AES Clear Protective Cases

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I had a handful of these just for my carton box games. I felt they helped maintained the integrity of the cardboard pretty well.

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
I have them on all my aes games. They work well enough.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Too tight of a fit if you want to actually play them with relative ease.

Waverider2049

Kula's Candy
I have them on every game i own but I Don't buy them two at a time though because the shipping will kill you every time you want a few. If you buy 10 at a time its like 37 shipped and I have extras laying around just in case. Nice guy to deal with as well.

Greedo

Zero's Secretary
Same for me, i have them on all my games.

Perfect!!

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
They aren't bad but I would have preferred that the design would have been a flap-less bottom. That bottom flap can damage your soft cases if you drop it in by accident instead of sliding it in flap side up.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
They aren't bad but I would have preferred that the design would have been a flap-less bottom. That bottom flap can damage your soft cases if you drop it in by accident instead of sliding it in flap side up.
HAVING NEVER SEEN...
one of these bad boys up close and personal, I'm simply trying to envisage what you mean Xian. Doesn't sound like a plus though.

All said and done though, I'd considered these recently after seeing that 8mans collection is completely encapsulated in them! I'd never seen them before that. They're quite expensive though and... I could use a UK distributor too :D

Waverider2049

Kula's Candy
He ships then flat so you bend them together. Thats probably why they were designed this way. I just put the games in softly sideways and haven't had a problem.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
HAVING NEVER SEEN...
one of these bad boys up close and personal, I'm simply trying to envisage what you mean Xian. Doesn't sound like a plus though.

All said and done though, I'd considered these recently after seeing that 8mans collection is completely encapsulated in them! I'd never seen them before that. They're quite expensive though and... I could use a UK distributor too :D

I agree, $3 each is pretty steep for just folded plastic. It probably only costs less than $0.25 per unit for production, of course ebay and paypal fees probably skyrocket that margin.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
It's good that the seller making a free sample offer. Might give it a try after all.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
taken from his self posted reviews:
These are wonderful! I feel a lot better about my ROTD US cart now.

Yes, this case makes a shitty fighting game better.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member

James, I have these on all my aes games. They do a good job protecting my aes games. I just cut the top flap and leave the bottom one. You do have to be careful though. If you drop it in, you risk nicking the plastic cover insert. After awhile the plastic kind of molds to the aes game and it slides right in.

mahesak

Morden's Lackey
This is Thailand AES case, I told my friend for helping this case because it's high shipped for 300-400 cases to Thailand and the cost for one case is only $1 :)

This case can take both normal AES and carton box and plastic is not thin as same as ebay :)

111esn.jpg

222nu.jpg

333ybm.jpg

444fyc.jpg

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Games already in hard plastic cases...

I will put it in another plastic case...

qm.gif

Last edited:
I do have few of these that some of my rarer games are in them. But yes correct you have to be careful storing your cases and games in it. Bceuase it will m,ess up some inserts and the plastic on the snap lock cases. Which sucks ! BUt it is very nice and cool of Roger to give a free sample to people who wants to try it out. I plan to buy more of them for my collection maybe when I finish my USA/Euro collection :D. Wait and see LOL...

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
...you have to be careful storing your cases and games in it. Because it will mess up some inserts and the plastic on the snap lock cases. Which sucks !...

So let me get this straight.....The case you buy to protect your AES case and insert may actually damage your AES case and insert?.....Really?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
While I agree, I remember you really liked it when it came out first. :)

I still like it, but it's one of the shittier fighting games on the neo geo. There's so little depth, and Johann feels like a Kabuki Klash character.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I thought matrimelee was pretty meh too. Just don't like the engine or overall presentation.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I hope you all have a dehumidifiers running in the rooms you keep your games. Oh and keep the room pitch black!

:tickled: