What Fighting Games are you playing ATM?

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Electric- Id be down to train on some Ninja Masters and some World Heroes Perfect. Never played NM, but ill have to mess around with it for 20 mins and see what characters suits my style then catch some games this week. Apparently the guys at my shop wanna go on strike due to some back pay that we keep getting dicked around about for the last few months. So i might have time atleast for the rest of today and tomorrow to mess around with it.

Shin- Im game for all those, you probably will get me at RB2 since i havent it played it very much in a long time. But im always down

Shin9999

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
Hey don't leave me out of the fun! LMK when you wanna have some games too! I'm down for anything!

As for SFA2 custom combos, don't worry too much, start with a flurry of HP, just spam it and maybe finish it with a special, takes decent health, sounds cool and it makes you look like you know what you're doing. A2 customs combos are quick, not a whole lot of time to get fancy so don't, just go for damage.
Lol, aight! I have been stuck trying to get these halloween skins in overwatch so I am going to take a break from that soon and get to some fighting games. Do you all play Kabuki Klash as well? I booted this up on the multicart over the weekend and had a ton of fun with Kabuki himself. The bosses aren't that bad as the reviews state they are. Hell Orochi in 97 was worse than all 3 bosses from kabuki Klash.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Honestly , I'm down to play alot if games. These neo fighters are fun and easy to pick up. Whenever you get fightcade setup you will be able to play me or electric, I'm usually free on week nights after I run

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Seriously considering pulling the trigger on this Skullgirls 2nd Encore limited run for my PS4. Should I do it? I've heard plenty of good things about the game but have never actually played it.

Skullgirls is pretty great, though I've only really played vanilla. It's very much like Marvel vs. Capcom 2 in terms of how it feels, imo. It's fast, it's flashy (superb animation), and it's all about big combos. It has one of the better tutorials for a fighter as well.

I'm not a huge fan of the art style, but I don't think you'll be disappointed.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
I played a bunch of Breakers tonight. For a blatant Street Fighter clone, it's actually really fun. The art design and music is pretty mediocre, but the animations are great and the specials are flashy. This might be an unpopular opinion around here, but I think Breakers might be one of my top 2-3 mvs fighters.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I played a bunch of Breakers tonight. For a blatant Street Fighter clone, it's actually really fun. The art design and music is pretty mediocre, but the animations are great and the specials are flashy. This might be an unpopular opinion around here, but I think Breakers might be one of my top 2-3 mvs fighters.

You sound like a blatant dork

Last edited:

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Been playing alot of snk chaos, i really like the characters and the gameplay alot. Also kicking some ass at samurai spirits 3. I like it better then the first 2.

zinho

Kula's Candy
15 Year Member
I was playing some World Heroes 2 on an emulator cause I sold my WH2 AES cart. Now I feel like buying it again.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Been playing alot of snk chaos, i really like the characters and the gameplay alot. Also kicking some ass at samurai spirits 3. I like it better then the first 2.

great choice, i play svc chaos at least once a week. i really like playing as akuma, sagat and violent ken, as well as enjoy the move sets of the snk characters. but i certainly wouldn't pick samurai shodown 3 over 2 :D.

elGRIZZbo

Mr. Big's Thug
great choice, i play svc chaos at least once a week. i really like playing as akuma, sagat and violent ken, as well as enjoy the move sets of the snk characters. but i certainly wouldn't pick samurai shodown 3 over 2 :D.

Samurai Shodown II is fantastic but it does have flaws like the brief invincibility when the POW meter gets full. I still love it but overall I think Samurai Shodown IV is a better fighting game. It's just a bummer that IV doesn't include Earthquake, Gen-An or Nicotine Caffeine.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Samurai Shodown II is fantastic but it does have flaws like the brief invincibility when the POW meter gets full. I still love it but overall I think Samurai Shodown IV is a better fighting game. It's just a bummer that IV doesn't include Earthquake, Gen-An or Nicotine Caffeine.

