New NEOGEO game: "NEO XYX" NG: DEV.TEAM 2013

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
Care to elaborate? :D

I was told to expect the next preorder within the next two months, for a "run n gun" game. The game after that, a shooter "version X", possibly by the end of the year.

How do you update NGDev carts? where do you download the updated files?

Thanks!!

You update them by having the cart plugged into the AES via an MVS->AES converter that is able to play the game, (which is how I updated all of mine), or by sticking the game into an MVS/CMVS with the console/MVS turned on, then connect the cart via an usb-->mini usb cable to your PC, and use their update software using Windows XP-Vista or Win7.

Their updates can only be found by asking them for an update for a cart you bought from them, and they provide you the links for each update for the cart you have specifically.
Your Welcome. ;)

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
a "run n gun" game.
Nuff said. Great newz.

You update them by having the cart plugged into the AES via an MVS->AES converter that is able to play the game, (which is how I updated all of mine), or by sticking the game into an MVS/CMVS with the console/MVS turned on, then connect the cart via an usb-->mini usb cable to your PC, and use their update software using Windows XP-Vista or Win7.

Their updates can only be found by asking them for an update for a cart you bought from them, and they provide you the links for each update for the cart you have specifically.
Your Welcome. ;)
Thanks for the info, fakk2. It sucks that the updating software is Windows-only, but what can I do. It think the USB cable should be included...it's not like these carts are cheap :D Any updates for Razion so far?

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I was told to expect the next preorder within the next two months, for a "run n gun" game. The game after that, a shooter "version X", possibly by the end of the year.

Oh wow, need to be saving then huh?

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
At least you're not the only one. My Neo XYX MVS cart has been updated to the newest revision (v1.3), and for the god damn life of me, I cannot get it to boot up in my 6 slot big red cab.

That's strange.. I have had consistent issues with my four slot where certain games don't want to boot in certain slots when certain other games are in certain other slots, and I have to shift things around till everything works. But that's mainly with SNK official releases, I haven't had these issues with the NGDEV games at all. Maybe it's a power supply issue, considering the size of the 6 slot and the strange hardware architecture of NGDEV games.

Do you have a Unibios? My 4 slot does not. I've noticed that the NGDEV games are more consistent running in my 1 slot with a US bios than in my CMVS with a Unibios.

Sick news about the run'n'gun btw! Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited:

Fakk2

Nuff said. Great newz.

Thanks for the info, fakk2. It sucks that the updating software is Windows-only, but what can I do. It think the USB cable should be included...it's not like these carts are cheap :D Any updates for Razion so far?

No probs, I also wish that the update was not winblows only, as I use my Mac a lot these days. As for updates for Razion, the Razion 1.1 is in the works, but as of now is still not a public beta.

Nothing yet. Perhaps they made some improvements with their beta-testing department.

Not sure, but they are working on updating the game right now privately, and the update should be ready in a few weeks.

That's strange.. I have had consistent issues with my four slot where certain games don't want to boot in certain slots when certain other games are in certain other slots, and I have to shift things around till everything works. But that's mainly with SNK official releases, I haven't had these issues with the NGDEV games at all. Maybe it's a power supply issue, considering the size of the 6 slot and the strange hardware architecture of NGDEV games.

Do you have a Unibios? My 4 slot does not. I've noticed that the NGDEV games are more consistent running in my 1 slot with a US bios than in my CMVS with a Unibios.

Sick news about the run'n'gun btw! Thanks for the heads up.

I only own a UniBios in my AES for now, the MVS Cab I own is 100% original, and I was doing tests with the newest UniBios using a friends Neo-Geo, which is nice considering you need a UniBios for Razion 1.0 to work properly on a converter for the AES console.

You're welcome for the heads up.

Last edited:

Fakk2

Have any updates for the MVS been released?

For Neo Zaikusu (Neo XYX), the final update version 1.3 is available for people that ask for it from the NGDevTeam. They will provide you a link to the update. The Final update is absolutely amazing, and adds just about EVERYTHING I ever wanted from the game when I was playing it as version 1.0. If you have anything less than version 1.3, then I would heavily suggest you update your MVS cart to the last version. You can tell what version you have at the title screen when you start the game. It will appear in the bottom right corner just before the title screen disappears to show you a demo of the game running. IF no version appears at all, then you are running version 1.0, otherwise it will state 1.1, 1.2 or 1.3.

