Champions League 12/13

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Gunners. Out.

Will be a while before they see Champions League action again. Sigh...

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Who said Milan? ^^

I was expecting a much better performance than the 4-0.
It seems their last defeats, specially against Madrid, led to awake the giant.

Camp Nou match seemed the 1-0 of Inter Milan, one way only. But this time they played against 11 the whole match.

Dream Barça or Nightmare Milan. I guess it was a bit both of the two.

It could have been 3-1 if not for Robinho's short pass on the spot kick at the end, which led to the Barca counter-attack and goal...

As for the Gunners, I think they can still get 4th, but they don't deserve it. Kroenke doesn't deserve it. Gazidis doesn't deserve it. If they bring back David Dein to his former position, they can get back to glory. Otherwise...

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
Is this the season when Tottenham finish above Arsenal? As a Arsenal fan I can't believe we could be playing in the Europa League next season.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Is this the season when Tottenham finish above Arsenal? As a Arsenal fan I can't believe we could be playing in the Europa League next season.

It would be a shame, if you were from the spanish or scottish league were only 2 clubs can be champions.
You have a chronic 6 teams to reach a spot only available for 4.

neoman

Fio's Quartermaster
Come on barcelona put these wannabes to the sword..PGS more like taking the PSG (piss)

daijiro_074

Crazed MVS Addict
Tonight, another day of champions league, I hope that Real Madrid plays at his best level.

2-0 would be a good result, I think Real Madrid, barca and Bayern are the three best teams right now.

Alaaaa Madrid¡¡¡¡¡¡

daijiro_074

Crazed MVS Addict
Ohh my goood¡¡¡ I forgot the team of my city.... Malaga¡¡¡¡
Arriba Malaga, anything is possible¡¡¡ best wishes

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
ive missed the past few months of this and just gettng back into it

Madrid 3 - Gala 0
Malaga 0 - Dortmund 0

no real surprises here, Dortmund has a million chances and missed them all - shocker

daijiro_074

Crazed MVS Addict
Great night for spanish teams¡¡¡

Real Madrid won very easy although Galatasaray was able score,
about Malaga, is a good result because Dortmund is a great team, is very hard,
when they play in germany anything can happen¡¡¡

Good luck to my Malaga¡¡¡

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
ive missed the past few months of this and just gettng back into it

Madrid 3 - Gala 0
Malaga 0 - Dortmund 0

no real surprises here, Dortmund has a million chances and missed them all - shocker

Sad for Malaga, they might as well have lost that game as they didn't get any points to relax off of.

red impact

Crossed Swords Squire
No comments since the draw for the semi finals...

Any bets on an all spanish final...?

Raised on an all german final?!

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
Madrid looked a little shaky in the 2nd leg against Gala - but they get Ramos and Alonso back so its hard to tip against them

id say it will be an El Classico final

daijiro_074

Crazed MVS Addict
Here, In Spain, everyone wants to be an 'El Clasico' final.

But both match will be difficult, Borussia is very hard and Bayer is a great team.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
iRRUVkzBIlyeS.gif

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
All German final I reckon...

Certainly looks likely now, I'm pretty amazed to be honest. I thought Bayern could maybe produce an upset but I wasn't expecting anything like that, then Dortmund tonight, that's blown my mind.

Press are talking about a shift towards German dominance in the champions league but I don't see that happening, they said the same thing about english football in the united v chelsea final build up and it never really took off.

But.......4 goals each against the best two sides in the world? Maybe it is worth listening this time. Lets see how fit messi is for the return.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Certainly looks likely now, I'm pretty amazed to be honest. I thought Bayern could maybe produce an upset but I wasn't expecting anything like that, then Dortmund tonight, that's blown my mind.

Press are talking about a shift towards German dominance in the champions league but I don't see that happening, they said the same thing about english football in the united v chelsea final build up and it never really took off.

But.......4 goals each against the best two sides in the world? Maybe it is worth listening this time. Lets see how fit messi is for the return.

Exactly with the whole dominance thing. England isn't dominating now, and no league does for long. Yeah, Germany has some good teams.

ABOUT TO BE LESS.

Bayern buying Gotze was fine, but when they buy Lewandowski, what will be left of the rest of the league? It's just silly to siphon the talent out of the league for one team in order to be the most competitive in the CL. Then you end up with joke leagues like ... Spain... where 2 teams (tbf, only one team) pillage 18 teams and leave the rest of the league too weak to compete for the top spots in the table for CL positions. Better example is Scotland.

I'm happy Dortmund has their current position. Happy as can be. I don't give two shits about them, but I hate Madrid and Bayern.

Worst CL final? Inter vs. Bayern. Holy fuck. It was like Satan vs. Hitler. I couldn't enjoy that final at all, but yeah, Hitler is the lesser of two evils there. I rooted for Bayern, sort of.

These games could also go very drastically the other way when the next leg resumes in Spain (seriously, could they have split this?). Most likely, Madrid with that one away goal has some light to guide them through. I hope they fail. As for Bayern, I accept that they are through to the finals, but if Messi is fit, he has the potential to take a massive Argentine shit all over Germany, and I would pay to see that.

A Barcelona Dortmund final would be great. Especially if Dortmund wins it, and reaffirms the faith in competitive football.

Fans are sick of big spenders buying trophies. Sick to death. I speak for all fans, because I am everyone.

red impact

Crossed Swords Squire
All German final I reckon...

I should have put a bet on...!

Roll on next week and we'll see what the Spaniards at home can do - Madrid have a better chance with the away goal but both Barca and Madrid were well outplayed.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Madrid vs Dortmund... SOON!... 20mins.... before Jose Mourinho.... has the "The Board has FULL confidence in him".... statement:D

xROTx

PS. Xander and i have a bet.... if Madrid goes thru... I get to nuke Shawn's account... if Dortmund Go thru... we nuke some n00b of no consequence.... I vote... lantus360....

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
Madrid vs Dortmund... SOON!... 20mins.... before Jose Mourinho.... has the "The Board has FULL confidence in him".... statement:D

xROTx

PS. Xander and i have a bet.... if Madrid goes thru... I get to nuke Shawn's account... if Dortmund Go thru... we nuke some n00b of no consequence.... I vote... lantus360....

The dreaded vote of confidence from the board mean's only one thing.

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
Mourinho will be back at chelsea next season.

In other news, Barca believe that can get 4 back on Bayern today