Daedalus MVS Convertor.

Hypnos

War Room Troll
Hello!

DavidG, creator of Daedalus, make 100 units... How many units sold to date?

Anyone make any review of this product either written or video?

Greetings!

DavidG

There are 70 made with 55 sold to date.

Teddyboy16

Kuroko's Training Dummy
The Neo Store is completely out right now, and I'm still waiting for mine to arrive from the Neo store which should be any day now. Did you get yours from David or did you manage to snag one from the Neo store before they ran out?

Last edited:

medic_wheat

Kabuki Klasher
I've seen this here and there in other people's collections and two ebay listings but I have no idea what this is suppose to do.

Teddyboy16

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I've seen this here and there in other people's collections and two ebay listings but I have no idea what this is suppose to do.

It's an adaptor that allows you to play MVS games on your AES console. It's one the better converters for sale. It has excellent compatibility with MVS games. You stick the Daedulus in your console and then you insert the mvs cart into the Daedulus.

Converters have been around for a while, and it provides a way to play mvs carts that are in general much cheaper then aes carts.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It's an adaptor that allows you to play MVS games on your AES console. It's one the better converters for sale. It has excellent compatibility with MVS games. You stick the Daedulus in your console and then you insert the mvs cart into the Daedulus.

Converters have been around for a while, and it provides a way to play mvs carts that are in general much cheaper then aes carts.

MVS into the Daedalus first then into the AES. Less stress in the cart contacts in the system.

RetroGiga68k

New Challenger
I received my Daedalus from the Neostore today, and so far it's great - first impressions/tips:

Played some Neo Turf Masters MVS - no problems.

Played some Strikers 1945 Plus MVS - first two stages no problems, then the sound suddenly cut out completely at the end of stage two. Resetting the AES caused the game to start over with no sound. Power cycling the AES caused the game to start over with no sound. So I gently lifted the horizontal Strikers cart up a bit and held it with my finger, and powered the AES back on, and the game started normally with full sound.

(All my connectors were perfectly cleaned before I started. Probably not a dirty contacts issue.)

This, from this thread, helped fix the problem:

I would also recommend you add something to hold the MVS cart up

Now I have simply placed a small roll of bubble wrapping between the horizontal MVS cart and the top of the AES console, and now Strikers works perfectly. If anyone else has a problem don't forget to try this.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
You can also put something between the converter and the front edge of the cart doors, this worked for the other converter that was a hori loader.

tomlee80

Kabuki Klasher
I got my converter last week after paying my customs charge (which was surprisingly reasonable...) A great quality converter and bizarrely I swear my games' colours are actually deeper and richer when compared to using them through a Super MVS Magic Key Converter...Am I imagining this or is this actually possible? I use a SCART RGB running through a Sony PVM.

Although pricey, this thing certainly feels like it will last longer than 6 months (The length of time until my Magic Key decided to play up).

nicksbrain

Cheng's Errand Boy
interesting to read these posts. Why didn't you guys buy a CMVS? Omega is only 100 bucks more expensive? Sorry for the dumb question, I just got an AES and kinda regret not getting a CMVS directly (nah not really, just spending again gives me stomach aches ;) ), weighting my options... appreciate your productive answers...

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
interesting to read these posts. Why didn't you guys buy a CMVS? Omega is only 100 bucks more expensive? Sorry for the dumb question, I just got an AES and kinda regret not getting a CMVS directly (nah not really, just spending again gives me stomach aches ;) ), weighting my options... appreciate your productive answers...

As odd as this sounds, I have a mix of both. The AES has games that have more for a home console arcade experience, ie Mag Lord, Spinmaster, etc. then there are others that I feel are better on my cab, Strikers 1945 plus, Viewpoint, etc. but that's just my two cents.

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
So this would be considered the the AES to MVS adapter?

nio

Cheng's Errand Boy
Mine arrived today. I was told its the last one for this year. Does it have some kind of serial number?

nio

Cheng's Errand Boy
No. There is a reflecting sticker and it showes that number.