AES Clear Protective Cases

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
That way the games would've never had to leave the factory, ensuring...

...ensuring a monthly storage cost of probably $199 per month, plus tax. BTW, it's all about using it in every which way but... playing. Pics are for bummers, as is credit fed gaming.

celeritas

Mr. Big's Thug
Hopefully the clear protective cases don't become rare collector's items in their own right one day. It's a never ending battle.

I've got the retrogamefreak ones on my AES games but those cases don't fit my one carton game and I can't find a good solution for it. There seems to be a person who used to make protective cases that fit all 3 box types in the past, but is no longer doing so. If I had more carton games, I'd might consider using the saveyourgames.it person, but I just have one carton game...

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
2is9g40.jpg

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Just thought i'd let everyone know who's still looking for a box protector solution... There's a company called Retro Empire UK who's starting (very shortly) to produce very good quality box protectors for all 3 types of AES games (Cartons / Soft Cases / Snap Lock).

I got a sample for my English titles today to compare against some of the others on the market.

1_zpsx7w0j1mo.jpg

2_zpsqbu7zsoc.jpg

3_zps0vzvcbou.jpg

The plastic on these box protectors are very thick and sturdy.

NeoGeoFanatic

Neo Geo Cup '98
Show off! ;)

Those cases actually look pretty nice. I've seen prices vary wildly on some of the cases.

DaytimeDreamer

Southern Pounce.,
Just thought i'd let everyone know who's still looking for a box protector solution... There's a company called Retro Empire UK who's starting (very shortly) to produce very good quality box protectors for all 3 types of AES games (Cartons / Soft Cases / Snap Lock).

I got a sample for my English titles today to compare against some of the others on the market.

1_zpsx7w0j1mo.jpg

2_zpsqbu7zsoc.jpg

3_zps0vzvcbou.jpg

The plastic on these box protectors are very thick and sturdy.

Thanks for sharing mate. Any idea on the pricing of these? In terms of quality how do they compare to the others? Better overall?

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Pricing on these haven't been disclosed but keep an eye out on their site as I'm sure it won't be long.

The quality is very good, the plastic is 0.5mm thick apparently, but this results in a very sturdy box. The other boxes are very flimsy in comparison.

Would recommend all round to be honest.

DaytimeDreamer

Southern Pounce.,
Pricing on these haven't been disclosed but keep an eye out on their site as I'm sure it won't be long.

The quality is very good, the plastic is 0.5mm thick apparently, but this results in a very sturdy box. The other boxes are very flimsy in comparison.

Would recommend all round to be honest.

Nice then, thanks for coming back. I contacted the guy on his FB page and YT channel. These indeed look sturdy. Most people will buy them for display purposes but they are also great when moving houses and packaging up stuff.

Let's wait and see.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Im interested but cost is the problem. I would pry put all my games in these and take the extra minute to pull them out when I wanted to play.

dragonpt

Over Top Auto Mechanic
10 Year Member
That looks good
You have any idea if they are planning something similar to MVS?

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Im interested but cost is the problem. I would pry put all my games in these and take the extra minute to pull them out when I wanted to play.

It'll be interested to see how much they charge for these when they're released.

That looks good
You have any idea if they are planning something similar to MVS?

Not that i'm aware of but I know some similar companies have released MVS versions.

ChrisB

Another Striker
It'll be interested to see how much they charge for these when they're released.

Not that i'm aware of but I know some similar companies have released MVS versions.

Im interested in some of these protectors, K1ngArth3r did he give you a rough release date for them?

frazer99

Living on the wrong, side of the Pennines,
20 Year Member
Im interested in some of these protectors, K1ngArth3r did he give you a rough release date for them?

They should be available mid January - price wise, buying bulk will reduce the cost - expect 8 for £20.00 (so £2.50 a piece).