In the Hunt, shout out

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Well it should look like metal slug as seeing it was made by some of the same team. They also made gun force II which looks like metal slug 0

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Well it should look like metal slug as seeing it was made by some of the same team. They also made gun force II which looks like metal slug 0

and a dozen other grungy ass looking Irem games.

Last edited:

Acromite53

n00b
This is a really fun one. I played the arcade cab at a convention last summer with a friend. The animation is what reminded me of metal slug. I can't think of many submarine shoot em ups besides this and Sqoon.

AlexKidd86

Overtop Pathfinder
I enjoyed this game for Saturn. Got it cheap without knowing about it and was pleased to discover it was made by the same team as Metal Slug. Too bad I don't have a Saturn anymore. Might have to check out that Psx version.

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
I enjoyed this game for Saturn. Got it cheap without knowing about it and was pleased to discover it was made by the same team as Metal Slug. Too bad I don't have a Saturn anymore. Might have to check out that Psx version.

PSX version is actually better, has less slow down than the Saturn version.

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza
Speaking of Irem...Undercover Cops is one of my all-time favorite beat'em ups.

s. k. technique

Kuroko's Training Dummy
15 Year Member
Same here, I love the first boss and the whole terminator influence complete with crusher. I also like Bubba's skull crack move, very satisfying....according to wiki the JPN release has extra moves compared to the other versions??

In the Hunt is great, the little animations really make look polished. Spare a thought for us in PAL land, the Saturn version here is even slower as it runs (from memory) un-optimised in 50hz!

Roge_NES

n00b
Loved this game, I still have the PS1 port and re played it when my XRGB Mini arrived, boy I was rusty, ended up finishing it with 8 credits, I used to beat it with 1 Credit years ago.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Biggest difference between MS and ITH is of course the hardware. Hunt runs in 60fps and that PCB is somekind more powerful than Neo.

More powerful? Based on what? Those 286 rip off cpu's ?
Also, it runs audio from a far weaker YM2151. the 2610 crushes it like a little bug.
Having the ability to run higher resolutions doesn't make it more powerful. Even the Snes has more resolution than the Neo. Look at how stronger it is :keke:

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
I can't believe you lost most of your time to tell what everyone else knows. :rolleyes:

Every hardware has its flaws. And if that M92 was engineered quite right, Irem wouldn't need to revise their hardware for every game they put out. Are you telling us that a Neo wouldn't be enough to pull a Gunforce 2? o_O

Last Resort slowdown has nothing to do with power.
Same goes with Metal Slug 2. X is basically your answer.

And yes, everyone knows that the CPS2 is more powerful than the AES/MVS. Mentioning it alone is already unnecessary. You were comparing an M92 and a Neo, not a CPS2.

And btw... the Snes can do 512 pixels x 448 pixels.

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
Love this game. Had it on Saturn. Wish they'd port to PS4/Vita