New NEOGEO game: "NEO XYX" NG: DEV.TEAM 2013

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Looks awesome! :buttrock:
And a big thumbs up on using hand drawn sprites.

Ukee

Geese's Thug
How many copies are you planing on releasing on the MVS?

valgalder

Kula's Candy
seems so stupid to me if that is true.. going through all the work and effort to making a game that will only ship 70 copies?

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
seems so stupid to me if that is true.. going through all the work and effort to making a game that will only ship 70 copies?

that is just for the "Limited Edition" release for MVS..... if history serves they'll probably do a dreamcast and standard MVS release as well. but of course that's speculation.

BizMarkie82

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Looks like per the FAQ section of the website its getting an AES release. How long do they typically wait after the MVS to do pre-ordering on AES?

mikew

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
10 Year Member
The shopping cart page reads:

"Free software updates via USB connector" , does this mean this is based on some kind of MVS flash cart? If it is, that alone could be worth the asking price.

Fayk

Cheng's Errand Boy
NGDT games have been produced on this model for a while.

I didn't know that. Not to go too far off topic here but can these boards be flashed with arbitrary data?

I don't think so (but really I know nothing) - but I know the NGDT guys made a commend offhand about making a flash cart of some kind in one of the threads about the whole AF3 thing, but that the scandal made them reconsider it. (If I'm remembering correctly, I'm not trying to misrepresent the NGDT folks).

I think people would love a more reliable, customizable flash cart alternative to multicarts, for example.

FalcomAdol

Fio's Quartermaster
I don't think so (but really I know nothing) - but I know the NGDT guys made a commend offhand about making a flash cart of some kind in one of the threads about the whole AF3 thing, but that the scandal made them reconsider it. (If I'm remembering correctly, I'm not trying to misrepresent the NGDT folks).

I think people would love a more reliable, customizable flash cart alternative to multicarts, for example.
They also mentioned at some point that they have their own encryption or something that is different from SNK's, so without knowledge of that, you can't flash usable software to the ROMs.

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
What's usually the difference between the LE and the Standard Edition for the MVS titles? I'd welcome a price cut if it meant it was just a plain cart :)

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
I'm a bit torn on this one; specifically the fact that it's a vertical shooter primarily. My MVS runs in a big red cab so this game would have to be played in YOKO (horizontal) mode and I'm not too sure I'd be a fan of that. Anyone else a little put off by this? Just to clarify, I'm not saying anything bad about the game itself because it looks quite good from that clip actually.

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
I'm a bit torn on this one; specifically the fact that it's a vertical shooter primarily. My MVS runs in a big red cab so this game would have to be played in YOKO (horizontal) mode and I'm not too sure I'd be a fan of that. Anyone else a little put off by this? Just to clarify, I'm not saying anything bad about the game itself because it looks quite good from that clip actually.

I think what is meant by YOKO is that the game will either be flipped 90 degrees along with the score so it's like Blazing Star or when in YOKO mode there will be black bars on either side of the screen so you end up with a 19"ish picture like in Strikers 1945 Plus.

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
i absolutely LOVE the tate/yoko option. Lots of folks run with CMVS/Superguns these days - giving the end user a choice is great.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Yeah I know what it means but I'm not sure how happy I would be with that, especially considering I wouldn't really have an option.

Last edited:

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Who cares if you have to rotate? At least you have an option. What would you do for other vert shooters?

dragonpt

Over Top Auto Mechanic
10 Year Member
I think i'm gona buy one of this ...

Looks Great ! :D

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
I don't play other vertical shooters in my neo cab. My neo cab only plays neo games.

Welll, apparently not the vertical ones, now. :kekeke:

My question was more along the lines of: In OTHER cabs, what do you do to play vert games?

FalcomAdol

Fio's Quartermaster
What's usually the difference between the LE and the Standard Edition for the MVS titles? I'd welcome a price cut if it meant it was just a plain cart :)
Comes with goodies and a shockbox.

In the past there were versions for arcade operators (use the coin acceptance feature) and home MVS (don't). This one seems to be the "takes coins" version.