I'm not trying to insult you, but if you're complaining about the invincibility POW activation,you realize Samurai Shodown IV is hella broken right? Play some of the players on Fightcade sometime and you'll see how broken it is. I know there are a ton of infinites. Personaly though it's still a fun game, but it's very broken.

Been playing a lot of SFV. Starting to enjoy Ryu vs Urien match a lot. Also been goofin on FFRBS and FFRB2. Got to Nightmare Geese on MVS of FFRBS.He seems way harder then the Saturn version. Want to get the extra match on FFRB2 (Alfred I think)

elGRIZZbo

Mr. Big's Thug
I'm not at all insulted, Mr Bakaboy. I completely respect your perspective as you're certainly more knowledgeable about the SS franchise than I am if you've played on FightCade. I am wondering, however, if rumors are true and a new Samurai Shodown game gets released next year - which previous installment will it most play like? A mix between II and IV would suit me just fine.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Honestly I'm just a casual gamer on Samurai Shodown, but I play a lot of people online that whip my butt. The new one will probably be closer to SSII since it seems they are going for an easier to pick up style, but since it's Samurai Shodown we're talking about here and it's all about being a complex, deep game who knows.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy

I've been playing alittle svc here and there. I really enjoy it, it's a great game. Broken at times , but tons of fun.

zinho

Kula's Candy
15 Year Member
I played Street Fighter V with my buddy the "Freezer" man this afternoon. Completed Story Mode by alternating the controller and a whole bunch of Versus against him. Really missing the Arcade Mode though cause those cutscenes are a drag.

Sikleflaming

Quiz Detective
I played Street Fighter V with my buddy the "Freezer" man this afternoon. Completed Story Mode by alternating the controller and a whole bunch of Versus against him. Really missing the Arcade Mode though cause those cutscenes are a drag.

I don't know how you got through that travesty only playing half the battles, I almost fell asleep playing all of them. I was one of the suckers who was excited for a street fighter story mode too, thought it would be new-mortal-combat-esque and it was not.

Back to the thread, I took a break from games for a while but I've started playing vampire savior in earnest recently. Gave it up for a bit because I was getting frustrated trying to play it like any other Capcom fighter but my god those sprites and backgrounds are so beautiful so I couldn't stay away. It gets a lot more fun when you realize every character has a billion commands most of which are super funky (Lei-Lei's lk hk mp mp tap up is absurd but I've made the conscious decision that I love it). Anyway always looking for someone to play with that hasn't been playing since literally 1997 so hit me up on fightcade if you're into vampire nonsense.

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
Currently getting my tail tanned by Fatal Fury Special. It's always a joy to return to but you gotta earn those wins.

Ip Man

15 Year Member
Currently getting my tail tanned by Fatal Fury Special. It's always a joy to return to but you gotta earn those wins.

easily my favourite fighter of that era. i even play it more than street fighter 2. which characters do you use the most?.

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
easily my favourite fighter of that era. i even play it more than street fighter 2. which characters do you use the most?.

Agreed, twinned with KOF95 its my fave era too. I mainly play as Geese or Kim, not a hardcore player by any means, game is pure graft. The Tung and Mae stages are some of the best on the system.

Ip Man

15 Year Member
Agreed, twinned with KOF95 its my fave era too. I mainly play as Geese or Kim, not a hardcore player by any means, game is pure graft. The Tung and Mae stages are some of the best on the system.

geese and kim are sweet and are two of my faves as well as the bogard brothers and tung. i agree on the stages. the effort and detail that went into the stages of fatal fury special and samurai shodown 2 were some of the highlight of the games. even a lot of the later games in both series lacked in the stages in comparison.

elGRIZZbo

Mr. Big's Thug
I'm playing Samurai Shodown III on my Wii and trying to figure out why this awesome game is considered so polarizing. The art style is gorgeous and the sound track while not as catchy as that of SS II and IV is still very good.