What Fighting Games are you playing ATM?

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
I agree that the BAT Remix isn't as good as the PSX version of BAT graphically, but it does have the added story mode with voiced dialogue and the extra boss, Cupido, you just mentioned. The sound comes off okay to me, plus it's redbook audio, so you can pop the disc into your stereo/discman and listen to the tunes whenever you want.

Those added features are why I tend to spend more time with the saturn version despite its shortcomings. Toshinden 1 is a strange animal since it has no definitive version. The original japanese release has inferior music, the usa release features improved music but no added features, and the saturn version has inferior graphics and no improved music but has added content that fleshes out the characters and story.

Sikleflaming

Quiz Detective
Just got back from JAMMA City at NEC 17, it was a blast. Played a ton of third strike on those beautiful VS cities, and had the distinct honor of getting my ass kicked by Nica KO and some of the other big names in the American 3S scene.

Also got to play CVS2 for the first time, and oh my god how did I miss that game the first time around. It really is a blast to play, and I don't know how Capcom and SNK did it, but every character really does feel almost like they play from the games from their respective series. Jwong entered the CVS2 and blew me and pretty much everyone else out of the water but it was still a fun time.

Slightly unrelated note, but a couple of the Candy Cabs were Namco Cyber leads. I had never really given too much thought to non-Sega candies before this but that Cyber lead just felt luxurious, the control panel housing was huge and it just felt really good and sturdy and easy to play on. I think I might have a new favorite cab.

unofficialitguy

Hardened Shock Trooper
Currently in the Big Red: MOTW, The Last Blade 2, and SVC. Been playing MOTW and DOA5+ on the PSTV setup (no fightstick = sucks balls) and Skullgirls 2nd Encore on Steam using my TvC Wii fightstick Mayflash converter and big picture mode on the 4K TV.

Last edited:

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
Fatal Fury 3. My body can't handle all this politically incorrect bad assery. Collision is a little loose but I've had a blast playing through it today with different characters. It's no RB but a fun game regardless, gotta love the little details in those backgrounds. And kicking opponents over barriers.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Finally getting alittle into MOTW. Played it with a friend the other day and have had an itch to place since. I actually got to get some games with unofficialitguy last night. It was alot of fun. GGs man. I need to work on Break and Faint pressure/combo strings. I dont have much time behind this title though.

Last edited:

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Been playing a lot of Fighters History Dynamite this week. This game has a pretty nice soundtrack on the neo cd version and I love how this game plays like an interesting twist on the old street fighter 2 engine. Dashes, chaining normals and oldschool input reading difficulty make this game enjoyable for me whenever I come back to it.

Finally getting alittle into MOTW. Played it with a friend the other day and have had an itch to place since. I actually got to get some games with unofficialitguy last night. It was alot of fun. GGs man. Need to work on Break and Faint pressure/combo strings. I dont have much time behind this title though.

Whats up AJ. Are you playing MOTW on fightcade or psn?

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Playing a bunch of KoF 14 on the ps4. They did a really good job on it and its fun to play.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Whats up AJ. Are you playing MOTW on fightcade or psn?
I play on Fightcade, from what i hear it plays better than the psn version anyway. Not sure how good the xbox 360 is, no experience. Hmu , we should catch some matches!

We need to get Karnovs going on fightcade fellas! DDT4LF!!!

Hell yeah we do! DDDDynamite!

Im always down for some Karnovs Revenge. At the last CVS2 local tourney i went to i found acouple of guys that are into the game. It was fun going back and forth with that Ray Cheese. Im probably going to pick up karnov and zazie since we plan on doing a side tourney at the next cvs2/VS tourney happening

Electric- You been MIA dude, been wanting to catch some games mang

Last edited:

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Been playing a lot of SFV of late. Akuma is a shit ton of fun. It makes me worried the rest of the season 2 characters will be shit.

Other then that ran into a beast in 3rd strike who can parry like crazy against Ryu. Had fun working on disrupting timing with him. Rare to play top tier guys that are that laid back. Then again it was 3 in the morning. Not as many options to play at that time. My scrubby ass looks a lot better then.

NGCDFreak

Belnar Institute Student
At the moment I've been playing alot of Ultra Street Fighter 4 on the 360 and KOF XIV when I'm at my Mom's apartment until I get my own PS4 which will be soon hopefully.

Last edited:

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Currently trying to up my game at CvS2, Vampire Savior and Third Strike due to there being acouple tourneys in the next week for these. But ive been getting distracted with Mark of the wolves lately since i started to play it.

If anyone is down for some friendly matches on either of these games let me know.

mirkvid

n00b
Mostly working on my 1cc of Metal Slug, getting pretty close too. Some Darkstalkers 3 on Saturn and GTA:SA on PS4. All really fun games.

For some reason my 2 yo loves watching Darkstalkers...

Last edited:

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
CvS1 and KOF14 this week. It's almost time for my monthly fatal fury series playthrough though.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Currently trying to up my game at CvS2, Vampire Savior and Third Strike due to there being acouple tourneys in the next week for these. But ive been getting distracted with Mark of the wolves lately since i started to play it.

