AES Clear Protective Cases

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
In this thread people are _not_ recommending protection cases made of PVC because of it containing acid, a question follows however.

What's the original clear plastic covering the inserts of both old-style and new-style cases made of? PVC?

Kitten skin.

moonwhistle

Tung's Hair Stylist
In this thread people are _not_ recommending protection cases made of PVC because of it containing acid, a question follows however.

What's the original clear plastic covering the inserts of both old-style and new-style cases made of? PVC?

For cases with acidic plastic the whole container must be submerged in asses' milk, for prosterity. Problem solved.

8man

Administrator
I'm actually surprised he sold out. He had tens of thousands of these things. Maybe it's time for Windy to step in.

I contacted Roger direct, last October (2013) to buy another 500+ of his clear cases.

He only had around 200 left. So, I bought his remaining stock.

He told me he wasn't making anymore =(.

But, 200 cases wasn't enough, I needed more.

I had a prototype case made: clear acrylic, acid-free, and UV protected.
It looks incredible on the shelf. The best of the best.

The production cost is really high on these. But, they are worth it.
For now, I will be using these custom cases to hold my rare AES games.

I might make these cases available for sale in the future.
But I have to order 1,000+ to reduce the production costs.

Hmm... maybe a kickstarter with bonuses.

If you want cases similar to Roger's, Windy might be able to produce them.
They are awesome, inexpensive cases. I can call him.
But, like Roger, he would have to put the money up front to create 1,000-10,000 cases.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I contacted Roger direct, last October (2013) to buy another 500+ of his clear cases.

He only had around 200 left. So, I bought his remaining stock.

He told me he wasn't making anymore =(.

But, 200 cases wasn't enough, I needed more.

I had a prototype case made: clear acrylic, acid-free, and UV protected.
It looks incredible on the shelf. The best of the best.

The production cost is really high on these. But, they are worth it.
For now, I will be using these custom cases to hold my rare AES games.

I might make these cases available for sale in the future.
But I have to order 1,000+ to reduce the production costs.

Hmm... maybe a kickstarter with bonuses.

What would the price point be if 1000 units were ordered?

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Back when I decided that it was time to preserve all of my high-dollar games, I just bought a 30-gallon glass aquarium. Packed all of my games in there, threw in a bunch of little baggies of desiccant that I'd been saving up from coat pockets and whatnot, then put a fitted piece of glass on top, sealed the whole fucker up with caulk and buried it in my back yard, which I then re-sodded. I didn't even draw a map, so much like Vern under his porch looking for a jar of pennies, even I'm not sure where they are. But just to be clear, I bought all of them to play them. Fuck people who just collect games to look at them.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Even a complete homecart collection wouldn't need 500 cases. So what are the extra ones for?

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Having previously ordered a stack of the box protectors from a seller in the US I found the quality to be poor (They split very easy).

In the UK there is a company called Sentinel64, they make very high quality box protectors for other systems (SFC, SNES, Mega Drive, Jaguar, NES etc) other than NEO-GEO...

I made some enquires and they have no plans to make any because the demands not there... There minimal order needs to be 1000... Is anyone interested in helping me make this happen?

housethemous

New Challenger
Having previously ordered a stack of the box protectors from a seller in the US I found the quality to be poor (They split very easy).

In the UK there is a company called Sentinel64, they make very high quality box protectors for other systems (SFC, SNES, Mega Drive, Jaguar, NES etc) other than NEO-GEO...

I made some enquires and they have no plans to make any because the demands not there... There minimal order needs to be 1000... Is anyone interested in helping me make this happen?

Private message 8man.
We were talking about trying to get a 1,000+ order together and all the support that you can offer would help, I'm sure.

Grendell

Morden's Lackey
i would be in too , i have watched the vids on the page and i have to say they look realy good / sturdy , and it looks like they arent that expensive , i would take 50 peices or more if the price isnt that far off from the snes/nes , the best part it is easy to ship to germany ;D

benimaru7

New Challenger
I'm thinking to order some from the site in Italy, they look good and should help with my carton box versions.
Before I do is there any progress with the UK company?

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
I haven't tried to arrange anything with sentinel64 due to the effort from 8man

Last edited:

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
I'd be game for some too. I'm probably going to run out on my remaining supply.

DeusVult

Another Striker
I'm thinking to order some from the site in Italy, they look good and should help with my carton box versions.
Before I do is there any progress with the UK company?

i ordered from the site in italy, but i could not buy them from the site direct so i contacted them via the site, good communication fomr them and item arrived quickly.

the cases take a little while to settle into shape, but all good now