What Fighting Games are you playing ATM?

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Been playing lots of KOF XIV. Its the start of a new Ranking battle season here in AZ. First tournament is tomorrow. I will be playing both KOF XIV and SFV. I havent touched SFV since XIV dropped, so i'm not planning on doing well in SFV. Hope to at least get top 8 in KOF though

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
I'm trying to pick vampire saviour back up. But I'm always looking for matches on alpha 3 and breakers revenge.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Playing Real Bout Fatal Fury, World Heroes, and King of Fighters 95 here. Kof XIV is great too, but I always end up falling back on the older titles.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Just MotW for now on DC. And Project Justice - Excellent game - even has a tourney mode.

Last edited:

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Migrated to PC for Street Fighter V. Loving those mods

Wish XIV and GGXrd was on PC

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
What mods are people using? I haven't tried any.

Speaking of SFV, going to start playing again now that I've got a stick and I've caught up on my other games. And once the Windy supergun arrives, I'll be rocking some Zero 2 too.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
I'm trying to pick vampire saviour back up. But I'm always looking for matches on alpha 3 and breakers revenge.

vampire saviour is one game i was never able to get into. don't know if i'm playing it wrong or what, aj. but it always felt like a poor mans street fighter alpha to me.

Last edited:

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
What's the concensus on SFV? I casually dabble in fighters. How does it stack up to the best (SFA3, KoF '98, Third Strike, MotW)? I played a little of SFIV at launch and thought it was ok. Is Karin in it?

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
vampire saviour is one game i was never able to get into. don't know if i'm playing it wrong or what, aj. but it always felt like a poor mans street fighter alpha to me.
Im not very good at it, especially since im trying to focus on using Victor which is the grappler of the game and is pretty low tier due to the pace of this game. VS is a game that has elements of fighters your familiar with like SFA3, but you cant use the same familiar tactics/playstyle you would in those games. There arent super long combos like some games. It revolves around aggressive pressure play. Spacing and counters. You can do guard cancels all day for free without use of a stock in this game but the timing is strict.
Its a very fun game and if you play it at my level you will have fun, if you play it with the dudes that have been playing for atleast the last 4 years, say good bye to all your fun. lol

What's the concensus on SFV? I casually dabble in fighters. How does it stack up to the best (SFA3, KoF '98, Third Strike, MotW)? I played a little of SFIV at launch and thought it was ok. Is Karin in it?
I cant really compare it to all those great games you just listed, but compared to the latest games put out, its pretty fun. The spacing is alot different, the priority of moves is different and there is alot of BS in the game. Not that theres isnt in the other games you listed. If your a gief player you will like him in this version of SF. Hes at his best in this one. You can actually combo into his 360 throw and even his 720 super from a d+lp lol. I have more fun playing SFA3 and 3S but its def a fun game. Some of the damage output can be ridiculous in it though.

Sikleflaming

Quiz Detective

Wait are you me? I love alpha 3 so much I built an arcade system out of it, and I'm desperately trying to get better at Vampire Saviour. Maining Dmitri so it's not like I'm trying to pick up a low tier character but it's just really hard to kick all my old habits from all the SF I've played. Hit me up on fightcade if you're on, there's never anyone on Vampire Savior and the people who are there always kick my ass

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
I've still usually got SSVS in my Omega. Though I should give some of the others I like some moar time like WW7 or Matrimelee. But usually if a fighter is in my system and it's not SSVS it's most likely gonna be Kizuna.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Wait are you me? I love alpha 3 so much I built an arcade system out of it, and I'm desperately trying to get better at Vampire Saviour. Maining Dmitri so it's not like I'm trying to pick up a low tier character but it's just really hard to kick all my old habits from all the SF I've played. Hit me up on fightcade if you're on, there's never anyone on Vampire Savior and the people who are there always kick my ass

Im usually down for games after 5pm central on weekdays and randomly during the weekend. yeah, i havent played too much VS but im always down for some games. I will hyu up sometime. I can either pm you on here, hyu on fb or something. Pm me ur info

NGCDFreak

Belnar Institute Student
Been playing nothing but KOF XIV all day and Lil KOF 02 and SF3 3RD Strike on the side.

Shin9999

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
About to pop Kof 99 in my MVS for the month so I am looking forward to Strikers, Bao, and that cheap ass Boss. Not to mention the Kyo in 99 was the shit!

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
About to pop Kof 99 in my MVS for the month so I am looking forward to Strikers, Bao, and that cheap ass Boss. Not to mention the Kyo in 99 was the shit!
Krizalid is so sick, one of my fav bosses, not the best just my fav.
Clark, Maxima and Ryo are good strikers, especially ryo with characters with a command grab.

