Dead or Alive 5 Thread

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
I'm surprised no one started a thread about this already. I'll be picking my copy up today on the PS3. Anyone else excited about this or have impressions if you've already played it?

PSN ID: JedahDoma

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
yeah but the title of that other thread is lame.

this one's much better.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
I pre-ordered Xbox 360 collector edition but GS guy gave me PS3 version, which I didn't know until I got home last night. I checked all the stores and CE version is OOS everywhere. I guess I'll have to purchase either regular version or JPN CE.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
I pre-ordered Xbox 360 collector edition but GS guy gave me PS3 version, which I didn't know until I got home last night. I checked all the stores and CE version is OOS everywhere. I guess I'll have to purchase either regular version or JPN CE.

I was surprised how truly limited the collector's edition was. They didn't even get enough copies at my store to cover the pre-orders. Odd as anything "limited" or "collector's" these days usually just means "another edition we'll shove out 50,000 copies of just to get t3h moniez".

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
I was surprised how truly limited the collector's edition was. They didn't even get enough copies at my store to cover the pre-orders. Odd as anything "limited" or "collector's" these days usually just means "another edition we'll shove out 50,000 copies of just to get t3h moniez".

That's very strange. You are right, I still see Ninja Gaiden 3 CE, Tekken x SF, Soul Calibur 5 and etc.. in the store but I'm surprised DOA5 CE (both PS3/Xbox) were all sold out.............

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
That's very strange. You are right, I still see Ninja Gaiden 3 CE, Tekken x SF, Soul Calibur 5 and etc.. in the store but I'm surprised DOA5 CE (both PS3/Xbox) were all sold out.............

You might try calling your local Gamestops tomorrow a little after opening to find a 360 CE seeing as employees are only supposed to hold back pre-orders for 48 hours. Though depending on who you get they may be dicks about it and not release it for general sale. That or they are friends with the person who pre-ordered it and know they will be coming in later this week. I'll look around my area and see what I can scrounge up. If you can't find one let me know and if I get my hands on one I'll ship it your way.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
You might try calling your local Gamestops tomorrow a little after opening to find a 360 CE seeing as employees are only supposed to hold back pre-orders for 48 hours. Though depending on who you get they may be dicks about it and not release it for general sale. That or they are friends with the person who pre-ordered it and know they will be coming in later this week. I'll look around my area and see what I can scrounge up. If you can't find one let me know and if I get my hands on one I'll ship it your way.

Cool!!!!

Please let me know if you find anything.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Cool!!!!

Please let me know if you find anything.

Alright I called around. There is one place I talked with one of the employees who told me they have one copy of the CE for the 360 left but it's of course being held back for a pre-order. He said if the guy doesn't come pick it up by tonight I could pick it up tomorrow. I'll call up at a little after 10. If it's still there I'll hold it back and pick it up.

I'll let you know how it all goes down tomorrow.

Last edited:

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Alright I called around. There is one place I talked with one of the employees who told me they have one copy of the CE for the 360 left but it's of course being held back for a pre-order. He said if the guy doesn't come pick it up by tonight I could pick it up tomorrow. I'll call up at a little after 10. If it's still there I'll hold it back and pick it up.

I'll let you know how it all goes down tomorrow.

Sure. Please let me know.

matrimelee

Hardened Shock Trooper
It's actually a pretty nice LE, I picked up the PS3 version. The art book is decent, has notes from the developer on various things about the characters. The soundtrack is good. The tin is probably the least exciting part. I usually wind up emptying the contents and using them for something else, though.

I'm very happy with the game. I played it the entire night, last night. I even hopped online for a couple of rounds. Story mode is fairly interesting... You should know how to play when you finish, it'll take a while. As of now I only have one more character to unlock, which is the end boss. Apparently that one will take a while.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
It's actually a pretty nice LE, I picked up the PS3 version. The art book is decent, has notes from the developer on various things about the characters. The soundtrack is good. The tin is probably the least exciting part. I usually wind up emptying the contents and using them for something else, though.

I'm very happy with the game. I played it the entire night, last night. I even hopped online for a couple of rounds. Story mode is fairly interesting... You should know how to play when you finish, it'll take a while. As of now I only have one more character to unlock, which is the end boss. Apparently that one will take a while.

Yea those tins bother me. Now matter how well you take care of them, somehow they always look beat to shit within a year. I haven't really taken it online yet. Now am I correct in the understanding that you can play tag team online with 4 players (2 vs 2 players)?

BTW: What's your PSN ID?

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Sure. Please let me know.

Mini update: Called the store and asked if they still had the game. The employee said they did, but seeing as this was a pre-order for a CE he didn't want to sell it out from under the guy without giving him a chance to pick it up. He's going to call the guy today and see if he's coming in to pick it up. I could have been an ass and pushed the whole 48 hour technicality but I knew that wouldn't get me anywhere. I gave him my phone number and ask that he call me once he found out. I'll let you know once I hear back.

On the subject of the game, how is the online netcode running for everyone?

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Mini update: Called the store and asked if they still had the game. The employee said they did, but seeing as this was a pre-order for a CE he didn't want to sell it out from under the guy without giving him a chance to pick it up. He's going to call the guy today and see if he's coming in to pick it up. I could have been an ass and pushed the whole 48 hour technicality but I knew that wouldn't get me anywhere. I gave him my phone number and ask that he call me once he found out. I'll let you know once I hear back.

On the subject of the game, how is the online netcode running for everyone?

Many thanks!!!

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Well to update (sorry for the lateness), the guy did end up picking up the CE copy.

But on the subject of DOA 5, anyone still playing?

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I still do with my friends, and enjoying it. I've been using Kokoro and Kasumi.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
PSN ID: Alucard-XII

Not sure we would get a good connection though.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
A new patch with minor fixes, including a toned-down holds rate while playing against the CPU in harder difficulties:

http://cyberfanatix.com/2012/10/15/dead-or-alive-5-netcode-and-balance-patch-released/

Not sure if this was clearly explained in the tutorials, but in every character's move list, there is a move marked as "Critical Blow". If you use it in the middle of a combo while the "critical stun" writing is flashing red, the opponent will be completely stunned. During this state, he or she will be:

- Unable to use holds
- Less prone to being knocked down, giving you a chance for longer combos

I find it fun to try to come up with different combos that lead to the red critical stun situation (using on the same combo would make you predictable and prone to holds), and finding the optimum combo to use after a critical blow.

Im loving the fact that i can play sarah in a different game other than VF5. This is the first DOA game i've ever played.