The_Pope's NGPC Collection

The_Pope

n00b
New member round these parts. I love seeing everyone's collection of arcade machines but for me, it's pocket-sized NGPC.

I have 23 different titles (with a couple of duplicates) and all six original launch colours for the console. Never got around to the cammo or yellow JAP versions.

ngpc_games.jpg
ngpc_bits.jpg

Got a few of the rarer titles too, bought back in 2000 before the recall took bite.
IMG_9602.jpg
IMG_9603.jpg

Any questions welcome :)

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Nice i think i still have two of my Neo-geo pockets...I didn't know that had that many games available...Did games come in those cases or is that custom?

The_Pope

n00b
These are the normal full retail UK plastic clamshell cases / boxes. They sat the the store shelf like a DVD would today. The only odd one out in these pictures is Cool Boarders because it's a JAP cart, so the retail box is all cardboard

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
These are the normal full retail UK plastic clamshell cases / boxes. They sat the the store shelf like a DVD would today. The only odd one out in these pictures is Cool Boarders because it's a JAP cart, so the retail box is all cardboard

I have a UK Cool Boarders for the NGPC (as well as a UK Magical Drop Pocket). I very much envy the rest of your collection, though. That's an impressive collection of rares there. Let me know if you ever want to split up your doubles of Faselei! for a reasonable price.

Hawk

Crossed Swords Squire
That's really sweet man! Nice collection! I wanna get me one of these eventually!

AlecRob

Banned
Very nice collection! I'm surprised you dont have any B&W systems though. They may have decreased functionality, but some of the color variations they have look really stunning. Heres a picture i took of mine:

The_Pope

n00b
Nice Alec - would you call that "white"? Looks classier than my Silver.

TBH I don't own any B&W games, and I didn't want to collect the consoles just for the sake of it. Arguably buying "one of each" of the Colour consoles was somewhat indulgent but I guess I got swept up in the fever when the recall kicked in. I haven't actually bought anything to add to my collection for 10 years... :O

AlecRob

Banned
Nice Alec - would you call that "white"? Looks classier than my Silver.

TBH I don't own any B&W games, and I didn't want to collect the consoles just for the sake of it. Arguably buying "one of each" of the Colour consoles was somewhat indulgent but I guess I got swept up in the fever when the recall kicked in. I haven't actually bought anything to add to my collection for 10 years... :O

The color is caleld "pearl white". its not perfectly white though, its very slightly off-white. like a really light ivory with a pearlish sheen to it.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Nice collection!

I really need to pick up some more UK clamshell releases!

The_Pope

n00b
Never played a NGPC - this is making me tempted :)

It's such a great little console. 40 hours of gameplay from two AA batteries, that precision 8-way microswitch joystick is SO superior to any D-Pad... you can pick up a console for £25-30 and the more common games are only around £15. I really like Turf Masters (golf) and Sonic Adventures is very slick. Obviously if you're into the Fighting Games there's lots of traditional Neo Geo fare :)

Let me know if you want help getting started :)

Al2k

n00b
Nice collection man!:)

It´s a great console and has a lot of fun games. As The Pope says the batteries life is very long, the only thing I miss is a backlight screen but there are mods to do it.

These clamshell cases are beautiful, IMO the best cases I ever seen for portable games

JRockman

n00b
Sounds like a nice collection!

This is my first post so I guess I don't have the priviliges yet to look at photo attachments (or to post my own thread). You should check out my NGPC collection too when I put it up on the site. I am almost done getting every game in the U.S. set. Need 10 more factory sealed to have my sealed collection complete.