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
For Neo Zaikusu (Neo XYX), the final update version 1.3 is available for people that ask for it from the NGDevTeam. They will provide you a link to the update. The Final update is absolutely amazing, and adds just about EVERYTHING I ever wanted from the game when I was playing it as version 1.0. If you have anything less than version 1.3, then I would heavily suggest you update your MVS cart to the last version. You can tell what version you have at the title screen when you start the game. It will appear in the bottom right corner just before the title screen disappears to show you a demo of the game running. IF no version appears at all, then you are running version 1.0, otherwise it will state 1.1, 1.2 or 1.3.

Can you be more specific about what they added in 1.3 that you wanted from the game? Curious minds want to know.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Can you be more specific about what they added in 1.3 that you wanted from the game? Curious minds want to know.

Yeah, what exactly does 'everything' mean?

Edit:

Just realized I have this already......since last May. Nothing new here folks!

v1.3

- Added "Easy/training" mode (no score saving)
- Reduced boss safespots (S1,S3,S4,S5)
- Remaining lives bonus at game end
- Added DIP setting for "training mode", can be disabled for coin-op
- Improved CMVS / AES mode support (force "TATE" with holding 'A' button on startup)

------------------------

v1.2

- Normalized diagonal controls (to select old controls hold 'D' button on startup)
- Improved CMVS / AES mode support (add credits with select button)

------------------------

v1.1

- Bug fixes
- Improved CMVS / AES mode support (reads DIP settings on a CMVS set to AES mode)

Last edited:

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Have they said yet why they wont do any reprints of this?

I am certain that they will. Don't expect it to be for a while though. I think reprints of Gunlord and Pink Bullets are on the way, but you may have to wait till next round, most likely whenever the game following Kraut Buster is released.

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
v1.3

- Added "Easy/training" mode (no score saving)
- Reduced boss safespots (S1,S3,S4,S5)
- Remaining lives bonus at game end
- Added DIP setting for "training mode", can be disabled for coin-op
- Improved CMVS / AES mode support (force "TATE" with holding 'A' button on startup)

Tate mode alone is definitely a worthwhile update.

Have they said yet why they wont do any reprints of this?

Quote from their Facebook page: "Sorry all versions of NEO XYX are discontinued. We will explain this later this year."

I'm hoping that maybe they're going to do a major 2.0 update or something along those lines.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
I'm hoping that maybe they're going to do a major 2.0 update or something along those lines.

Judging by how they've done things up to this point...don't hold your breath. Once DC/AES versions have been released, that's it for updates.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I have to say I've been enjoying this game a whole lot, love the OST, love the presentation, the ship speed is a mix but I still love the game. To me this game and Gunlord are the best they've done.

Fakk2

Well, I was on 1.0 when playing my MVS cart. So there were so many things I was asking them for in an update, and I was completely unaware of the version 1.3 existing as of that point because they don't actually show their updates on their page or anything, and until recently they did not even tell people that there were updates available via emails, so there was no way for me to know unless I emailed them and asked if updates were available.

So, when playing version 1.0, I noticed that even though I was playing in Hori mode on my AES using a converter, all the little icons like B (Bombs), and the Medals (points), and the WARNING screen when bosses would appear would all be still in TATE mode. This caused me serious confusion when playing and I would sometimes tilt my head sideways while playing and shit. lol Even the words FUCK when you miss your chain was still stuck in TATE mode when playing in Hori mode.

The controls felt "off" in a way that when using the diagonal controls, it felt totally different than the normal up and down controls, and TATE also felt toally affected by this as well. It's difficult to explain, but they did this to make dodging bullets easier when moving sideways.

The game felt impossible to defeat as it gave me like 3 damn credits IIRC and I was able to get to stage 5 but the boss would ALWAYS wipe me out, and since there is no damn memory card support on their games like 99.9% of SNKs other games on Neo-Geo have, this made the game hard to the point that is was not enjoyable. There was no way to add credits no matter what I did, which also totally ruined the experience for me. If they want to make the game just a 1CC play then fine, add memory card support. If they wish the game to be hard as hell and no memory card support, then let us credit feed the thing. But, to have no memory card support AND no damn credit feed support, it just made the game a complete nightmare to try to beat. (This is how I feel about my Fast Striker MVS cart also. It contains NO Credit feeding, AND it has no damn memory card support. This made the game one of those games that just sits on the shelf and collects dust. I can't even play the music in the game to listen to the music tracks because it has no sound test menu, notr can I use the Jukebox either on it normally so the game is pretty much a shelf filler for me. They told me to re-buy the game as a re-print, because the re-prints have credit feed support, but, I do not wish to pay another $700 to buy another copy just for v1.6 support. It's not worth it. So if anyone has the Re-Print that wants to swap for my first print game, let me know.) ;)

Also, Neo XYX seemed to be too hard and there is no damn mode select. It was just press start and get your ass handed to you. Even though people found these "safe spots", I cannot find them, so for me the game was atrocious in difficulty. I wanted an easy mode to practice on.

