Console specific "I finished today" thread

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I like this thread... whish some more people would share their stuff.

So here I go for another *meh* xsq post no one really reads...

Region mod your Megadrive?
yup, just that. Plus, while I was in there, I also did the "line out" mod. I bought a PAL MD for pretty cheap (EUR 17.50 shipped) in may last year and cleaned it (had arrived dirty, rusted and scratched up as hell), but just got around to make it play in glorious 60hz and with crystal clear stereo. Over all, I'm happy with the result. This is a "high definition graphics - stereo sound" model, of course.

Spoiler:
[region mod]
dM8VSnm.jpg
x7jqU4K.jpg

[line out mod]
H8kkFRn.jpg
kljKcDm.jpg

[cable management + mediocre casework]
9h93K44.jpg
xhQ28h6.jpg

The cut out and screws for the region switch actually look worse in this pic than they do IRL... I couldn't find any black screws to mount it, so I spray painted these... it's alright and they don't stand out as much as if I left them in chrome. Plus you don't really notice the mod anyway (as is customary I put the switch on the bottom front left corner).

Since I'm already posting shitty pics of even shittier work, there's something else I finished recently. About half a year ago I made a "remote volume control" for our tv/movie/gaming setup in the living room, as the sound is handled by two PC speakers (so only stereo, Creative GigaWorks T40 Series II) that naturally didn't come with a remote and it can be annoying to have to get up from the couch every time you want to adjust the volume.

When I say "remote control" that is an exaggeration though, as it is just two connectors with a potentiometer, a switch (to mute) and some wire in between, housed inside two project boxes.

The one I built a year ago was made with the wrong wire (6 strands instead of 4) and I noticed we never use the mute switch, so I put together an "improved" version with less clutter... same tech, works just as well for our needs [and was cheap to build: ca. EUR 15 for V1 and ca. EUR 9 for V2].

Spoiler:
[V1]
sAKw8Np.jpg

[V2]
z86IID2.jpg

(The images will likely be scaled by the forums, so if you want to enlarge them do the "old left click"+"view image" or sth... the project boxes are 4x4x2cm, wire length is ca. 295cm for V1 and ca. 310cm for V2.)