Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 313738394041
Results 1,001 to 1,017 of 1017

Thread: New NEOGEO game: "NEO XYX" NG: DEV.TEAM 2013

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.
    Officially No.10 at Schmups.
    DIG it Brethren!

Quote Originally Posted by Fakk2 View Post
    Yeah, the game has big strong bosses, (with small strong words to go with them)!
    IIRC that is stage 5 boss, the one which you didn’t need to move for three quarters of the fight to destroy him.
    What I like to call ‘big-strong-and-why-bother-make the-game-good-if-neo-geo-collectors-will-blindly-throw-money-at-us type bosses.

Natural Born Killer

I can't get through stage 4!!!!!!

Kula's Candy

Hey everyone,

I had a discussion with a friend and no Google search nor YouTube videos could help us out with this. I'm sure someone in here can help.

I'm saying: The game only has one screen orientation on Neo Geo.....selecting YOKO will only switch controls and status display. If you wanna play TATE on a normal TV with borders left and right, get the DC version.

He says: You're nuts. Almost no one could play it properly then because most people have their AES/MVS hooked to a CRT, as it should be, and you can't just turn those on their sides. Very few people have the chance to connect their Neos to actual vertical screens, so that leaves those few with rotatable LCD screens.

Since I don't own the game yet, I can't really tell, although everything I read makes it sound like I'm right.
    But it's a valid point he makes....how DO most people play it? From left to right?

(yeah, I know, it's not being played but just put on the shelf and so on and so forth. Still, humor me)

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuray View Post
    Hey everyone,

I had a discussion with a friend and no Google search nor YouTube videos could help us out with this. I'm sure someone in here can help.

I'm saying: The game only has one screen orientation on Neo Geo.....selecting YOKO will only switch controls and status display. If you wanna play TATE on a normal TV with borders left and right, get the DC version.

He says: You're nuts. Almost no one could play it properly then because most people have their AES/MVS hooked to a CRT, as it should be, and you can't just turn those on their sides. Very few people have the chance to connect their Neos to actual vertical screens, so that leaves those few with rotatable LCD screens.

Since I don't own the game yet, I can't really tell, although everything I read makes it sound like I'm right.
    But it's a valid point he makes....how DO most people play it? From left to right?

(yeah, I know, it's not being played but just put on the shelf and so on and so forth. Still, humor me)
    I play the MVS version vertically in a candy cab on an MV1C. Boxy RGB monitors (PVM, XM, etc) are easy to rotate as well for AES/CMVS use.

It plays vertical, but it doesn't matter much since 90% of the carts are sitting on shelves unplayed, like most NG Dev games.

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    It plays vertical, but it doesn't matter much since 90% of the carts are sitting on shelves unplayed, like most NG Dev games.
    I'll have you know I play every one of my games for 5 minutes each day.

Art of Typing Wiz

I rotated a CRT TV that doesn't support rotation by putting a towel under it (lol) and playing the DC version in tate. The DC version is super glitchy in yoko mode. Not sure about MVS.

Quote Originally Posted by kuze View Post
    I rotated a CRT TV that doesn't support rotation by putting a towel under it (lol) and playing the DC version in tate. The DC version is super glitchy in yoko mode. Not sure about MVS.
    Only glitch with MVS is it costs over $500

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.
    Officially No.10 at Schmups.
    DIG it Brethren!

Quote Originally Posted by wyo_vr4 View Post
    I'll have you know I play every one of my games for 5 minutes each day.
    The estimated length it takes someone to realize they could be spending their time playing something else, possibly something better.

Host for Orochi

Quote Originally Posted by Samuray View Post
    Hey everyone,

To answer your question: Yes, you are right. The game only has one screen orientation (vertical). You can't play Neo XYX in vertizontal mode on Neo Geo hardware. This is due to the non-existent rotating capabilities of the Neo, so it's more of a technical problem.

Are you still looking for this game? Someone over at nexgam is selling the AES version right now (at a ridiculous price though, but he's open to offers).
    http://i.imgur.com/Hphhtld.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Pep
    Your nickname suits very well for someone who has decided collecting NGH

Thou Shalt Not
    Question Rot.

Quote Originally Posted by wyo_vr4 View Post
    Only glitch with MVS is it costs over $500
    it's funny cause it's true.

Host for Orochi

Those games are not meant to be played
    http://i.imgur.com/Hphhtld.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Pep
    Your nickname suits very well for someone who has decided collecting NGH

the game has only one orientation (vert); but on MVS you can switch the HUD elements to display horizontally (and the controls swap accordingly) for use in wood cabs.

play this on my goldie all the time; dc release is no comparison.

Kula's Candy

Thanks everyone for helping me out here.

Can't wait to play this someday in the future!

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

Super XYX, the 2nd volume XYX :

- Dev - Hacks - Homebrews - Games - Demos -

Armored Scrum Object

Thanks for the info zouzzz, I hadn't seen this game before on Steam
    Last edited by Raph4; 10-13-2020 at 12:25 AM.

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

I hope a NG port...
    - Dev - Hacks - Homebrews - Games - Demos -

Thread Information