If anyone is down for some friendly matches on either of these games let me know.

I'd love to get games in with CVS2 but still can't figure out the online on demul. Would play MOTW on fightcade.

We're iced in today and yesterday so been playing online. Ran into my friends online and got a chance to play KOF XIII playing silky smooth. Playing that makes me realize how much I prefer it over KOF XIV. Also played KOF XIV, SFV, FFS, and SF x TK.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
I'd love to get games in with CVS2 but still can't figure out the online on demul. Would play MOTW on fightcade.

We're iced in today and yesterday so been playing online. Ran into my friends online and got a chance to play KOF XIII playing silky smooth. Playing that makes me realize how much I prefer it over KOF XIV. Also played KOF XIV, SFV, FFS, and SF x TK.

Im still waiting on my barcade, guy said it should be done beginning of feb, as soon as it get it ill set it up with demul and lyk how it goes.

Damn, you shouldve of pm'ed me this weekend or posted in the FC thread. Besides installing a MC board in side my hrap that already has a brook UFB and mounting the usb and rj45 jacks on my case i was free this weekend.
Let try and get some MOTW , SvC, VS and 3s sometime this week. Except Tues or Fri, those are tournament days

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
EDIT: Posted a thank you to AJ in the wrong thread.

On Topic: Gonna be on Dead or Alive 5: LR & the Fatal Fury series this week.

Last edited:

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Great matches AJ! Thanks for the games!

EDIT: On Topic: Gonna be on Dead or Alive 5: LR & the Fatal Fury series this week.
Yeah man GG's. You need to get FC setup so we can get some motw and other great fighters going. Id like to get some more Real Bout 2 going.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
just got hipped to Genesis Street Fighter 2 Special Champion Edition patches that fixes the audio and video issues.

Goddamn these fixes bring the port from a straight up waste kilobytes to an acceptable and almost good version of the game.

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
I recently picked up an XB1 and have been logging time into Killer Instinct. I like that they went back to their roots with an emphasis on combos and breaking them. I played a lot of the first 2 at the local arcades back in the day, and even enjoyed the Snes port to some extent, but they lost me with Gold. This one is a solid return to form, lots of fun.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Im still waiting on my barcade, guy said it should be done beginning of feb, as soon as it get it ill set it up with demul and lyk how it goes.

Damn, you shouldve of pm'ed me this weekend or posted in the FC thread. Besides installing a MC board in side my hrap that already has a brook UFB and mounting the usb and rj45 jacks on my case i was free this weekend.
Let try and get some MOTW , SvC, VS and 3s sometime this week. Except Tues or Fri, those are tournament days

I feel almost as impatient as you when it comes to that barcade. Hope it turns out great.

I'm probably modding a HRAP soon with silent sanwa buttons a buddy gifted me. Still debating on what board to use.

I need to find you, but my sleep schedule has been wacky at best. Finding you at 2A.M. seems kinda pointless. I need to get some kind of control on it.

Getting whooped online in RB2, 3S, TTT2, and XIV. Did have fun goofin on 98UM. I was playing super casually when the guy said 1st to 3. Always feel guilty going all out because it usually sucks the fun out when I turn everything to 50/50 vortex with Kim in the corner. Personally just not cut out to play cutthroat anymore.

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
just got hipped to Genesis Street Fighter 2 Special Champion Edition patches that fixes the audio and video issues.

Goddamn these fixes bring the port from a straight up waste kilobytes to an acceptable and almost good version of the game.

I salute your good taste. IMO the SSFII voice patch makes an even bigger difference in sample quality on that version but unfortunately the ear-rape music still leaves it damn near unplayable.

I recently picked up PSOne classic version of Outlaws of the Lost Dynasty (Suiko Fuun) as a blind buy and found it to be a surprisingly solid 2D fighter for the system. The backgrounds are completely static but the characters are well animated far beyond the slideshow travesties that most PS fighters are. Definitely worth $6 and has made me interested in the SS sequel.

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
Been really sick lately but was able to get in an hour of Samurai Shodown III.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
I salute your good taste. IMO the SSFII voice patch makes an even bigger difference in sample quality on that version but unfortunately the ear-rape music still leaves it damn near unplayable.

I recently picked up PSOne classic version of Outlaws of the Lost Dynasty (Suiko Fuun) as a blind buy and found it to be a surprisingly solid 2D fighter for the system. The backgrounds are completely static but the characters are well animated far beyond the slideshow travesties that most PS fighters are. Definitely worth $6 and has made me interested in the SS sequel.

I have a similar experience but with the Saturn. I bought it back in the day from JP shop in Little Tokyo when i was scooping up every Saturn i could find.

My friend and i put in a nice amount of hours into that game. I also ended up buying the US version a few years later but by that time i was over. Still a pretty good under the radar game. Ruan Xiao Qi was a dope character.