What Fighting Games are you playing ATM?

DJ Neo XL

Rugal's Thug
I've been playing Arcana Heart 3 Love Max for the past 2 weeks non stop. I've had the game for about a year but never realized how amazing it was.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
I was doing 'that thing', when you sit and scroll through all the endless cheap DLC titles you've picked for your PS3 over the last 10years or so. Not long ago, I picked up a game for around £3 on sale. That game is: Chaos Code.

I saw the screenshots on PSN, registered it as a 2D fighter that looked pretty decent, so thought I might as well for the price.

Anyway, I've been playing it, just for half an hour or so in the evenings, working through story mode - character by character.

I think... it's pretty damn good. The actual gameplay itself feels solid. Combo's are nice and satisfying to pull off/create. So far, nearly all the characters have been good too. The two main characters, Hikaru and Kagami are REALLY good to play as. They have a really positive feel to them. Hikaru in particular has a very SNK feel to him. Just the way he moves and how his actual kicks and punches are animated. Even better, he comes in two versions (Hikaru & MG Hikaru) of which, the latter, actually plays completely differently. Animations for moves are different and special moves are all different. Not sure why they didn't just create an entirely new character tbh as a rival to Hikaru.

Anyway, this has been out aaages and I am very late to the party, but, I'm glad I finally attended. If you've overlooked this one thinking it's just another one of those vectorised 2D fighters with guys in suits wearing glasses and girls with pink hair in steampunk outfits and umbrellas... well, it kind of is. But having played the others, this one is actually solid and much less obnoxious. A good effort at a relatively 'new' 2D fighter imo...

gray117

Crazed MVS Addict
15 Year Member
I'm a delightfully shallow bastard, can't even bring myself to touch something like chaos code/arcana heart/fighting climax with a stick... Did kof 11 ever get it's time in the sun? I remember picking it late in the day on ps2 and never having anyone around who wanted to play it...

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Always playing Vampire Savior

Other than that, Battle Arena Toshinden and Virtua Fighter on Saturn !

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
This weekend made some retro playing with some friends and we have been playing SNES games:

Gundam Wing Endless duel

Super Street Fighter 2

And one of those Ranma vs games:

Quite a nice weekend :D

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
sf 2hdr, sf 3s, usf4, mvc, mshvsf, xmvsf, sfa3, tekken tag 2 and more to come due to fightcade, maybe get back into vampire savior, havent touched that game in awhile, so fast paced

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
SFV, KI, NGBC, TTT2, CVS2, KOF XIII, DOALR and not sure if it counts but Mike Tyson's Punch Out? Can dodge fine, but timing on counter punches is way off.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Have you guys played Nitro Blasterz + on the PS3/PS4. Oh man, the game is silly fun, lines up with Dengeki Bunko, kinda.

I've been playing lots of fighting games on fightcade, haven't been on my consoles on a while but I'm coming back soon.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Been playing KOFXIII alot lately, took me a bit to get used to the new sprites but theyve grown on me.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Have you guys played Nitro Blasterz + on the PS3/PS4. Oh man, the game is silly fun, lines up with Dengeki Bunko, kinda.

I went on about a 3-week tear playing Nitro+ Blasterz when it came out to the point where I ignored SF5 for the first couple of weeks. Nitro+ is an Examu game (Arcana Heart, Daemon Bride) with some great movement options. A shame NOBODY plays it online.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener

I've been playing lots of fighting games on fightcade, haven't been on my consoles on a while but I'm coming back soon.

I had no idea Fightcade existed, looks pretty fucking sweet..i cant wait to try it when i get home

cyriades

Super Spy Agent
Played CvsS2 and SF3:TS at a con lately and felt okay at the former but the latter not so much... haha... But I've been playing Double Dragon, Samsho5SP, and Breakers Revenge a good bit with friends lately as well.

Man I wish I had real life friends like when I was in school, but now those days have long vanished. Now I'm currently tackling Waku Waku 7 and King of Fighters XI, with Magaki simply getting my head handed. I wasted all that time setting up the PS2 that I have, with a lack of good controller options, only to give up. So I decided I'd buy it from the Japanese Playstation Store, so I can use either my Dualshock 3 or Fighting Stick Mini 3. I've beaten all the previous KOF bosses without continue service, mostly using repetitive tactics like knocking a few of them down on the 1st frame after they wake up.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Played some Skullgirls with Craig and got my ass handed to me something fierce, I dunno much about this game but I really like it.

And the only way I could beat Magaki was by spamming Ryo's autocombo super whenever he produces a projectile. Unfortunately, I had no means of recording footage of it.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Anybody still play 2002 UM on STEAM?

I cant get a match to save my life. Shoot me a pm if you want to play.