What Fighting Games are you playing ATM?

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Screwed around with it for a half an hour or so last night. I always hated the feel and the mechanics of the EX games (and this feels largely the same) but at least it's not as fugly as those games were.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Been playing alot of MVS and CPS2 fighters lately. Been playing abit more breakers revenge and karnovs revenge more than anything. This friday there is a local Mark of the Wolves tourney so ill be knocking off the rust in that game the next couple of days. After the tourney on stream im supposed to play one of the Karnov players to a FT5 for 2nd best Karnov player in houston title. After that i have to play this other dude that always beats me with Lee.
I actually got second place this past weekend on a online karnov tourney. They uploaded acouple of my matches

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Anybody playing Fighting Layer EX demo? Its a lot of fun. I have always love the SF EX series, would be awesome if they re-release them.

Tried it out. I want to like it, but really hating the hold a direction and a button specials. I tried classic mode, but it was still the same. Hoping that changes.

update: Tried it again guess the online was set to progressive the 1st time though I remember setting it to classic. Worked the 2nd time. Using both modes though it feels like users of progressive have a considerable advantage online. Similar to EO mode in CVS2 when it was on 360.

update2: Ok this might be my most anticipated title now. Really getting some time with it it's the 1st 2.5D fighter that really feels 2D. Hard to explain, but all 2d fighters have their own pace and feel. 2.5d feels kinda the same with just tweaks to delays to when moves come out or input delays in general. This game in general feels different. It takes a bit to get used to the feel of the game down and once you it reminds me of games like Darkstalkers. Again hard to put into words for me, but damn I'm impressed.

Last edited:

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
playing marvel vs street fighter on the saturn. kicking some ass with ken on my favourite vs game.

Turbogfx

Crazed MVS Addict
Being a casual Fighting game player, I started to get into The Last Blade on MVS, which is a phenomenal game. Okina is my character of choice.
I'd like to get your opinion on the following:
- Do you think Power or Speed is the appropriate mode for Okina? (I tend to do best when playing Power mode)
- How viable is the Deflect function in this game (D button)? It seems like a high risk move, leaving you completely vulnerable to attack when it whiffs, especially for a beginning player. I wonder how this is for experienced player (as in: should I force myself to use to more, or should I not even bother)

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I've been playing Kizuna Encounter here and there this past week.

I just learned Chung's infinite. It's pretty easy.

I find it strange though, how there's still very few combo videos for Kizuna. The Baratoz/NeoGeoXtreme video is really the only good one and that's from what...2003?

I've found a few others that look impressive but I'm pretty sure they're tool assisted.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I find it strange though, how there's still very few combo videos for Kizuna. The Baratoz/NeoGeoXtreme video is really the only good one and that's from what...2003?

I've found a few others that look impressive but I'm pretty sure they're tool assisted.

Did you also searched using japanese characters? I find it very helpful each time I search for good recordings, last time Border Down for example.

selfReg

n00b
I'm starting to play a lot of 2k2 UM on PS2/Steam/arcade. At first, 2k2 always intimidated me. But after getting acclimated to XIII and its (by mostly all 2k2 players' accounts) relatively easy HD system for a couple years, I'm coming at it now with a more solid understanding of the core mechanics. The neutral still feels a little odd and BC combos are all still extremely hard but I'm practicing the hell out of them. The Taiwanese players are ungodly at this game. I find myself getting lost in their sets on YouTube. This guy Niu Lang has the sickest Kusanagi I've ever seen.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
^ I watch a lot of Tetris Grandmaster for that can't actually be for real combos, but he usually messes w/ '98. Never really saw a good '02 player like him.

'02 UM is all about how much can you abuse shit. It's fun as fuck, but I know a lot of people that start out get in way over their head and quit soon after. Athena, Heidern, and Nameless can bring the salt, with all the spam but characters like Jhun, Terry, Takuma, and Kasumi can make you fell totally helpless if you don't have a firm grasp on the game.

neomeo

New Challenger
Dragon Ball Fighter Z. KoF 98. Need to learn the mechanics. quick jumps all the way

played garou mark of the wolves for the first time on my ps vita while visiting inlaws in vancouver for a week

gonna play sfv arcade edition after work today

weird...having issues trying to post...

the game was fun...i only used terry and butt...i couldnt beat it...the game was harder and more technical than i thought it would be which was nice...it was a quality port for the ps vita...but im looking forward to playing it with my fightstick on the ps4...i think i got it for 7.99 from the ps store for the vita and ps4 so it was a great deal!

Last edited:

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Fighter's History Dynamite learned how to ducking-hell fire with Zazie.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Played a bit of Guilty Gear Xrd Rev2, I have no idea wtf I'm doing in this game...

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
For the past week I've been enjoying Vampire Savior. Man, sprites in that game are gorgeous. And that QSound ... Definitely one of the best CPS2 titles in my book.

One thing I'm curious about, though. Does CPS2 use true transparency? I've read countless Neo Geo vs CPS2 comparisons, and what people usually hold against the Neo is the lack of transparency [even though SvC does use it for the dialogue backgrounds]. I've never seen a CPS2 game with transparency effects. Sure, there are plenty of transparencies, but they're the usual cheats. Solid sprite flicker every second frame, or alternating checkerboard pattern [used heavily in SF Zero 3's health bars, round numbers, etc.].

Name me ONE CPS2 game with real semi-transparent elements.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Played a bit of Guilty Gear Xrd Rev2, I have no idea wtf I'm doing in this game...

try playing it before drinking five cans of beer and not after, lach. then it will make a lot more sense.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
I got my ass kicked at some Real Bout this weekend but then I dominated at Samurai Shodown 3 and Marvel vs Capcom 2.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Bought Mortal Kombat XL for PS4 for the $10 sale. I'm honestly surprised how much I like the game. They added the alternative motions that Injustice had so it feels better on a stick to me. It plays way better then MK9 though honestly I bought both games because the story is amazing. Netherrealm can really tell a story.

Other then that on vacation so I felt like playing old SF games w/o buying the SF 30th. Fortunately the PS3 3rdOE is still active. 'HF is completely dead on 360 (no surprise) and even tried HD Remix on PS# but again nobody there. I know Fightcade solves all these problems, but being stubborn cause personally I hate the way the fightcade netcode feels.

Broke down and bought the Guilty Gear Revelator Update to Rev2. I was pissed they didn't add the DLC characters from Revelator, but broke down and bought them anyways. I love the way GG looks and feels, but Arc System works are a bunch of assholes when it comes to fleecing their fanbase. Also played a friend online who I can't seem to get good matches with and it played great. so, kudos for mastering the netcode.