KS

    Posts
    1,620
    great post.

    Hiring Scolari is their best chance but its also a huge gamble. You are right, they wont ever hire an outsider. 5 world cups with 5 brazilian coaches is what they always respond with.

    I agree pretty much except with hiring Hiddink. Sure he was a messiah of sorts for Sth Korea and Australia but both those teams needed a high profile coach like him. It pains me to admit it as an Australian born but the national team couldnt even complete 3-4 passes together. Australia, before it knew how to play football ,tried to use physicality to win the ball and were usually punished on the counter. Hiddink is a master at discipline and possession and he drilled this style into them and it paid off (if you consider knocked out of the round of 16 by a dubious penalty from Italy (Totti) a success). At Russia and more recently at Turkey he wasn't so hot.

    Back to Brazil, this is 2012. Theres really no place for the Joga Bonito style of play anymore. Any worthy opponent will smash that game to pieces

    Oh and Id probably include Marcello in the squad if he's fit. Adriano and Hulk will be in there also.

  15. #15
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге

    Posts
    51,516
    Quote Originally Posted by lantus360 View Post
    great post.

    Hiring Scolari is their best chance but its also a huge gamble. You are right, they wont ever hire an outsider. 5 world cups with 5 brazilian coaches is what they always respond with.

    I agree pretty much except with hiring Hiddink. Sure he was a messiah of sorts for Sth Korea and Australia but both those teams needed a high profile coach like him. It pains me to admit it as an Australian born but the national team couldnt even complete 3-4 passes together. Australia, before it knew how to play football ,tried to use physicality to win the ball and were usually punished on the counter. Hiddink is a master at discipline and possession and he drilled this style into them and it paid off (if you consider knocked out of the round of 16 by a dubious penalty from Italy (Totti) a success). At Russia and more recently at Turkey he wasn't so hot.

    Back to Brazil, this is 2012. Theres really no place for the Joga Bonito style of play anymore. Any worthy opponent will smash that game to pieces

    Oh and Id probably include Marcello in the squad if he's fit. Adriano and Hulk will be in there also.
    I thought Hiddink made Russia the dark horse team of Euro 2008. I don't know why wasn't able to do more for Australia, but ou gotta admit that most of the talent was on the wrong side of 30 (Kewell, Cahill, Schwarzer). Right now, the most talented player on the team is Wilkshire, and he's not young anymore either. But the question really could be whether Hiddink was never great, but that Italy was robbed? I remember Totti furious at the loss to the Koreans. I have watched Totti play, probably more than anyone here, as a Roma fan, and he has always kept his cool. He's the epitome of professionalism. But in that game he looked like he was ready to grab a folding chair and break it over the ref's head.

    Totally forgot about Marcello. That guy is a good workhorse player. He's Mourinho's type - plays dirty when you need him to, but otherwise technically sound. He would have fit great at Inter Milan.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  16. #16
    Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
    lantus360's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kansas City, KS

    Posts
    1,620
    Nah im talking about Australia v Italy in the 2006 WC (knockout game - Totti took the penalty)

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_FI...econd_round.29

    Sth Korea v Italy in WC2002 was a disgrace of a match (Totti was sent off). The italians were cheated out of the match. I don't think anyone can disagree, well except for Sth Korea. I felt bad for them and i never feel bad for italy

  17. #17
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге

    Posts
    51,516
    Quote Originally Posted by lantus360 View Post
    Nah im talking about Australia v Italy in the 2006 WC (knockout game - Totti took the penalty)

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_FI...econd_round.29

    Sth Korea v Italy in WC2002 was a disgrace of a match (Totti was sent off). The italians were cheated out of the match. I don't think anyone can disagree, well except for Sth Korea. I felt bad for them and i never feel bad for italy
    Totally forgot about Bresciano. That guy was a decent player.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  18. #18
    Who?
    Atro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Game Room.

    Posts
    8,318
    Spain and Portugal were almost very armed against them. So was Turkey against Brasil.

    Certainly, you'll never see a World Cup in Asia again. ( at least in two different countries at the same time ).

  19. #19
    The Mad Jock. IDCHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland

    Posts
    3,403
    Next round of these qualifiers are coming up again soon.
    I hope Scotland can beat Wales to at least get some pride back :-(

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Ludhiana

    Posts
    3
    Guatemala is 1-0 against the USA in the 5th minute. A must win US game.

    it is very interesting match.. i saw this match...Heart break match.

  21. #21
    Windjammers Wonder
    ViolentStorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    London

    Posts
    1,383
    Sometimes I wonder if Scotland will ever manage to qualify for a major tournament again?

  22. #22
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге

    Posts
    51,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoffry View Post
    Guatemala is 1-0 against the USA in the 5th minute. A must win US game.

    it is very interesting match.. i saw this match...Heart break match.
    yeah. it ended 1-1 last year... You're watching a replay.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

  23. #23
    Mr. Big's Thug
    Slugger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Finland

    Posts
    212
    A few days ago Spain-Finland 1-1. Yeah we got lucky!

  24. #24
    Windjammers Wonder
    ViolentStorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    London

    Posts
    1,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
    A few days ago Spain-Finland 1-1. Yeah we got lucky!
    Now Spain have at all to do in Paris as they are two point's behind France in the table

  25. #25
    Master Cylinder Evil Wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2066
    Location
    В Санкт Петербурге

    Posts
    51,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
    A few days ago Spain-Finland 1-1. Yeah we got lucky!
    pretty nuts man. Congrats to Finland on that win. And a WCQ game no less.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

    Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •