What Fighting Games are you playing ATM?

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
Shit! I didn't know you had Final Fight Revenge!

If you don't, this is a pretty good troll to all those " SF II is my bloody favorite beat 'em up" members out there.

Sorry I ruined it.

This is why we can't have nice things!!!

actionking

n00b
Yesterday I played on a rather small fighting game event FHD with a friend. It has been a long time since I played FHD, but I was surprised how good it is O_O
It don't feel a bit like an typical 1994ish fighting game. It is so fast, has back dash, chain combos, possibilties to cancel everything into everything and so on. Char design is also good (at least for me). Zazie ftw :D

Awesome game :buttrock:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Yesterday I played on a rather small fighting game event FHD with a friend. It has been a long time since I played FHD, but I was surprised how good it is O_O
It don't feel a bit like an typical 1994ish fighting game. It is so fast, has back dash, chain combos, possibilties to cancel everything into everything and so on. Char design is also good (at least for me). Zazie ftw :D

Awesome game :buttrock:

Excellent new member post! Zazie all the way! Do you know all about the hidden moves?

actionking

n00b
If you mean Zazie's up, down+K, yes. Kinda stupid motion and can be made only out of a combo, though :annoyed:

The others I know also. I read once the SRK wiki and watched some Japanese match videos (mostly TRF).

Today I played it again. Sad thing is that this game has no debug switches for invincibility. I have an older AES mod (before Unibios) and I can only simulate a practive mode, when I set invincibility on, but afaik this is missing in FHD :(

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
FHD for life and yet we didn't get to play it last time we played games!

actionking, yeah I know all about the unibios practice mode, that's how I perfected my Geese cheapness on FFS.

So the question of the day is; B/C switcheroo right?!

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
FHD for life and yet we didn't get to play it last time we played games!

actionking, yeah I know all about the unibios practice mode, that's how I perfected my Geese cheapness on FFS.

So the question of the day is; B/C switcheroo right?!

I'd say no EG vs. ASID in Karnov's was the only flaw in that meet up.

Still, 10/10.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Absolutely a 10/10 I had a blast. Always a real treat to play with high caliber skill like yours man. Your Karnov's game is so much better than mine though but I still love it!

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Absolutely a 10/10 I had a blast. Always a real treat to play with high caliber skill like yours man. Your Karnov's game is so much better than mine though but I still love it!

IDK. Evansugerwater had me evenly matched.

EDIT: It's a treat to play against high caliber skills like YOURS.

And it's a punishment to play against djdelly's.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
IDK. Evansugerwater had me evenly matched.

EDIT: It's a treat to play against high caliber skills like YOURS.

And it's a punishment to play against djdelly's.

DJD's ninja will meet then end of his frog loving days next time we meet. It's over DJ! You hear me?! Done!

Back to you, Evansugarwater?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Oh, I see.

B/C switcheroo mandatory for me, what say you FHD contenders?

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
UMVC3 and Ultra SFIV. Seems like I'm having the most fun with Marvel, but deep down I wish I was playing 3s or ST. I wouldn't mind getting back into 3SO, but I'd rather play local opponents.

sperryman

n00b
I've been trying to play Samurai Showdown II lately, but I refuse to look up any special moves so it is difficult to say the least. Also picked up Street Fighter II for the SNES and have been meaning to hook up my console, that was one of my favorites of all time.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Been tinkering with SF x Tekken lately. I don't understand why this game is so profusely hated (I'm pretty sure for most people its bandwaggon hate and the on disc DLC shit). Its pretty damn fun and has lots style going for it.

I like it.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
The hate more stems from matches never ending before timeout occurs. At least when played at a tourney level.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
The timeouts went way down after the 2013 patch (higher damage, less healing). The tournament crowd hates it because matches are boring (no comeback mechanics) and mostly revolve around fishing for high-priority jabs/shorts in to dialing in to tag in to optimal combo. The casual crowd hates it because of bad word of mouth (thanks to gems, on-disc DLC and tournament players trashing it).

I don't think it's terrible but it's easily the worst of the 3 major Capcom releases last-gen.

cornerstone

King's Dry Cleaner
Isn't Pandora the designated comeback mechanic? Regardless the game really is just about fishing for those tag in combos.

I don't mind gems but fuck Capcom for trying to make me pay for more characters they've already designed and could have put in the regular release.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Darkstalkers Ressurection. Since the 360 version is $5 people are coming out of the woodwork. Told a ton of people on my friends list to get on it too. Been trying to help the new players get into it.

wonamik

Armored Scrum Object
Actaully not a big fan of fighting games BUT, I been playing Garou Mark of the Wolf on emulator lately and IT IS AMAZING! Will totally get it when I get rich.