Neo Geo X wish list

KBneospy

Marked Wolf
I thought, that now this thing is shaping into a very impressive finished product. It would be good to have something more specific in mind.
What are the things you want to see with this, games accessories etc? To start off:

I'd like to see some recent SNKP games ported, such as KOF 13, as well as some new original games in neo geo style graphics.

A retro carrying case for the whole unit and a joystick kind of like the original AES system had.
AES style memory cards anyone? OK that might be hoping too much, but a game card case that looks like that would be cool

I still would love to see shock box cases rather than blister packs for games.

Neo CD game pad?

KBneospy

Marked Wolf
Oh it's really great I'm sure, but some of these things have already been hinted at on the NGX website already. Such as exclusive games, I'm sure they would like to gauge interest. I'd like to see how far things can go, I've been impressed by what I've seen, and the developers are always looking to improve. Besides, I want a tshirt!

Liq_Wurm

Krauser's Henchman
I want it to be in every electronics store in Canada.
also
WIFI or Bluetooth integration for multiplayer support, and worldwide (or region based) high score rankings so we can see who is the best.

and a t-shirt

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
wishlist?
it's a neo geo emulator...

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Let's hope the screen isn't as susceptible to scratches as the PSP was. Otherwise a screen protector would be a near mandatory accessory.

bojay1997

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Oh it's really great I'm sure, but some of these things have already been hinted at on the NGX website already. Such as exclusive games, I'm sure they would like to gauge interest. I'd like to see how far things can go, I've been impressed by what I've seen, and the developers are always looking to improve. Besides, I want a tshirt!

Sorry, but the NCX website implied nothing of the sort. They don't have the financial or personnel resources to develop new games or port non-AES games. The only thing we may see if this thing sells reasonably well is more games already available on other platforms like PS3 and Wii released for this system either legally or illegally.

KBneospy

Marked Wolf
What is the plan on allowing customers to play additional NEOGEO games beyond the 20. The plan is to release other games that will be exclusive to the NEOGEO X format.

Copied directly from NGX website FAQ.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Exclusive...lol, I hope it's actual Neo games and not new games from developers like Le Cortex.

I think the "exclusive" they speak of might be compared the NGX to other consoles and not MVS/AES. Like, "Oh wow, bang bead US" or Bust-a-Move.

If it's hackable which I wouldn't doubt it is, then people will love it more for that.

I wouldn't mind owning one but looking at the photos it really shows the low quality of the build. It just screams cheaply made product. I hope whoever buys this gets an extended warranty. I see these breaking in no time, especially the buttons and "stick".

Mai_Lover

Dodgeball Yakuza
I would like a t-shirt, boxed games, pink-lined carrying case, memory cards, bigger badder better advertising, instant boot-up after inserting game card and powering on, EVERY Neo Geo game as well as home brew titles, brand new games dedicated to the NGX, and world peace. More suggestions are sure to follow.

Mr. Zurkon

Zero's Secretary
I would like a t-shirt, boxed games, pink-lined carrying case, memory cards, bigger badder better advertising, instant boot-up after inserting game card and powering on, EVERY Neo Geo game as well as home brew titles, brand new games dedicated to the NGX, and world peace. More suggestions are sure to follow.

THIS

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Wish List?

- Last Blade 2
- Metal Slug X
- Metal Slug 3
- Shock Troopers
- Waku Waku 7
- Garou MOTW
- Windjammers
- Super Dodge Ball
- King of Fighters 99
- Gun Lord

KBneospy

Marked Wolf
Wish List?

- Last Blade 2
- Metal Slug X
- Metal Slug 3
- Shock Troopers
- Waku Waku 7
- Garou MOTW
- Windjammers
- Super Dodge Ball
- King of Fighters 99
- Gun Lord
Good list, I'll add Matrimelee and maybe the sequel could be ported.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Do we know the specs on this yet. I'm assuming that this will be a modern machine using emulators, even the least of these is similar to dreamcast capability now.

You're assuming wrong. Basically everything can emulate a neo geo these days, even the DS (not 3DS) does a somewhat decent job at it. Also Taito Type X2 hardware emulation plays in a whole different league. XIII wouldn't run a dreamcast/NAOMI, at least not with the same speed and animations.

Last edited:

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
I hope the whole library of games from the neo get released, inc third party releases too, wonder if SNK vs Capcom will get the go ahead.

KBneospy

Marked Wolf
I was wrong, better than I thought it has a much faster processor than PSP and a lot more ram this thing should do modern games pretty well.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I'd like to see neo geo pocket games get a re-release on NGX.

That makes more sense than others since it is just emulation anyways. Shit, if they can find a way to have the MVS/AES versions with some of the arranged CD soundtracks, even better.

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
A retro carrying case for the whole unit and a joystick kind of like the original AES system had.

Thank you for this post that gave me an idea. I was planning on making a carrying case for mine but until now I had no idea what I was going to do.

KBneospy

Marked Wolf
Thank you for this post that gave me an idea. I was planning on making a carrying case for mine but until now I had no idea what I was going to do.

If you do make one, post pics, I travel a lot and would rather play on the hotel TV than with a portable, so I have been trying to get a nice hard case or soft case for a cmvs but with the neo geo x coming it might make for a better travel unit and leave the rest of the arcade at home.

Coligion

n00b
Aside from hoping the system turns out decent, I'm mainly just wishing for it to get better games released. I'm not too jazzed about the current lineup...

Games like Twinkle Star Sprites, Windjammers, Pulstar, and Neo Turf Masters would be excellent.