Bayonetta 2: Wii U Exclusive

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I don't know who that is, but I just googled her and damn, you're right. Dead ringer.
If you've seen Avengers or a Captain America movie recently, you've seen her.

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
Bought a WiiU yesterday, specially for this game. Mk 8 bundle.
Tried the Bayonetta 2 demo and loved it.
I'm buying bayonetta 2 as soon i finish The Evil Within.

what's with the STAMPS thing on WiiU?is it the equivalent to Achievements?

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member

you can put them on miiverse posts? so its a motivation to do the unlocking of them, that's like achievements(more like trophies though)?

Last edited:

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
you can put them on miiverse posts? so its a motivation to do the unlocking of them, that's like achievements(more like trophies though)?

How can you see you're stamps? Im sorry for the noob question, got the console for 24h.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Bought a WiiU yesterday, specially for this game. Mk 8 bundle.
Tried the Bayonetta 2 demo and loved it.
I'm buying bayonetta 2 as soon i finish The Evil Within.

No, it is a super-gay way to interact with the super-gay Mii Verse. Which, if I haven't driven it home yet, is mega crazy super mega crazy gay. You will not like the Mii Verse unless you braid your pubic hair and dye it pink. And are also like nine years old. Don't ask me how that works.

Basically, the Mii Verse is the worst idea ever, except for the small exception of the part where Jim Sterling decided to take over one game's Mii Verse (can't remember which one) and make it the Defoe-niverse instead. He had enough Twitter/YouTube/etc. followers that there actually ended up being a shitload of Willem Defoe art on there instead of the game's art, which was of course awesome, and everyone else was like WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON WHY IS THIS MII VERSE DEDICATED ONLY TO WILLEM DEFOE INSTEAD OF SOME BAD MOVIE TIE-IN GAME. So yeah, that's how that went (note: Miniature Fantasy Willem Defoe is omnipresent on the Jimquistion).

The Mii-Verse is horrid, you will learn to hate it, stamps are stupid. It's still oddly compelling to chase them in games like Bayonetta 2.

On topic, I suppose: finished this yesterday. Took me right at 11 hours. Best game of this year, easy, and probably my third-favorite game of all-time, behind only Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Fallout 3. Fantastic all around. It is indeed worth buying the system for this game, as noted a couple times in this thread.

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
Ugh... I was playing that Castlevania: Lords of Shadow on my PC earlier, and I just couldn't take it anymore. I uninstalled it. Then I thought about the Bayonetta 2 that I got yesterday, but I don't have a Wii U yet, so I played Metal Gear Rising on my PC instead. I'm having a blast, but I could be playing the newest Platinum game instead if I had just bought a Wii U today. Oh well.

Now I've got to finish Metal Gear Rising...

The edges of Wii U discs are sexy.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Ugh... I was playing that Castlevania: Lords of Shadow on my PC earlier, and I just couldn't take it anymore. I uninstalled it. Then I thought about the Bayonetta 2 that I got yesterday, but I don't have a Wii U yet, so I played Metal Gear Rising on my PC instead. I'm having a blast, but I could be playing the newest Platinum game instead if I had just bought a Wii U today. Oh well.

Make sure to pick up The Wonderful 101 when you get that Wii U

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member

There's also Legend Of Korra on PS3/4/360/One

Setsuna1982

World Her,
Sorry to bump. Just finished Bayo2 yesterday. Exceptional game but... the ending was kind of a bummer. After Bayonetta 1 and all the shit I was fighthing during 2 I was expecting something mind-blowing and while fun and spectacular it doesn't have that "BANG" of the original to it. Chapter 3 and 4 were somehow more impressive to me than the final fight. My girlfriend was like "That's it? Liked 1 more"

Anyone else feels the same way? Still a GREAT game though.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Yes, the ending was pretty basic. It was kind of anti-climactic, true. The whole game is much easier than 1, but it's more spectacle this time. The air battles seemed to really be at the forefront, and they're all easy as hell, but they look amazing and are pretty damn fun.

I can think of one fight in the whole game that rose to the level of 1- when you fight the little guy (you know who I mean, name is slipping my mind).

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
That was the plan. I had hoped to sell the rights to one one of the major networks and turn it into a rom-com called "How I Met Your Bayonetta 2". I bet Cobie Smulders would look great as Bayonetta/Cereza. :drool:

Seriously? Robin... from How I Met Your Mother... as Bayonetta?

You be craycray.

Setsuna1982

World Her,
Yes, the ending was pretty basic. It was kind of anti-climactic, true. The whole game is much easier than 1, but it's more spectacle this time. The air battles seemed to really be at the forefront, and they're all easy as hell, but they look amazing and are pretty damn fun.

I can think of one fight in the whole game that rose to the level of 1- when you fight the little guy (you know who I mean, name is slipping my mind).
I think you mean Loptr, the little blue one. Yes, it felt more in the vein of 1. Of course the first battle with the lumen sage was incredible in scale, that's why I expected a combination of that and the Jubileus fight at the end...

Infiniton punch > Infiniton drop kick