What Fighting Games are you playing ATM?

Jacen

Rugal's Thug
I'm playing KOF XIII, I'm thinking about picking up TTT2 and DOA5.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Mugicha/Pipes:

To be fair, the SF of that era was Zero 3 Upper, and the KOF was 01... both are a bit shite.... Previous KOFs, and SFZ2A/3S/2I were better games.

That said, Martial Masters is surprisingly fun. Haven't played it for more than an hour or two, and I'll say it's not brilliang in terms of gameplay or graphics, but it's got the core of a nice solid fighter.

Well, to be fair, Zero 3 Upper was just a re-release of SF: Zero 3 which came out in 1998 (technically the same game). SF3: 3rd Strike which came out in 1999 would be the game I was referring to in that comparison. By era, I didn't necessarily mean the year 2001 exclusively. Everyone has their own opinion obviously but I think MM holds up very well to 3rd Strike and is better in terms of graphics and animation to any of the KoF games on the Neo, regardless of year.

Last edited:

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
How many folks are online with KOF13? I'd like to pick it up and play it, but I don't want to blow $30 and get nothing out of it.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
How many folks are online with KOF13? I'd like to pick it up and play it, but I don't want to blow $30 and get nothing out of it.

I'll send you mine. If you like it, give me enough MS points to get the GOD version. If you don't like it-send it back to me.

Shit is top tier, online or not. My favorite KoF by a country mile.

Fayk

Cheng's Errand Boy
I'll send you mine. If you like it, give me enough MS points to get the GOD version. If you don't like it-send it back to me.

Shit is top tier, online or not. My favorite KoF by a country mile.

The netcode IS shit though. Really sadly. I'm not even a huge KOF fan per se, but if KOF14 was literally KOF13 + something as decent as GGPO I'd buy it day one.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
The netcode IS shit though. Really sadly. I'm not even a huge KOF fan per se, but if KOF14 was literally KOF13 + something as decent as GGPO I'd buy it day one.

YMMV, I guess...in my experience, the 360 rev was serviceable Pre-patch, and then STELLAR post patch.

I remember pointing out differences between the 360 & PS3 rev in the original XIII thread, & as I no longer have a PS3 I'm not sure hot that rev plays post-patch.

Real talk; just this week, I had better XIII connections than VF5fs connections.

My XIII games are > 90% like we are in the same room...and that's w/ me hosting over POTS DSL, not some crazy T setup or jacked into a DS3 ring.

fernandeath

Morden's Lackey
THE year 's at the spring,
And day 's at the morn;
Morning 's at seven;
The hill-side 's dew-pearl'd;
The lark 's on the wing;
The snail 's on the thorn;
God 's in His heaven—
All 's right with the world!

You can guess which game I'm currently playing.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Yie Ar Kung Fu

kungfu-arcade.png

Foopy

n00b
I've been playing lots of P4A with fits of Melty interspersed.

I plan on playing a lot more once I get my MVS up and running, though!

NGCDFreak

Belnar Institute Student
KOF XIII on the 360 some SNK Saturn ports & Vampire Savior on my Saturn.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
BLazblue Calamity 360, just popped the US copy in my jp360 and found out it's region-free:)

Last edited:

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
currently Street Fighter 3: 2nd Impact. LOVE it.

Fuzzytaco

Long Dong Silver.,
10 Year Member
CvS2, prolly in my all time top 5, as well as SFZ 3 upper, I would play more SFZ 2 but my monitor doesn't seem to like 15khz for some reason.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Virtua Fighter 4 Final Tuned, has this game gotten me back into VF or WHAT! damn I missed this game.