Best MVS to AES Convertor.

tomlee80

Kabuki Klasher
Just got a Magic Key from Razoola for under £200. With built in bios and sturdy design I'm a happy customer. My Home Cart AES wasn't modded so this has saved me money without having to get my hands dirty. Shame to hear about the scaling issues but I've not experienced any yet and I don't regret my purchase. Plenty of good games are now avalible to me at a far cheaper price!

OK this was my happy quote a few months back. Till now the Magic Key has been fantastic. I've bought and played the original MVS carts of Metal Slug, Super Side Kicks 2 and Ultimate 11 with no issues. Today I got my copy of KOF 2011 and played it for about two hours, no issues. Then after taking a break for an hour I turn on my Neo and the game keeps reseting just past the Splash screen. I then try Super sidekicks, Metal Slug and Utimate 11 and they don't work either. I've then tried my AES carts. All fine. I've also noticed for the first time the power lead out the back causes a reset if I wiggle the cord.

I've got an early serial (051419) Japanese AES. I suspect and am hoping that the amount of power being drawn by the magic converter was too much and blew the power supply. KOF 2002 was a lot bigger and newer than the previous games I've been playing. If it turns out to be the converter I'm going to try and exchange it directly with Neo Team. getting a new power supply to try it out.

Any thoughts?

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
OK this was my happy quote a few months back. Till now the Magic Key has been fantastic. I've bought and played the original MVS carts of Metal Slug, Super Side Kicks 2 and Ultimate 11 with no issues. Today I got my copy of KOF 2011 and played it for about two hours, no issues. Then after taking a break for an hour I turn on my Neo and the game keeps reseting just past the Splash screen. I then try Super sidekicks, Metal Slug and Utimate 11 and they don't work either. I've then tried my AES carts. All fine. I've also noticed for the first time the power lead out the back causes a reset if I wiggle the cord.

I've got an early serial (051419) Japanese AES. I suspect and am hoping that the amount of power being drawn by the magic converter was too much and blew the power supply. KOF 2002 was a lot bigger and newer than the previous games I've been playing. If it turns out to be the converter I'm going to try and exchange it directly with Neo Team. getting a new power supply to try it out.

Any thoughts?

Resolder or replace the power jack since it's wiggling. It could be worn out too and it's a good chance to put in a new one. As for the power supply, if your system is the 9v version, try finding a 2A or higher one and see if that helps.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
If you can wiggle to a reset then swap out the power jack like said. If after that you still get problems then it could be your PSU needs to be rebuilt/recapped.