What Fighting Games are you playing ATM?

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
Just got the KOF 00/01 & 02/03 sets in for PS2. Now I finally have all the proper KOFs ('94-XIII) assembled again so it looks like I'm going on a KOF bender.

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
Tekken 6.
I don't know why, really. I'm really glad Tekken Tag 2 fixed this.
But, forcing me through their "Tekken Force" story to unlock characters to use in the
colloseum to see arcade story doesn't feel fun. It feels like busy work.

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
Played some Last Bronx today for the first time in years.

That game is fun as hell. It's a shame it's not more widely known.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Im playing Killer Intinct 3 right now in my head, shit is glorious!

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Playing Breaker's Revenge and Savage Reign on the mvs cab.

KagerouSama

15 Year Member
WWE All Stars.
The loading! Ugh!
There's loading to tell me what the match is.
There's loading for ring intro.
There's loading for the character intros.
Then, it loads the actual match.
The Unlock All Code got disabled in one of the later patches, too. Fun.
But, after the near gig of patches go by, it's just okay.
Hit detection is weird.
If your opponent goes to the top turnbuckle in the corner,
the safest place for you to go is into that same turnbuckle once he jumps.
Because the game will have you home to an opponent position in or out of the ring, but won't return that player
to where he started from.

If your opponent is face-down on the mat, don't bother jumping from a turnbuckle until he's back on his feet.
Otherwise, the game can't reconsile the hit and no damage is given.
There's also no per-character in-game indicator how close you have to be to perform an all-star finisher.
With Randy Savage, there's some lucky guess work in that he'll jump to a turnstile and auto jump to the finish
if the opponent is in range.
But, more often than not, your all-star finisher will put you into auto animation and get you hurt.
But, it's so risk-reward that there's no reason to not attempt an all-star finish if you have the chance.

mr aize

Dodgeball Yakuza
Just got my umk3 board working so i've been playing that all week... Still getting my ass handed to me by the ai though... More than a little annoying, have to do some research and find a few exploits.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
In celebration of Capcom's 30th birthday, I threw Street Fighter Zero 2 Alpha in the blast city today:)

Don

Camel Slug
In celebration of Capcom's 30th birthday, I threw Street Fighter Zero 2 Alpha in the blast city today:)

Great Choice :drool:

I've been rocking that in my Supergun.

That and Xmen Children of Atom

Last edited:

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Been playing Street fighter Alpha 3, Super Street fighter 4 AE 2012, King Of Fighters 2000, And Samurai Shodown IV.

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
I have been playing Street Fighter III Third Strike recently and it's absolutely the finest Street Fighter game in existence, bar none, and arguably the finest fighter in existence.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I have been playing Street Fighter III Third Strike recently and it's absolutely the finest Street Fighter game in existence, bar none, and arguably the finest fighter in existence.

It's really, really good. Best SF game? I think so, too. Best fighter ever? Hmm, that's a tough one. It's definitely up there, along with KOF 98, MOTW, XvSF, MvC2, CvS2, GGX2, SSF2T, Killer Instinct, Super Smash Bros. and several 3D fighters - SoulCalibur 1/2, Tekken 3/Tag, and Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution.

Lord_Tibor

FLIPTASTIC PRICEJACKER!
Breakers, Samurai Shodown 2, Samurai Shodown 4, Last blade and DOUBLE DRAGON lol

KagerouSama

15 Year Member
Back to Tekken 6's Force Mode trudge. At least the colloseum roster is opening up.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Been playing Street fighter Alpha 3, Super Street fighter 4 AE 2012, King Of Fighters 2000, And Samurai Shodown IV.

Add Mortal Kombat 9 to the mix picked, it back up today been goin' round for round with my little brother.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Played some Last Bronx today for the first time in years.

That game is fun as hell. It's a shame it's not more widely known.
It might not be the best, but it's definitely my go to 3D fighter whenever I fire up the Saturn. I just have more fun with it than I do VF2, FV, DOA etc. I prefer the pacing of the gameplay and I really like the characters and general vibe of the game too. I'm all about Joe & Yoko myself.

Anyway...

Decided to give SFxTKN a go with a mate recently. We've been doing Tag-Team (2P) playthroughs team for team, just to see the crazy endings tbh. The whole Yoshimitsu & Raven partnership was quite amusing, although they really make out like Yoshimitsu is some sort of clueless Yoda Ninja or something. Developers should've played Tekken 2 beforehand...

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I've been on a NGPC kick lately. It's been all about MotM, Rockman Battle & Fighters, and KoF: R-2 for me.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Not a huge surprise, but I've been going back to MVC2 online on PSN and picking low tier teams to fight against all the Cables and Magnetos. Playing as Sabretooth, Silver Samurai, Charlie etc. makes the game a lot of fun again. No other game I can think of has character tiers this clearly defined.