The game had various other bugs that would occur during gameplay on Ver1.0 that I cannot recall much. Sprite flicker due to some enemies being in the wrong spots on top of each other, which also caused slow down. IIRC.

Also, IIRC, (it's been awhile, I haven't been able to play it as my AES is DOA, and has been for awhile), I recall the game having the score, (or the picture in the score screen behind the score), displayed in TATE mode, (sideways), in between each stage when playing the game in HORI mode, which also felt disorienting.

EVERYTHING that I was complaining about was fixed in version 1.3. Once I updated to 1.3, the game felt like an ENTIRELY new experience and I LOVED the game after that! Everything now seems to display in HORI mode properly, except for one item, (I can't recall which one it is), and the WARNING screen is displayed properly, the score screen is displayed properly also. The curse word "FUCK" is displayed properly, the diag. controls feel proper now, the game now has an easier mode to play in, and it has credit feeding. So for me, it feels like the game it should have been to begin with. I mean it is cool to make a TATE game on the Neo-Geo, BUT, when making a game on a console that is 100% made for HORI monitors, it is a damn good idea to make the game 100% compatible for those HORI screens because the folks that your selling your game to, own Big Red cabs or CMVS's and are playing 99.99% on HDTV sets, not on TATE arcade monitors. I think that would be obvious. So for them to have all these bugs in the game when it is considered at version 1.0 is insane. Version 1.3 should have been their 1.0, and not only that, but, if you ask me they should go through and make one final 1.4 update, and give the game a proper ending sequence like Gunlord has, and give the game an OPTIONS menu like Last Hope Classic has, with a sound test menu, music test menu, Lives setting (1-9), Difficulty setting (Easy, Medium, Hard, Expert), and finally have a Control setting so you can set up the controls the way that you like it.

Memory card support would KICK ASS in their games also, but, just like re-printing this game, it will never happen. :'(

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
I heard some of the safe spots were addressed, for those of us who thought the game was too easy. :lolz:

Fakk2

I heard some of the safe spots were addressed, for those of us who thought the game was too easy. :lolz:

I would love to actually see someone beat the final boss without dying on any mode. I understand I am not great at shooters anymore like I used to be when I was younger, but, the last boss in this game seems to jus trandomly throw a million bullets everywhere and there appears to be no pattern at all, and there are so many that I cannot seem to find a way to get through them all to stay alive. I just say fuck it and basically give up on that one, and just try to stay alive long enough to shoot him a tiny bit before dying. lol It's really inside. Very similar to the last boss in Razion on Maniac mode, but at least Razion's final boss seems to have a pattern no matter how hard the settings are.

team_andromeda

Armored Scrum Object
Just got the MVS version in the mail, seems to work fine other than the garbled unibios text; does anyone know if that's fixable?

Also, I'm playing this on my AES via the new green 2015 Magic Key, is there a way to have the game play in tate but with borders so I don't have to flip my LCD?

Fakk2

Just got the MVS version in the mail, seems to work fine other than the garbled unibios text; does anyone know if that's fixable?

Also, I'm playing this on my AES via the new green 2015 Magic Key, is there a way to have the game play in tate but with borders so I don't have to flip my LCD?

Actually, the NGDevTeam made the unibios garbled like that on purpose, so it is "harder to hack", so no, it's not fixable.

I have never used the new magic key thing, but, I do know that if you hold the a,b,c, or d button down upon game boot up on the AES, you get a different thing that happens. I think holding C makes the game go into a normal Hori mode, and holding D makes the game go Hori mode, plus it enables a special training like mode that gives your ship little extra pods on top and bottom to assist you, and it also gives you slight different controls for diagonal movement IIRC.

team_andromeda

Armored Scrum Object
Actually, the NGDevTeam made the unibios garbled like that on purpose, so it is "harder to hack", so no, it's not fixable.

I have never used the new magic key thing, but, I do know that if you hold the a,b,c, or d button down upon game boot up on the AES, you get a different thing that happens. I think holding C makes the game go into a normal Hori mode, and holding D makes the game go Hori mode, plus it enables a special training like mode that gives your ship little extra pods on top and bottom to assist you, and it also gives you slight different controls for diagonal movement IIRC.

AH! Good to know, thanks.

I also sent NGDT an email asking for update files, I hope that helps with some issues as well

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,

So the green MVS Magic Key can be used to play NGDev releases? that would be a nice improvement over the blue one I have. Can you please test other releases if you have them? I am positive the blue one does not work with neither Gunlord nor Razion, but I have no other NGDev releases to test.

Thanks!!