What Fighting Games are you playing ATM?

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Today my son and I played Samsho IV and SVC Chaos Plus on the Big Red.
SVC_zps7f59a1e5.jpg

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Love that dedicated Sam sho 2 cab Sensei. Just curious, which mobo came with it? I'm assuming of course it was a 1-slot, but no idea which one.

I haven’t seen either of those in a long time. Quite the blast from the past :)

Yeah I remember what a big deal that was. I was foaming at the mouth waiting for that release.

I got my Blast City panel all setup for capcom fighters so I threw in some Marvel vs Capcom 2 (DC). Wasn't the biggest fan before, but I'm having a lot of fun with it.

Jarofmayo

Morden's Lackey
Been playing some Super Street Fighter II: Grand Master Challenge lately with my cousin.

Normdog

Kula's Diamond
10 Year Member
Yeah I remember what a big deal that was. I was foaming at the mouth waiting for that release.

Kinda like getting Street Fighter 2 for the SNES on that first day it was released :)

Last edited:

hisame

n00b
Played some Fighter's History Dynamite on the AES yesterday... indeed a fun game, but what impertinent clone of Street Fighter that was... :)

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
Played some Fighter's History Dynamite on the AES yesterday... indeed a fun game, but what impertinent clone of Street Fighter that was... :)

That's the reason why Capcom tried to sue Data East in the first place.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
It's the whole reason I want a copy for MVS. I remember all the crazy stuff They published on this story in Gamefan, EGM, Gamepro etc....

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
SF Zero 3 on Saturn, CvS2 on DC, Ninja Masters on NGCD, SamSho ll & Fatal Fury Special on AES.

quite a bit of variety there buddy, I like how all the different systems are getting love too:)

I'm working on my Vampire Savior skillz. there's a lot I still need to learn about this game.

quite a bit of variety there buddy, I like how all the different systems are getting love too:)

I'm working on my Vampire Savior skillz. there's a lot I still need to learn about this game.

Yeah, VS/Darkstalkers definitely has a different pace to it. As far as the array of systems, those are the home ports that I feel to be the most playable IMO. Obviously with the exception of Ninja Masters on NGCD.

I'm not into PCB's and cabs, so I try to get the closest versions to 'em.

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
MK9 Komplete
Cleared Sub-Zero and Scorpion in ladder mode before getting bored.
I like how MK9 feels smoother than Deception or Argmageddon -- or even MK Vs. DC Universe.

Went from MK to Street Fighter X Tekken.
I still hate that there's 1600MS points between me and freaking twelve characters.
Probably just going to go back to Super Street Fighter 4 AE to achievement grind.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
I haven't played much for fighters since Alpha 2 in the arcade. Today I rotated a monitor and gave some Dreamcast fighters a whirl for the first time in over 10 years.

Vampire Chronicles
Project Justice
Tech Romancer

Not sure how long my attention span will last for these but VC and PJ were good fun for a romp, looked very nice in VGA as well.

8649550651_5033f13884_c.jpg

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
I haven't played much for fighters since Alpha 2 in the arcade. Today I rotated a monitor and gave some Dreamcast fighters a whirl for the first time in over 10 years.

Vampire Chronicles
Project Justice
Tech Romancer

Not sure how long my attention span will last for these but VC and PJ were good fun for a romp, looked very nice in VGA as well.

8649550651_5033f13884_c.jpg

looks gorgeous on there chem. I don't have project justice, and I'm kind of ashamed of that, it's probably my favorite 3D fighter. you haven't played these in 10 years? I'm sure you had a blast then, cuz that is a solid line-up;)

Oberwald

n00b
KoF 98

I got KoF 98 yesterday - and a lot of bashing :hammer: A great game, no question, but a bit frustrating. By no means I'm a good fighting game player, but in Last Blade 2 and Street Fighter 2 I got some feeling of success. It seems, KoF (98) is a completely different game with some major game design difference.

So far I tried Terry most times. However, Billy with his cane seems the better choice so far.

Don

Camel Slug
Leona is the shit in kof 98. She's got awesome quarter circle moves and great charge attacks.

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
Since i've been home, i've been playing the following:

Persona 4 Arena
Skullgirls
Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown
Dead or Alive 5
Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Feels good to be around good company for three weeks.

dipindods

needs help. stuck in virgina.
playn alot of injustice for ps3. this game is alot of fun......and just got waku waku 7 on mvs. that will b played next :)

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
fightin' it up on my day off yesterday! Vampire Savior cps2, and Rage of the Dragons MVS (really had a lot of fun with this one, underrated imo :))

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Since i've been home, i've been playing the following:

Persona 4 Arena

finally caved in and picked this one up. I love it, fast paced and wacky. I have never played any of the persona games, but this reminds me of Jojo's bizarre with the personas(stands) and the tarot connection with each char representing one of the cards, and that is great because I've been playing alot of jojo lately as well :D

rumbl3

In Chat With Teh Gh3ys,
Funny see the MK commercial. I just started playing MK 2 and Ultimate on my snes last week when I got them in the mail. I just scored a Street fighter 2 turbo for 5 bucks also not big on super street fighter. I've been playing MK2 actually little to much lately lol.

Sucks I just miss fighting games like that. Instead of all the crazy combos just skill shots and moments you can get a 2 or 3 hits at most. Not that stuff like MVC and stuff are bad just not my cup of coffee.