What Fighting Games are you playing ATM?

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
I've been on a bit of a fighter kick lately, and exploring a lot of cps2 I never really got to try in the arcades.

for me:

Xmen vs SF cps2, and KOF 12 x360, need to pickup 13 bad:(

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Super Turbo & 3rd Strike, when I see 300wins & BIGTIME.

I'd say Xmen v StreetFighter, but what alec did to me in that game could hardly be called 'playing'...lol...it was a maths lesson (double digit, double screen combos).

Persona4 Arena, on the dolo @ home.

jindo

Sakura's Bank Manager
Just started on TTT2, even though I was in the middle of playing Uncharted 3. I'll be working on these two for next 2 weeks and then RE6. Finally I can retire from RE5.

Loris Biaggi

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I'm playing Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo, trying to beat the 4th opponent on "very easy"... :blow_top:

Ukee

Geese's Thug
Just got my room cleaned up so I rehooked the CMVS up to my t.v. and decided to play through AoF series.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
KOF13 and VF5 FS.

Eagerly anticipating DoA5.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I've been playing Tekken Tag Tournament 2, as well. My buddy and I have been having some pretty heated matches. I'm not quite as impressed with the game as I was with the original TTT, but the custom soundtrack feature is fun and keeps things interesting.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
I´m playing Samurai Shodown 4, I really love this game.

just played through that one last nite too, had a blast!

found my Capcom vs SNK also, I can't remember the last time I played that game, Once CvS2 came out, I never looked back. The one thing I absolutely love better and prefer about part 1 though, is the backgrounds:)

Last edited:

Al2k

n00b
Samurai Shodown 4 has the deepest gameplay of the series and it´s very fun to play with every character. I would prefer two or three more battles to complete the game, it´s too short IMO.

I played a lot of Capcom vs SNK on the Dreamcast but never played much CvS2, don´t know why.. I will give it a try again soon. :)

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Been playing some Martial Masters on the PGM and Guilty Gear A/Core on the Naomi. Great games!

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Been playing some Martial Masters on the PGM and Guilty Gear A/Core on the Naomi. Great games!

I don't hear much about Martial Masters, what's yer take? how does it hold up to the other fighters from that era? (2001). I'm interested in a PGM eventually myself, mostly for the beat-em-ups:)

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
I don't hear much about Martial Masters, what's yer take? how does it hold up to the other fighters from that era? (2001). I'm interested in a PGM eventually myself, mostly for the beat-em-ups:)

IMO, it's right up there with the King of Fighter's, Street Fighters and other top fighters of that era. The backgrounds and characters have lots of detail, the animation is terrific and the game mechanics are solid. It's pretty obscure; I guess that's mostly due to the fact that it was arcade only and wasn't ported to any consoles. I really enjoy it. It's a game you should definitely check out.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
IMO, it's right up there with the King of Fighter's, Street Fighters and other top fighters of that era. The backgrounds and characters have lots of detail, the animation is terrific and the game mechanics are solid. It's pretty obscure; I guess that's mostly due to the fact that it was arcade only and wasn't ported to any consoles. I really enjoy it. It's a game you should definitely check out.

sounds pretty cool! how many buttons does it use? is it 4 button like a neo lp,lk,hp,hk?

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
Battle Fantasia.
There are no tip guides and barely any move lists out there for this one.
I put Deathbringer's second form up there with the annoying. You can only hurt him in heat mode using a familiar.
Only, to start heat mode you need a DM bar. He's quick to knock you out of activating anything that needs a DM bar.
It's just frustrating.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
found a cib ps2 Neo Geo Battle Colliseum for $2 locally, never played it before now. I'm enjoying it, it's not the best, but it aint the worst either. air blocking would be nice. mizuchi is a fucktard.

Last edited:

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Mugicha/Pipes:

To be fair, the SF of that era was Zero 3 Upper, and the KOF was 01... both are a bit shite.... Previous KOFs, and SFZ2A/3S/2I were better games.

That said, Martial Masters is surprisingly fun. Haven't played it for more than an hour or two, and I'll say it's not brilliang in terms of gameplay or graphics, but it's got the core of a nice solid fighter.

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
As for what I'm playing currently: Third Strike, waiting for Second Impact and Warzard to arrive. Anticipating some Last Blade 2 soon.

Need to get back into Tatsunoko Vs Capcom - you can buy the arcade board for like $300 or less now.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Need to get back into Tatsunoko Vs Capcom - you can buy the arcade board for like $300 or less now.

But it doesn't have Saki and she was the best character in that game.

I dunno, CVS2 I guess. I've been too busy this last week for cool games.

Want MVC Origins but I don't want to renew my XBOX live sub. :/

jon713

Camel Slug
All I play is fighters! Been wanting to find a Tekken 4 setup, how much do those run?

These are in my cabs:

Neo Conversion Cab: Mortal Kombat 1
Hyper Neo 29: 3rd Strike
Neo Candy 25: Ninja Masters, KOF99, WH2, FFS
Killer Instinct 1 Dedicated
Super Neo 29: Street Fighter II Turbo

I usually just jump from game to game, cool to hear them all playing at once.