Collin / MmSadda / Susan 's Cabs, MVS carts, PCBs, etc.

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
First round of pics didn't come out beautifully, think my lens was a bit smudged or something. Just got the Astro 2 in, and the problematic Deathsmiles worked momentarily, so I figured I should get a pic or two.

UPSTAIRS
0905120039a.jpg

0905120038.jpg

-Astro City 2 running Third Strike, with a small stereo amplifier in there, occasionally plays MVC or Hyper SF2

-Egret 2 running Deathsmiles (usually vert for other shooties)

-Astro City with Cambridge speakers and MS9 swapped in playing DonPachi.

0905120043.jpg

-Aero City, rebuilt and painted blue with white art, with a FrancoB marquee and a Neiman Electronics tri-sync monitor, running Tatsunoko vs Capcom

-Neo 25 with 4-slot currently running Pulstar, Twinkle Star Sprites, Last Blade 2, and Nightmare in the Dark.

DOWNSTAIRS
0908120101.jpg

0908120101b.jpg

Universal woodie (Mr. Do / Mr. Do's Castle), JAMMA woodie (currently Mouja; usually NFL Blitz)

0908120101a.jpg

Aero Table - Namco Classics vol. 2

0908120102.jpg

0908120104.jpg

Crazy Taxi uprights - Crazy Taxi and Outrun 2 SP, sometimes swapped out for linked Initial D v 3 (card readers and such are in the boxes next to the Aero Table)
Totem pinball

Last edited:

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
The perfect trio...complimented by two other rad cabs...Dang!

arcade game

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
really nice cabs.nice collection.plus good taste of games
congrats

mmsadda

10 Year Member
Thanks, guys! I'm really happy with the collection. I will try to take pictures of the rest soon!

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Really nice stuff there. I hope I can have a room like that one day.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Awesome! You're living my dream with all those cabs, if only I had the space.

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
Those cabs look quite fantastic.

Very nice setup.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
now that you've all seen his poor astro city missing it's marquee, SOMEONE PLEASE HELP THIS MAN FIND ONE!!!!!! Amazing collection Collin, got some heavy hitter pcbs in there, and if I'm not mistaken, I'm counting 5 authentic japanese stools as well :cool:

seriously badass.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
That really is a sweet setup you've got Collin!

I know nothing about arcades but can you plug the Deathsmiles board into any other type of cabnet or does it have to be those newer types?

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
This room is beautiful, plain and simple. The wood paneling, the carpet, the layout...everything about the space and the cab orientation feels warm and inviting; just brilliant!

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Gameroom looks really clean Collin, now post the pics of your other cabs. :)

mmsadda

10 Year Member
Thanks, everyone! Always nice to come back from a ban to this! :)

now that you've all seen his poor astro city missing it's marquee, SOMEONE PLEASE HELP THIS MAN FIND ONE!!!!!! Amazing collection Collin, got some heavy hitter pcbs in there, and if I'm not mistaken, I'm counting 5 authentic japanese stools as well :cool:

seriously badass.
Thanks! I'm a bit desperate for a marquee; I found what I think is a repro or some other cab's marquee modified to fit the astro from a guy on shmups, but still really want to get my hands on an original.

I may've shifted stools around so it looks like I have more than the 3 I actually do. ;) I'd love to grab more eventually, when cash allows for it.

I know nothing about arcades but can you plug the Deathsmiles board into any other type of cabnet or does it have to be those newer types?
It's a normal JAMMA PCB, so you can play it on basically any 3-button horizontal JAMMA cabinet. The game usually runs around $400-450 these days - Tops/Sophia Corp had a good deal on it lately, and they're very Gaijin-friendly.

This room is beautiful, plain and simple. The wood paneling, the carpet, the layout...everything about the space and the cab orientation feels warm and inviting; just brilliant!
Thanks! I'd actually intended to paint over the wood paneling and install full-room carpeting after tearing up the original 70s-tastic green carpet that was in the room, but the tile underneath turned out to be good and I had a nice rug to cover the middle of the room, so it's worked out better than expected.

