What Fighting Games are you playing ATM?

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
Played some superior soldiers on the pandoras box 4s.

Not a good fighting game but very underrated made by irem.

Last edited:

gtmartini

Rugal's Thug
Samuray Shodown 5 Special on MVS Arcade. Too bad I used the 138 in 1 cartridge and I could not find how to put violence level on max. No cutting in half anyone :( just a little blood

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Shamed to say I have never actually played Blaz. Looking at some videos it seems a lot like Guilty Gear on even more steroids. Reviews seem good, is it worth picking up?

tried to play it once. but blazblue plays nothing like anything i'm familiar with.

MissFaith

New Challenger
tried to play it once. but blazblue plays nothing like anything i'm familiar with.

Thanks for responding, it can be nice to try something different from time to time. If I see it dirt cheap may consider. Thanks again.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
BlazBlue is awesome, plays like Guilty Gear. Total freedom on the combos and links, extremely lenient on cancels and supercancels, easy to do counters. Personally I think that character design is poor, Guilty Gear started way stronger but became generic over time, Blazblue suffers from this, generic feeling, but gameplay is tight, easy to learn hard to master. If you end up liking it, try Guilty Gear, so good!

While we're at it...anyone down for some games in fightcade, I'm up for anything, we can play XBL, PSN, Steam, let's du it!!!

MissFaith

New Challenger
BlazBlue is awesome, plays like Guilty Gear. Total freedom on the combos and links, extremely lenient on cancels and supercancels, easy to do counters. Personally I think that character design is poor, Guilty Gear started way stronger but became generic over time, Blazblue suffers from this, generic feeling, but gameplay is tight, easy to learn hard to master. If you end up liking it, try Guilty Gear, so good!

While we're at it...anyone down for some games in fightcade, I'm up for anything, we can play XBL, PSN, Steam, let's du it!!!

I enjoy Guilty Gear on Dreamcast, very unique and pleasing on the eye. Think my arm is twisted and will add this to my wishlist. I do enjoy combos and if it is as free as you say will be a blast to smash through over. Cheers.

Magn0x

Kuroko's Training Dummy
King of fighters '98 at the minute, trying to get better using Mai I like her fighting style, nothing to do with her outfit honest! :thevt:

jdoll

Kuroko's Training Dummy
kof 14 on ps4 with cheap hori stick
sfV on pc w xbox controller
samsho sen on 360

cyriades

Super Spy Agent
Mostly Real Bout 2, KoF2002 and 98, and Samsho 5 Special. Trying to sharpen back up on those for a gaming focused party I'm going to. Playing them on a consolized MVS.

gtmartini

Rugal's Thug
Just finished Art of fighting on Neo geo CD yesterday, I'll probably beat AoF2 very soon.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Lately been playing Hyper Fighting on a cab when I get home from work to unwind.

Been running Blazblue Central Fiction's missions as a way to learn the BnBs and figure out who the fuck I should play in that game. I don't have the patience or the execution to learn a lot of those characters.

Still grinding out the weekly missions on SF5. <shrug>

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax

Bought it a while ago, but just started playing it more.

Not familiar with any of the characters besides the ones from Sword Art Online (one of my Ex's daughters liked the series and I took her to see the movie and honestly really enjoyed it). I liked Melty Blood a lot when I played that in Japan and I'm pretty sure its the same developers.

Last edited:

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Just started to get back into playing fighters more again. Grabbed a few games off Steam recently.

Mostly playing:
Ultra Street Fighter IV
Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator
King of Fighters XIII

also picked up:
Mortal Kombat X
Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code
Skull Girls
Under Night In-Birth EXE:Late

Just got a wireless adapter so I could use my 360 fighting stick. I'll probably have to invest in a better stick in the future. But, right now just trying to get more familiar with the games so I'm not super horrible on-line.

Last edited:

Caprica Orange

Pao Pao cafe VIP,
20 Year Member
Got an Hyper 64 board with Wild Ambition hooked up in the cab last night... forgot how much I liked this game. Still feels like a solid fighter... So much, that I want to check out the Samsho's on Hyper 64....

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
IMHO all 4 games are really solid. You already have the board, mind as well go for it, they're not expensive or at least they shouldn't be. Buriki One is an acquired taste but it's a lot of fun once you get it and have friends to play it with. I used to play that a lot with DZ and FR, good times. FFWA is definitely the best out of the 4 but the samsho games have a lot of aura, beautiful portrait arts, prolly the best part, the kills can be downright amazing, the mood of the game is tangible, everything that isn't 3D is done beautifully, everything that is 3D is pretty much up to par with the times of 3D graphics, maybe not as good as Tekken...maybe? Still very good! Wait until you make your first kill on Samsho II, holy shit!

Edit: I've been playing Tekken 7, HD Remix and 3rdS, flaking the rust off and getting back in gear, ready for all of you fuckers!

Last edited:

Caprica Orange

Pao Pao cafe VIP,
20 Year Member
IMHO all 4 games are really solid. You already have the board, mind as well go for it, they're not expensive or at least they shouldn't be. Buriki One is an acquired taste but it's a lot of fun once you get it and have friends to play it with. I used to play that a lot with DZ and FR, good times. FFWA is definitely the best out of the 4 but the samsho games have a lot of aura, beautiful portrait arts, prolly the best part, the kills can be downright amazing, the mood of the game is tangible, everything that isn't 3D is done beautifully, everything that is 3D is pretty much up to par with the times of 3D graphics, maybe not as good as Tekken...maybe? Still very good! Wait until you make your first kill on Samsho II, holy shit!

Edit: I've been playing Tekken 7, HD Remix and 3rdS, flaking the rust off and getting back in gear, ready for all of you fuckers!

Been watching some vids of the Samsho 64's, no kidding about the mood, incredible atmosphere!

Been playing a ton of Street Fighter V thanks to Abigail being added. I missed Hugo and this is a big improvement over him. Sure, there are still bad matchups, but having so many ways to stage a comeback beats "pray for Gigas Breaker to land" any day.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I'm really enjoying SFV online at the moment. I'm rubbish, but scraping by and hovering around the Super Bronze level at the moment. I think I need a new character, because I've always been Ryu and his moves are too predictable.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
It's been Karnov's Revenge and FFS for me.

It's cool to see some HNG64 love in here. The unblockable Heat Blow attacks in FFWA put a very interesting spin on the established real bout formula. The change in pressure options in this entry really help separate it from the rest of the garou series, while the defensive attack move helped ensure that aggressive block strings could still be punished beyond the more limited breakshot mechanic. It's not highly balanced by any means, but the changes help the title to be more than just a 3d retread of the real bout games for those who want to dive deeper.

Buriki is indeed an acquired taste, but features a unique brand of gameplay that can become quite addictive once given a chance. Great game that totally deserves a rerelease of some sort imho.