What Fighting Games are you playing ATM?

Liq_Wurm

Krauser's Henchman
Ninja Masters! was playin it with a buddy and we were pullin some chrazy moves & multi hit combos with some chrazy characters! I really like how you can unsheath your blade by hitting :B:+:C: buttons.

fun stuff

Caprica Orange

Pao Pao cafe VIP,
20 Year Member
Yeah, been playing it for 4 hours straight yesterday with some mates, really amazing when you get skilled in Ninja Masters what kind of crazy shit you can pull. The matches are getting intense too, give it some time and its a golden vs. fighter no doubt.

I've played some SvC today but dang, what was playmore smoking making this game...

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I've been playing KOF 95 a lot on the X. I hadn't really played this much since the PSX port way back when since I prefer 96, but this is still good stuff. The bad thing is that I forgot how to beat Omega Rugal, I'm lucky if I can hit him.

NGCDFreak

Belnar Institute Student
Ive been playing King of Fighters Dream match 99, and Evolution on the Dreamcast great titles anyone who has a Dreamcast should pick these titles up.

Last edited:

cyriades

Super Spy Agent
Mostly KoF96 and 97, plus some Fatal Fury Special, World Heroes 1 and 2, and Real Bout Fatal Fury 2 on my cab.

Now that I've had my Neo Geo X for a few days I've dug into World Heroes Perfect and Real Bout Fatal Fury Special a lot more. I don't like the gameplay in World Heroes Perfect any better than WH2, but I ain't gonna lie, K.Dragon and Muscle Power are pretty fun in Perfect.

I'm also starting to understand why some like Real Bout Special better than 2, but I love both dearly. It feels like a few characters were nerfed in 2 though, as compared to Special.

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
Super Street Fighter 2 HD the other day.
They messed with the inputs for supers. > : (
Zangief is a FIGHTING MACHINE.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Just got a Type X2 m/b so I played a bit of this last night....

SF4.jpg

pipes

Thanks Lantus!

That was the first time I played that game in a cab and it was awesome. I was wondering how it would play in 4:3 but it's great, no issues. Hopefully I can try out some of the other games I have for it soon.

BTW, I'm looking forward to seeing some gameplay footage of that Turtles in Time board you just received.

Zeek

n00b
Home: a little AOF2 and SS (got both Shodown and Spirits - so whatever cart I drunkenly grab)
MVS: KoF 2002
NGPC: SS
NGX: FF Special
NGCD: KoF 96

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I picked up the Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collector's Set for PS3 last week. My buddy and I have been playing a lot of SSF2T, Alpha 2/3, and Third Strike. Good times. I need to get a different pad/stick, though. The PS3 DualShock d-pad is giving me crazy thumb blisters. *flashbacks to the PS1 days*

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Hehe, loaded up Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters today...it's not a great fighter, but I still love it.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Hehe, loaded up Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters today...it's not a great fighter, but I still love it.

I was huge into tmnt so naturally loved those games, I was actually playing the snes one just the other day, but the first one I owned was the genny version back then.

pipes

I just got KoF XIII working on my Taito x2. This game wasn't liking the fact that my cab wasn't running any coin mechs for some reason so I had to sort that out. Finally got to play it last night. Great game! It's a huge leap from all the MVS ones I'm used to playing.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
tried out Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. Control scheme seems a little dumbed-down, which wasn't so bad but I was the game was in full 2D. Morrigan looks awful in polygons..............

for the most part though, I did enjoy it.

Caprica Orange

Pao Pao cafe VIP,
20 Year Member
Gave Real Bout Special a try on my AES today, I always thought RB2 to be the best, after about 3 hours straight in RBS, I feel shit for not playing this game back in '96 AND for thinking RB2 was the better game....

NeoEsZ

Camel Slug,
20 Year Member
RBS vs. RB2 is an eternal battle that tortures any real fighting enthusiast. Which game to play? Which one should I sink the time into? Don't even try to play both, you'll have inputs and chains confused and eat dirt quickly. I feel like I like the core gameplay of RB2 more, but the music, character selection, character interaction and cutscenes of RBS more.
Real Bout Dominated Mind for the PSX is a nice middle ground, but it's still missing Xiangfei and Rick...

I have no idea why they couldn't have made a Real Bout with Xiangfei, Rick, Alfred, Nightmare Geese, White, the EX characters from Special and all the normally playable characters in RB2's engine, or even a sequel with a slightly upgraded engine.

Wookiemeat

Super Spy Agent
20 Year Member
Moved onto decapitating my enemy's in Barbarian on C64 love how the little goblin drags body off the screen while kicking severed head!

Super street fighter II turbo on the 3DO, this is a really good game and i am amazed at the capabilities of the 3DO