Shin9999

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
Clark, Maxima and Ryo are good strikers, especially ryo with characters with a command grab.
Nice, thanks for the info on the Strikers. I remember playing this allot with friends back in the day, but after reading up on kof 99 on various websites, I was reminded exactly how great the stages look, the sound track was, and how fast pace the gameplay went. On top of that, I forgot Terry was given a few different moves making it so he can be used with a bit more aggression.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
I like to go to sleep with heavy rain and thunder sounds going on in the background, I use a gif of the rain stage as my screen to look at. Lol
Yeah 99 is one of the snk games I played the most with friends as well. Seems to be that way with alot of ppl.
2 biggest gripes I have about 99
1. The backdash, don't like how it goes back then forward
2. It's not kof 00, lol, but seriously it's a good game

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster

I was just bitching to a friend that KOF XIV is trying to do the same thing that KOF '99 did in making a boss set up a new saga and they failed miserably. Krizalid was so cool for being a boss that was way down the pecking order. I always thought SFIV tried that w/ Seth and failed as well.

Shin9999

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
I like to go to sleep with heavy rain and thunder sounds going on in the background, I use a gif of the rain stage as my screen to look at. Lol
Yeah 99 is one of the snk games I played the most with friends as well. Seems to be that way with alot of ppl.
2 biggest gripes I have about 99
1. The backdash, don't like how it goes back then forward
2. It's not kof 00, lol, but seriously it's a good game
I tried this feature earlier and was blown away at how the mechanic seems so pointless. I don't see how it benefits anyone to do this in a high level match just because you could easily get punished?
What makes 2k the game for you by the way? I would assume the refined strikers system and the bad ass box art for the AES/MVS. As well as the addition of amazing Vanessa.

Sikleflaming

Quiz Detective
I was just bitching to a friend that KOF XIV is trying to do the same thing that KOF '99 did in making a boss set up a new saga and they failed miserably. Krizalid was so cool for being a boss that was way down the pecking order. I always thought SFIV tried that w/ Seth and failed as well.

I feel like SF has really been messing up their bosses lately, Seth and Juri had kind of a cool thing going on but I agree that he didn't have any staying power and the whole S.I.N. as a subdivision of shadaloo but that wasn't shadaloo (?) was dumb as hell. And not only was Seth a dumb addition to SFIV, but SFV (insofar as the travesty that SFVs story mode had a boss) had no idea what it was doing: Bison was still clearly the big bad, but they introduced Necali (who was super cool) and then did nothing with him. I miss Gill man

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
I tried this feature earlier and was blown away at how the mechanic seems so pointless. I don't see how it benefits anyone to do this in a high level match just because you could easily get punished?
What makes 2k the game for you by the way? I would assume the refined strikers system and the bad ass box art for the AES/MVS. As well as the addition of amazing Vanessa.
Yeah, that mechanic is really bad, the only use i could see would be with a grappler character and it would give you time to buffer you super, but even then thats a stretch. But making it that way prevented ppl from rolling back as a turtle tactic. So maybe it was intended to keep the match moving forward.

As far as why i like KOF 2000 the overall game just feels polished compared to 99. I like the graphics and music alot. The striker system is really fun in this game, all kinds of combinations. This was the first kof i really went to practice mode a spent time perfecting my combos. And i payed off, i used to be able to do 100% combos during real game play like nothing. Now im just rusty but the game is still fun. Also 00 is the first kof i played seriously online via kaillera so i had so much competition in it back then during my highschool days. The game is pure quality. PPL might complain about the damage with strikers. But its just like any game, you can complain about something being too good in a game or you can utilize it to your advantage, which i did. Tons of fun man. Even when i was getting my ass owned by someone way better than me i was having fun.
Additional things that made 00 great for me was the Vanessa, see is really good and Seth. Seth is so frkn sick in this game. Used the hell out of him. Hes just a shell of his former self in the games after this, so nerfd.

Last edited:

vaillian

King's Dry Cleaner

just press any buttons to get some combos

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
I feel like SF has really been messing up their bosses lately, Seth and Juri had kind of a cool thing going on but I agree that he didn't have any staying power and the whole S.I.N. as a subdivision of shadaloo but that wasn't shadaloo (?) was dumb as hell. And not only was Seth a dumb addition to SFIV, but SFV (insofar as the travesty that SFVs story mode had a boss) had no idea what it was doing: Bison was still clearly the big bad, but they introduced Necali (who was super cool) and then did nothing with him. I miss Gill man

Yeah, SFIV was weird boss wise and SFV is so against Arcade Mode (to which I have no idea why) that Bison as the boss of story mode seemed off.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy

GGs last night man. Just keep playing Vampire Savior and it will come to you, especially with Damitri, just practice fitting his supers into everything.
Had fun with 3s also, im rusty as hell.
Next time we can do some SFA3 if you like.

caughdrops

n00b
Currently learning the Last Blade on MVS. What an absolutely gorgeous game! I'm loving every minute of it, even if I am awful at it!