Gameroom looks really clean Collin, now post the pics of your other cabs. :)
Thanks! I've finally got stuff moved out of the basement, so I'll update with pics of that room shortly.

mmsadda

10 Year Member
Former downstairs setup:
DSCF1046.jpg

DSCF1045.jpg

DSCF1044.jpg

Then later, moved woodies/pin upstairs and had this downstairs
2011-02-09_22-52-40_887.jpg

2011-02-09_22-51-42_695.jpg

2011-02-09_22-50-46_468.jpg

2011-02-09_22-54-13_728.jpg

2011-02-09_22-53-36_535.jpg

My former MVS collection, I think this is when I was close to a complete collection (which I never attained, but that's probably for the best)
DSCF1025.jpg

Last edited:

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
awesome.
basement pavement is classy, along with bar corner.... :approved:

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
3 stools is still alot, og stools is serious bidness, I'm impressed by all who have them:) Lovin that basement too buddy.

marktheshark

Morden's Lackey
Nice collection!

To be honest, I really had no idea that Cotton 2 had an arcade release instead of being a Saturn exclusive. How rare and expensive is it?

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
Dude, I'm really feeling that jukebox in the corner. What do you have in it? Also, how far did you get with that Aero table?

Great setup!

mmsadda

10 Year Member
awesome.
basement pavement is classy, along with bar corner.... :approved:
Thank you! There's a mini-fridge hidden behind the bar, 'cuz I love my beer!

3 stools is still alot, og stools is serious bidness, I'm impressed by all who have them:) Lovin that basement too buddy.
Thank you!

Nice collection!

To be honest, I really had no idea that Cotton 2 had an arcade release instead of being a Saturn exclusive. How rare and expensive is it?
Yep! Great game, wish I still had it... I've seen it bumping up on $200 lately, but as of when I bought and sold mine, it went around $80-120, if I recall right. I think around $100 is still pretty fair for the cartridge, which plays on STV hardware.
Dude, I'm really feeling that jukebox in the corner. What do you have in it? Also, how far did you get with that Aero table?
Great setup!
Thank you! I've got a mix of stuff from 1955 to present - I'll try to shoot a few pictures of the title strips later.

The Aero Table came to me as a bit of a junker, and got a new monitor, was completely stripped and repainted, got a new CP, and had some minor rewiring (though the wiring is not original, and is still a bit hacked.) There are more details here:
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?214979-Collin-s-Aero-Table-Restoration&highlight=

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
That's awesome room man...Didn't know you can swap out Crazy Taxi w/ Out Run2...Never played a racer standing up, how is it?

mmsadda

10 Year Member
HDRChamp - Yeah, they're both JVS, and basically all the Sega driving stuff from around that time uses the same I/O board. So in general, driving games are interchangeable between Naomi 1 (CT, Jambo Safari, 18 wheeler), Naomi 2 (Initial D, Club Kart), and Chihiro (Outrun 2 games, CT: High Roller). At worst, minor rewiring is required for the shifter, etc.

rgtruck - They're actual Japanese arcade gaming stools - way more comfortable than the Ikea stools that we all start out with ;) The ones I have are made by Taito, and are in fact the exact same ones as Hellacious is currently doing a group order from here: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...ighter-3-3rd-Strike-amp-New-Battery-Installed

mmsadda

10 Year Member
Sorry, I apparently went stupid there for a minute :-J That link is to a dirt-cheap Third Strike for sale by the same member (which is worth picking up) :buttrock:

Taito 43cm stool group buy is actually HERE: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?237263-Taito-Japanese-Arcade-Stools-Bulk-Order-Round-2
They're absolutely worth it. I know they're expensive, but if you spend time actually playing cabs with any regularity, having a few n ice comfortable stools is worth way more than a few extra PCBs