New NEOGEO game: "NEO XYX" NG: DEV.TEAM 2013

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
I understand your point but I do not agree.
There's a general limit to all the people, I mean a common limit.

I usually tend to draw a line in the minimum payment most countries have.
When you reach 60% of that for just a single game, I believe this is to much.

And I'm not even talking about the minimum here in Brazil I'm talking about the general payment on most industrialized countries.
To be honest, if you look on this forum this is a common complain. That means this doesn't only affect on 3rd world countries but the so called first world too.

I don't want to enter into a cultural debate here just to point out that 400 euros for a car is low but it's too much for a game.

With all due respect, you don't have the slightest clue as to what is involved for NG: DEV to produce these games and run their business. It's not a charity. They need to put food on their tables too. There is months and months of work involved and a very limited market for these games. It's not ridiculous at all really.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I understand your point but I do not agree.
There's a general limit to all the people, I mean a common limit.

I usually tend to draw a line in the minimum payment most countries have.
When you reach 60% of that for just a single game, I believe this is to much.

And I'm not even talking about the minimum here in Brazil I'm talking about the general payment on most industrialized countries.
To be honest, if you look on this forum this is a common complain. That means this doesn't only affect on 3rd world countries but the so called first world too.

I don't want to enter into a cultural debate here just to point out that 400 euros for a car is low but it's too much for a game.

This is an indie game for a hobbyist console. Pricing schemes don't really have any bearing on this. I know what you mean, but the Neo Geo hobby isn't cheap. The fact of the matter is, at 400 Euro, they'll sell every single copy available. So whatever you, me or anyone else thinks of the price, it really doesn't matter. It is what it is, and every single one of these is going to sell.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
If they can sell a 100 units of their other games then 70 should be no problem. I'd buy one but I'm out of money.

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
I don't see any reason to talk about the price again. We go over this every release.

If you don't like the MVS price, wait for the dreamcast release. It's as simple as that.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I don't see any reason to talk about the price again. We go over this every release.

If you don't like the MVS price, wait for the dreamcast release. It's as simple as that.

Im going to stick my neck out here and say NEO XYX is only going to be available on the Neo Geo. After all it has "NEO" in the title. NEO XYX for Dreamcast would have to be DREAMCAST XYX no?

@Alaska-

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member

Perfect.

But you don't buy Renault Clio or whatever other city car you could think of, for the price of BMW 3 Series.

Of course everyone complaining about the price should know DC version is behind the corner and they should buy that ... :buttrock:

pipes

But you don't buy Renault Clio or whatever other city car you could think of, for the price of BMW 3 series series

As was stated before, those rules don't apply here. That $60,000 Renault Clio is going to sell out.

@Alaska-

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
As was stated before, those rules don't apply here. That $60,000 Renault Clio is going to sell out.
yes it is, but you re talking about collectors,
because players wont buy it,
(Neo version, of course, since the DC version would be pretty accessible every ones who like the game should support)

hey i 'm not saying the price is too high or stuff, maybe they can barely reach the break-even for what i know...
but i hope flash cart would be out pretty soon, because they're perfect for this kind of stuff

Last edited:

gegrago

Mr. Big's Thug
Wow! interesting. yesterday I was looking at the announcement date of the previous games (fast striker, gunlord) but was too lazy to post about the feeling of a new release. good to know that a new game is tangible now. Amazing graphics and music so far; I would pass on the mvs and save that for the next one (hopefully a brawler), but would get the dc version when available.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The next one is an Ikari Warriors type game, they've said it publicly a while back. This is the game they only hinted about as "another" game.

gegrago

Mr. Big's Thug
Ah yes, Now I remember this being the "another" game. Ikarish clone would work for me!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Forgot to ask but how is XYX pronounced?

Ziks
Six
Zykes
Sykes
Sis
Zies
????

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
The next one is an Ikari Warriors type game, they've said it publicly a while back. This is the game they only hinted about as "another" game.

That would be very cool. Can't wait to see that.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
I assumed XYX might be a working title name?

NG Dev Team : Tell me there is going to be a Fast Striker and Last Hope reprint in MVS so I can get all your shooters on the Neo?

Last edited:

Ukyo

20 Year Member
loving the shit out of this logo, and the "bobcat? bomb". count me in; more parallax!

the ship design is pretty original too.

nx_shop_500x.jpg

mahesak

Morden's Lackey
:) I will pre-order for AES version. It will have both English and Japanese as same? I would like to collect both version ;)

Punisher5.0

Cheng's Errand Boy
Looks awesome!

I'm also going to wait for the AES release. It'll give me some to time to enjoy Gunlord and Faststriker.

Fandangos

Hardened Shock Trooper
With all due respect, you don't have the slightest clue as to what is involved for NG: DEV to produce these games and run their business. It's not a charity. They need to put food on their tables too. There is months and months of work involved and a very limited market for these games. It's not ridiculous at all really.

That makes sense because all the difference would be related to MVS/AES PCB only.
The soundtrack, graphics, story so on are the same.
If the software is the same on a Dreamcast release and the NeoGeo release and yes it is, you already payed for the most expensive part, I mean, the development of the game.

So you add all the difference from $50 to 400 euros exclusively to the MVS/AES format.
Everything to the design the PCB and parts.
Just taking Gunlord prices as an example above.

This is an indie game for a hobbyist console. Pricing schemes don't really have any bearing on this. I know what you mean, but the Neo Geo hobby isn't cheap. The fact of the matter is, at 400 Euro, they'll sell every single copy available. So whatever you, me or anyone else thinks of the price, it really doesn't matter. It is what it is, and every single one of these is going to sell.

To me, it's much more cleaver to sell 300 copies at 200 euros than 50 at 400.
But yeah, we both understand each other, it will sell.

Last edited:

pipes

I don't think throwing random numbers around is clever at all. You have no basis for those figures. I think you should just leave the clever bits for NG: DEV to sort out.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member

People would still whinge if it was $200. It would probably be hard to move more than 100 copies in a reasnoble amount of time anyway. Im sure NGBIGSMILEYDEV are not stupid, if they knew there was a better way to make money from this they would do it. There was about 75 copies of GUNLORD LE MVS for sale and it took close to a year just to sell those. If your willing to pay $200 for a game you'll likely have no problem with $400 anyway.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The graphics are cool, I think the only thing I wish is changed is the way enemies die. I don't like the sparkles and sometimes I noticed the sparkles don't show so you just see the enemy disappear when they die. I love when there is shrapnel when a enemy is destroyed.