What Fighting Games are you playing ATM?

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
That's the native resolution of the PS1 and Saturn minus some games like Tekken 3, Tobal and Virtual Fighter 2. The PS2 won't go under 480i unfortunately and it wouldn't be so bad if there were at least a 480p option for SF: Alpha Anthology. Funny how the Dreamcast was the last console with 240p capability, hence why better ports for 2D fighters than the PS2 most of the time.

I use my Sony SD CRT 4:3 Trinitron 27" for 240p retrogaming and I use my Toshiba HD 4:3 CRT 36" for 480i/p gaming.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
That's the native resolution of the PS1 and Saturn minus some games like Tekken 3, Tobal and Virtual Fighter 2. The PS2 won't go under 480i unfortunately and it wouldn't be so bad if there were at least a 480p option for SF: Alpha Anthology. Funny how the Dreamcast was the last console with 240p capability, hence why better ports for 2D fighters than the PS2 most of the time.

I use my Sony SD CRT 4:3 Trinitron 27" for 240p retrogaming and I use my Toshiba HD 4:3 CRT 36" for 480i/p gaming.

Cheers for the reply; I was just wondering if you were using EURO &/or JP 21 pin•RGB cables, or running your Sat & PS thru JAMMA.

I love comparing & contrasting set ups, it helps me fine-tune my rig.

betterdavid

Mr. Big's Thug
MOTW

Finally beat Grant today. Dude has been the bane of my existence for over a week. Beat him with Butt.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I've been playing Breakers Revenge a ton lately (the majority of the time my cab's been on for the past month). I started out using Pielle, Tia, and Sho a lot - they have great specials/supers and high combo/damage potential. While I still play as those characters with some frequency, I've been trying to learn Dao-Long. I normally don't like/use chargers, but Dao-Long has incredible normals and can combo with ease.

Anybody else playing Breakers (Revenge)?

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
^ I play either one from time to time but I remember when I first played Breakers not too long ago and the smile I had on my face. I couldn't believe how good these games are. They are definitely a lot of fun.

Fortune

Zero's Secretary
I've been playing KoF '99.
Psycho Sonic Trip was stuck in my head, so I felt compelled to play.
That song is too catchy.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
I've been sitting down with VF5 FS and have been trying to get into it. Just back into VF in general tbh (last one I played properly was VF4Evo).

FS is a really nice game, but I just can't take on all these new moves and command lists like I used to back in the years when I was (should we say) more enthusiastic about my 3D fighters and fighting games in general. I tend to just spend more time practicing with these characters, learning their moves, stances, moves into/out of stances (etc) than actually enjoying playing it, and knowing my stuff is a large part of the enjoyment for me. It's sinking in... slowly, but I'm sure VF6 will be here soon enough, and then they can change everything around... again :(

And I used to think 50-60 commands in Tekken 2 was a lot back in the day...

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
^ I play either one from time to time but I remember when I first played Breakers not too long ago and the smile I had on my face. I couldn't believe how good these games are. They are definitely a lot of fun.

Yeah, I've been playing and enjoying the Breakers games via emulation for years, but playing BR on a cab is just such a treat.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
SSII, trying to get my timing back. But Ninja Master's is currently in the system now.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
LB2, I've also noticed that my timing is off, what a mess my speed Hibiki is.

I also blame my cheap ass LCD TV, I can't have deteriorated this badly. I need a crt.

Stupid autocorrect, crt becomes cry :D

NGCDFreak

Belnar Institute Student
Ive been playing MOTW, KOF 00-01-02 for Dreamcast & Persona 4 arena on XBOX 360 I like the music in this game though.

Luciano

Crossed Swords Squire
Played World Heroes Perfect last night, actually I never had is one before, but its really a great game. Had a lo tof fun!

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Played World Heroes Perfect last night, actually I never had is one before, but its really a great game. Had a lo tof fun!

Yes sir. If I want to play a World Heroes game, I'll play WHP. It's got a lot of characters and some of the best gameplay of the series. I unfortunately only have the Saturn port. I really need to pick up a copy for MVS.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Yes sir. If I want to play a World Heroes game, I'll play WHP. It's got a lot of characters and some of the best gameplay of the series. I unfortunately only have the Saturn port. I really need to pick up a copy for MVS.

Only problem of WHP is missing deathmatch mode.

fantat

NEST Puppet
20 Year Member
Fighter's History Dynamite and Kabuki Klash. Both are real solid games. FHD has that old school fighter feel. Not alot of flash but there's something about it that takes me back. Kabuki Klash has some great backgrounds with simple, fun gameplay. I used to hate this one, but it's really starting to grow on me. I wish they would have made a sequel that incuded toned down versions of the unlockable characters. These are some of the better designed chracters in the game.

pipes

Played about 60 matches of SSFIV: AE (on the Taito X2) with a buddy of mine the other night. Before we knew it, it was 2 in the morning.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Played about 60 matches of SSFIV: AE (on the Taito X2) with a buddy of mine the other night. Before we knew it, it was 2 in the morning.

badass.

I was playing Capcom vs SNK DC. It's the backgrounds man, they always bring me back.......

wouldn't mind a naomi of that one someday:)

pipes

I was playing Capcom vs SNK DC. It's the backgrounds man, they always bring me back.......

I know what you mean. I'm a big fan of the CvS games; I never get bored of them. Great to look at for sure.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
A buddy of mine has been begging me to pick this up, so I got Waku Waku 7 today:
ww7_3_zps5bd28b3a.jpg

Wow, this is infinitely better than the Saturn version. Really enjoying it so far.

Last edited: