What Fighting Games are you playing ATM?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
PI2 is great as well 'cause of the transformations, Legends broke up the transformations in order to have a more robust roster, they are both great games that completement each other.

Hey, how about Shin Matrimelee, oh my lord does the PS2 never looked better with the sprites on progressive scan, so sweet!

Wish there was a board for it.

eathis

Tarma's Gun Polisher
I love Power Insticnt series too guys.
I'm a big fan, love the gameplay, love the characters, really really love the musics with the voices.
These games are awesome and really unique.

You can't found something like this in the other fighting game series.

In my collection I got:
_Power Insticnt Legend (arcade PCB japanese version)
_Groove On Fight (Sega STV)
_Matrimelee (MVS)
_Matrimelee Matsuri (on my Taito Type X2 multigame)

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Jesus! I wasn't aware of Matsuri was for the Type X2, is it one in the same with Shin Goketsuji? You know the PS2 release with the same sprite work from Matrimelee but reworked bars and portraits plus my man...
Bobby_Ologun.jpg

I got

Power Instinct (Super Famicom)
Power Instinct 2 (PSX)
Power Instinct Legends (PCB)
Groove on Fight (Saturn)
Matrimeele (MVS)
Shin Gouketsuji (PS2)

actionking

n00b
Nice, some Gouketsuji fans :)

I also own some
Gōketsuji Ichizoku (Mega Drive)
Gōketsuji Ichizoku 2 (PSX)
Groove on Fight (Saturn)
Matrimelee (AES and MVS kit atm, but I may sell my MVS one)

I still need the one for PS2 and the one for X2 (maybe in a mulit boot SSD).
Is Legends any fun if you own 1 or 2?

spoonz

Quiz Detective
Just picked up Guilty Gear XX #Reload on steam, going to try the netplay hack later on.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Is Legends any fun if you own 1 or 2?

Legends is awesome but the transformations are gone in favor of separate characters. It works like Capcom Fighting Jam (Just good for funnions) where you choose one character out of 2 each round. If it was tag, it could have destroyed Groove on Fight.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I gotta get me one of them 6 tags for the Saturn and have a royal with Groove on Fight 4 players.

All I'm gonna say is, MVC DC 4 Players is the best party game for a fighting gathering.

actionking

n00b
Legends is awesome but the transformations are gone in favor of separate characters. It works like Capcom Fighting Jam (Just good for funnions) where you choose one character out of 2 each round. If it was tag, it could have destroyed Groove on Fight.

Cheers, dude!
Sounds actuallly like fun. The pcb isn't expensive, so I may give it a try :)

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
MAME it up first, the PCB isn't super expensive nor rare but you know, just in case it's not what you expect.

actionking

n00b
Alone the fact that it is a Gōketsuji is worth the money. So I'm totally fine, even without playing it :cool:

But maybe I have to try it on mame, because I couldn't fine a PCB on gfront nor yaj....
Last time I checked it the PCB was about 10k yen.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I agree, anything Gouketsuji Clan is worth every penny.

slps00104back.jpg

attachment.php

Mamacita transformation...

actionking

n00b
The very best back cover ever <3
Can remeber when I saw this back cover in a retro shop in Japan for the first time. Was an instant buy :D

Range Murata's artwork is in generally gorgeous! Love them all. Also for the Psikyo games (together with the ones from Tsukasa Jun).

Underboobs are also quite nice ;)
anime-61466132a7fab40dda9c5cca2a3e431e_h.jpg

eathis

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Jesus! I wasn't aware of Matsuri was for the Type X2, is it one in the same with Shin Goketsuji? You know the PS2 release with the same sprite work from Matrimelee but reworked bars and portraits plus my man...
Bobby_Ologun.jpg

I got

Power Instinct (Super Famicom)
Power Instinct 2 (PSX)
Power Instinct Legends (PCB)
Groove on Fight (Saturn)
Matrimeele (MVS)
Shin Gouketsuji (PS2)

:lolz: awesome picture, first time I see that^^

Shin Goketsuji on PS2 is not the Taito Type X2 version.
Shin Goketsuji on PS2 is an updated version of Matrimelee on MVS.
Same graphics, same backgrounds but with more characters compare to MVS.

"Goketsuji Ichizoku Matsuri: Senzo Kuyou / Power Instinct: The Commemoration" edited on Taito Type X2 is a complete new episode.
IMO this episode is much more better than Matrimelee (which was already a great game).
When you play it you directly feel the difference between MVS and TTX2.
This episode is really awesome. They added little special animations when you confirm some of your super moves, graphically better, great backgrouds with of lots of colors, great musics (with voices as usual for PI game), there are new characters and many other things.

Here is a vidéo of japanese matches (a tournament of 2012), you wiil also see some of the little animations during super moves I was talking about but if you wanna ear musics and take a look to graphics search videos in better quality:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cATqWvrNGGI

In the character select screen you see in the beginning of the video there are 3 lines of characters, the 5 characters in the first line are all characters to unlock. You can't choose them at the beginning expect if you directly install the save file with all characters unlock, that's what I did in my TTX2 multigame HDD.

The wrong new is that there are not all characters of the other PI episodes in this version.

Doesn't really matter I looooooooooovvvvveeeeeeeeeeee this game!!!!!!!!!!

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
^ Damn! Thanks for the video...not really, I'm having withdraws at not having access to this, it's your fault...it's killing me!

Ruffles!

The very best back cover ever <3
Can remeber when I saw this back cover in a retro shop in Japan for the first time. Was an instant buy :D

Range Murata's artwork is in generally gorgeous! Love them all. Also for the Psikyo games (together with the ones from Tsukasa Jun).

Underboobs are also quite nice ;)
anime-61466132a7fab40dda9c5cca2a3e431e_h.jpg

Range Mutara 4LF!!!

Last edited:

actionking

n00b
Holy shit, those sticks are awesome :eek:

Love the Mai stick :buttrock:

Are those yours?
If yes, you're making me quite jelly now ;)

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Yeah, I made them from scratch back when I used to build sticks.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Jumping on the Gouketsuji bandwagon, I've got:

PI1 (SNES) - since sold actually
PI3 (Saturn)
PI4 (AES)
PI4.5 (PS2)

Still want PI2 for PS1 as well. They really should have released that Taito X2 update on XBL and PSN as a DLC title.

Also, I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I don't particularly rate Groove-On-Fight tbh. I find it horribly wooden and has severely lacking animation. The 1st and 4th are much better, I think.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Groove on Fight is allright, I think the 4Player aspect is where the fun lies, some characters are also pretty cool but you're right, stiffy stifferson for sure.

eathis

Tarma's Gun Polisher
^ Damn! Thanks for the video...not really, I'm having withdraws at not having access to this, it's your fault...it's killing me!

Ruffles!

:lolz:Sorry ElectricGrave^^ I understand you, this game is the reason why I buy my TTX2 mobo :).

If you don't have an arcade cab or a supergun and if you don't want to buy it only for this game, you can play PI5 on your PC, the game is dump.
This is not the original hardware but it can do the job if you have a good PC.

About Groove On Fight, I was a little disappointed by it too because it doesn't look like the other episodes of PI.
But after playing it, I slowly begin to enjoy it, this is not the version I prefer but it's not a bad game I think.