What Fighting Games are you playing ATM?

Wookiemeat

Super Spy Agent
20 Year Member
Loved where u could kick people into lava and there skeleton would fly into screen and Shakey Jakes "know that's a knife"

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Played MVC1 on PSN. God, Strider is soooo good.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
what a masterpiece that was... I still recall the first time I tried it using those 3D0 demo disks EB use to sell for 5$

Are you guys serious? I had SSF2T for the 3DO and a demo version of Way of the Warrior when I was growing up. I played Super 2 Turbo all the time and thought Way of the Warrior was garbage. I know it's been a while, but has WotW gathered a cult following or something?

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
I just got Samurai Spirits Sen for the X2. I'm not into the 3d fighters really so I wasn't expecting it to change my life. It's decent but I'd still play SS2 or SS4 over it any day.

Luciano

Crossed Swords Squire
I played Sen in Japan when it came into the Arcade. Actually I liked it, but as you said I prefer SS 2, 3 and 4.

pipes

I played Sen in Japan when it came into the Arcade. Actually I liked it, but as you said I prefer SS 2, 3 and 4.

Yeah, don't get me wrong, it's a good 3d fighter; probably one of the better ones I've played. The graphics are really nice and it plays great but I prefer 2d fighters. I'll definitely spend more time on it so maybe it'll grow on me a bit more.

Luciano

Crossed Swords Squire
Same here.
I really liked the dark presentation of sen though. Sadly it didnt made it to the ps3 and i dont have a 360.

pipes

Yeah, dark is definitely an understatement. It really gives off a cool vibe because its so gloomy. I actually enjoy that part of it as well.

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
Persona 4: Arena in story mode.
Almost immediately went into the settings and changed them so I could hold right trigger
or bumper to get to the actual fighting part of the fighting game.

Then, I took a look at the move list. I've gone through three characters.
Everybody is set up on quarter circle movements.
Not that you'll need them.

I've been able to clear story mode fights by rushing, getting the first hit on X, and continually mashing X until the opponent is knocked down into the corner. Once they're up, you can normally already be in stun range ready to mash X again.

I'm sure I'm missing out on actual story. But forty five minutes of reading for a one round fight seems to be really doing things wrong.

Oh, and yet another series who has a character on the Akira look-alike list.

Went from that back to Super Street Fighter II HD Remix and used Zangief for a while.

Luciano

Crossed Swords Squire
Player the hell out of SS4 and Garou. Still the best Fighting games around.

Wookiemeat

Super Spy Agent
20 Year Member
Giving Double Dragon on original gameboy a play through, it's a quality conversion even the levels they changed for the inferior hardware.

Little gem of a game u could carry around with you in early 90s.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
I played SkullGirls for the first time a few nights ago. God what a piece of shit.

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
Got tired of playing the SF Alpha/Zero series in 480i on my PS2 anthology collection and bought the Saturn versions. For 240p over the years, I only have owned Alpha 1, Zero 2 and Alpha 3 for my PS1, but playing them on the Saturn is the way to go.

Also, been playing Marvel Origins on 360. Glad they released this since I don't have good Dreamcast stick and the earlier ports of Marvel Super Heroes are flawed (yes, even the Saturn port whether you pick 1MB mode or not).