What Fighting Games are you playing ATM?

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
Just spent a month on Fatal Fury 3. Now I’ll be jumping into Samurai Shodown 2. Aside from the Neo-Geo, I’ve been playing KOF02 Unlimited Match, USF4, SFV and DOA5LR on the PC.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
The first Last Blade game. There's probably no other fighter that makes better use of its silent stages. Water drops into a wet spot, distant seagull chatter accompanies some 17th century sails, later on, on one of them, squeaking wood beams witness a midnight duel. At one point, you'd wish you could put aside your blade and enjoy fishing with Genbu no Okina or the purifying raindrops falling from a red sky after you slaughtered Shikyoh.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
The first Last Blade game. There's probably no other fighter that makes better use of its silent stages. Water drops into a wet spot, distant seagull chatter accompanies some 17th century sails, later on, on one of them, squeaking wood beams witness a midnight duel. At one point, you'd wish you could put aside your blade and enjoy fishing with Genbu no Okina or the purifying raindrops falling from a red sky after you slaughtered Shikyoh.

So true.

I’ve been on Garou MotW, Fatal Fury Special, and the new Street Fighter 30th anniversary collection.

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
Recently picked up Fighter's History for Switch. I know it's rubbish but I've always thought it was at least solid rubbish, plus this being the only time it's been available other than the SNES port.

This release epitomizes everything wrong with Flying Tiger's lackluster Data East releases on Switch. There's no access to any dipswitch options, which really hurts this release since the AI is fucking relentless. Worst offence is the fact it doesn't allow any button remapping. Apparently nobody got the note that it's not 1993 anymore and not everyone wants fierce punch and kick mapped to L1 and R1.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
SSF2T, SamShoII,Soul Calibur VI.

klee123

Zero's Secretary
Fighting Ex Layer.

Big fan of the old SFEX games so this has been great for me.

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
I’ve been spending a lot of time with SF2CE lately but can’t trigger the game into allowing me to fight Ken first ala this video:

Been trying all evening to start the game at the point where the hand of whitey reaches the edge of the building in the intro, to no avail. Playing via mame on an Asus monitor (inb4 LCD wankerrr). Am I missing any other settings or is it just down to timing? Usually struggle with Ken so like to get him done early lol

LonelyWarbler

Crazed MVS Addict
Tekken is my main fighting game but its really difficult to play with my kid. He doesn't have the dexterity to do all of the movement yet so its difficult to have a good game. I've been playing a lot of SS2 and Garou(DC) with him. 2d fighters are a bit easier to teach the basics like spacing and blocking. I forgot how good Garou is. I think FG lost a bit of soul when they moved away from hand drawn sprites. The animation holds up well even now.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Tekken is my main fighting game but its really difficult to play with my kid. He doesn't have the dexterity to do all of the movement yet so its difficult to have a good game. I've been playing a lot of SS2 and Garou(DC) with him. 2d fighters are a bit easier to teach the basics like spacing and blocking. I forgot how good Garou is. I think FG lost a bit of soul when they moved away from hand drawn sprites. The animation holds up well even now.

You call those footsies?

I HAVE NO SON

Leback

Stakes Winner

No other fighting game comes even close in atmosphere, and both LB games plays like a dream also. I'm going to play some LB1 when I return from vacation, have been caught by Sekiro for a while but finished it last week.

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
I've been playing a lot of Samurai Shodown V Special lately on MVS. I'm a hanzo player and em enjoying figuring out all the moves. I have a real wakazashi in the house and my wife is getting mad at me with all my real-world sword-play that I'm showing off.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
The wife and I have been battling a bit here and there playing Real Bout and samsho 3.

For a button masher she does pretty good. Kicked my ass a few times.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
For a button masher she does pretty good. Kicked my ass a few times.

Haha... hey, if you want to give her another chance to beat your ass, then Ninja Master's, Art of Fighting 3 or Ragnagard could also provide a feast for a button masher.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Haha... hey, if you want to give her another chance to beat your ass, then Ninja Master's, Art of Fighting 3 or Ragnagard could also provide a feast for a button masher.

Lol I'll have to give her more variety to enjoy and maybe she will keep playing.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
If you need variety, then I recommend Bomberman '94 on the Engine in tag-team mode against the CPU. Another cool one is Space Battleship Gomora: you navigate the ship, she helps you with the crosshair cursor and sometimes you switch on the fly. We should make a Best Games to Play With Your Wife list ;).

Teluin

New Challenger
Just started Matrimelee and it's pretty cool. Garou is my jam though, and I tend to dive into it.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
I’ve been spending a lot of time with SF2CE lately but can’t trigger the game into allowing me to fight Ken first ala this video:

Been trying all evening to start the game at the point where the hand of whitey reaches the edge of the building in the intro, to no avail. Playing via mame on an Asus monitor (inb4 LCD wankerrr). Am I missing any other settings or is it just down to timing? Usually struggle with Ken so like to get him done early lol

Excellent run! Should be on the 1cc thread.