What Fighting Games are you playing ATM?

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Hope everything holds out there for you guys. Mother Nature can be a fickle bitch.

I've mostly been playing UNIEL (with a little UNIEST at Mugi's place...). Really dig the pace and the execution isn't as demanding as the ArcSys games. No one playing online in the US unfortunately.

Also tried out Abigail and Menat in SF5. As disappointing as that game has been, seems like they're finally turning the corner on getting some better variety in play styles. Menat seems like she's gonna be really good at space control and Abigail (though he looks stupid as shit) is an interesting take on the slow/power character. They'll likely need to nerf his damage as he's just a little too ridiculous in V-Trigger steroid mode.

GreyFox

n00b
Been playing a bit of Art of Fighting 2 but I am rubbish at it. Just never seem to get into the zone/flow of the game.

Also I have recently gone back to Soul Calibur 2 which holds up really well. I still prefer Soul Calibur to it but it is still a great game

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I think Soulcalibur 2 is the best of the series, 4 is really good too though.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
i def played 2 the most out of any of the titles. Its all about that Astaroth cheese lol

GreyFox

n00b
I think my affinity with the 1st game is I played that one the most. It was jaw dropping playing it on a good CRT VGA monitor at the time. Plus I loved that you could edit the intro!

The 2nd game I played a fair bit back in the day on GameCube (Link!) but I am currently playing the XBOX version of 2 which still looks and plays ace as it supported 720p (in a 4:3) ratio. Still really stacks up. So much content and I love the fluidity of the gameplay

Shame the Dreamcast didn't get its own version of SC2. Would have loved to have seen who they chose as the guest character. Ryo from ShenMue? Joe Musashi? Tyris Flare? Knowing Sega it would have been Ulala or Something

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Heihachi was my main man thinking back. Man takes back to whoopin my friends back in the day.

Igakajook

Armored Scrum Object
I've been playing Breakers Revenge here and there, but I'm not getting any better at it. I like the style and speed of the game, which keeps me coming back, but I've totally plateaued. Why can't I breaker?

dailyone

n00b
I tried playing Art of Fighting 2 on my iphone 5s, but the experience was nothing great! Damn i should go ahead and throw this piece of junk away! Useless iphone.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Touch screen controls and arcade fighting games don't mix well, lol.

I just started playing POKKEN DX, it's way better than I expected.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
I think Soulcalibur 2 is the best of the series, 4 is really good too though.

The original Soul Calibur plays the best IMHO though 2 is still really good. I wish there was a way to play 1 online.

Been playing SFV, SSVS, Garou, and Sam Sho 1 online. Going between Sam Sho 1 and SSVS you can really tell how Sam Sho was supposed to be about sword fighting. The special moves don't really take off much damage. then you go to V Special and the Sword does good damage, but the specials can do just as much. Not to mention supers or decimation moves.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Playing Killer Instinct on Steam finally. (I have windows 8.1)

-Was really easy to pick up and play

-Not sure I'm loving the character design

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Just got done playing MOTW on PS4. One thing I'll say compared to fightcade the people on there aren't usually amazing. Though I just got done playing the #2 ranked guy and had a blast. He was super defensive and the matches timed out a lot. It made me wonder if he was an East Coast guy.

IGGY GUNN

War Room Troll
Best Of The Best Championship Karate on the SNES. Pretty technically sound kickboxing simulator, and loads of fun to play if you know anything about Martial Arts.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Martial what?

I've been playing Pokken DX some more, some heated battles in mirror matches with Blaziken, that fucken Pokémon is great, plays so smooth, this game plays great, reminds me of bloody roar a little bit. There's a good wake up game and the good old rock papers scissors is all over the place. I think it makes for a very balanced game that veterans and newbies can pick up and go. I'm still super green but down for some pokebattlez if anyone is game. I've never played a pokemon game until now and I'm glad I gave in.

Stefan

Philadelphia Freeman,
20 Year Member
Saturn: Fighters Megamix, Astra Superstars, Outlaws of the Lost Dynasty/Suiko Enbu: Fuunsaiki, & Pocket Fighter

PS4: Injustice 2 and Street Fighter V(mostly just to see how Menat fares against Shotos like Akuma & Ken)

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I've been playing Pokken DX some more, some heated battles in mirror matches with Blaziken, that fucken Pokémon is great, plays so smooth, this game plays great, reminds me of bloody roar a little bit. There's a good wake up game and the good old rock papers scissors is all over the place. I think it makes for a very balanced game that veterans and newbies can pick up and go. I'm still super green but down for some pokebattlez if anyone is game. I've never played a pokemon game until now and I'm glad I gave in.

lol'ing hard at you playing with pokemon.

Holy shit. :lol:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I dunno what to tell you man...I just wanna be the very best like no one ever was!

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Starting to get back on that Karnovs Revenge. Have a local tourney coming up this friday then there is a Fightcade tourney on saturday. Plan to join both.

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
All of this Soul Calibur talk. The first one on DC is probably still my favorite, but I really enjoy 2-4 as well. Not sure what business the SW characters had in SCIV, but playing as Yoda sure was fun. Put a lot of hours into online with that one. Mitsurugi was my main man.

Recently my buddy and I played a few hours of 2 and 3 on PS2. There isn't much difference in the gameplay between them, same old silky smooth fighting glory, but the presentation on SCIII takes it to another level. Some new modes and just exquisite backgrounds and design. 2 is basically SC1 Turbo by comparison. The story mode in 3 is really cool as well because you can follow multiple paths by making different decisions between fights and thus, encounter different characters along the way. Excellent game.

Whenever it comes up in conversation, it seems that a lot of people haven't played it. Probably because 2 was on every console that generation, and 3 was PS2 exclusive.

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
Been playing Garou here and there to try to get more proficient at canceling. I've also been dabbling in Karnov's Revenge. It's interesting...