Universe Bios 3.1 released!

Ssturtle

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Just got mine in the mail yesterday, super quick shipping. Already love being able to pause my MVS games!

XtraSmiley

New Challenger
Want to order this, but have a question. My set up is a 4 slot with no battery at all (pulled it for leaking, never replaced it).

1. Will this work fine without the MVS battery?
2. With the repro memory card, will I be able to just save scores that way and not worry about the MVS battery?
3. Will everything still work with a 161 in 1 cart? (No MVS battery, saves to memory card etc?)

Thanks for any answers you can provide!

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
1) yes it will work providing the leak caused no other damage to the pcb. The unibios will not remember its region settings however.

2) I am not sure given hiscore saving has not been fully tested with MVS.

3) No idea about that one.

XtraSmiley

New Challenger
1) yes it will work providing the leak caused no other damage to the pcb. The unibios will not remember its region settings however.

2) I am not sure given hiscore saving has not been fully tested with MVS.

3) No idea about that one.

Thank you for the fast reply Razoola!

1. Great, will it boot up to the screen to input the region settings first, or if it doesn't what is the default region setting? I have a 4 slot that I'm trying to get the LEDs to show the correctly and I'm told only the US BIOS is connected to the Player 1 and Player 2 coin mechs correctly. If the UNIBIOS just defaults to the US that would be great.

2. Cool, well if I get one of those memory cards I'll post my results.

3. Same for when my 161 in 1 arrives from China!

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
I just burned a copy of your 3.0 bios and I'll ship back my current legit 3.0 back to you, so you can update. thanks again for a great product.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
The default unibios region is Euro, you do not go to the screen to change it in the region setting is not found.

Bay78

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
SUPER excited to hear about this. Razoola I've contacted you via email about getting the upgrade process started.

TheKRULIX

n00b
Just played around with my newly improved AES and the unibios 3.1 is very cool, great work Razoola. I will be making good use of the high score saving.

gamerwhat

Mr. Big's Thug
I was wondering if its possible to start a game on p2 on all games when set to arcade/japan and hard dip2 on? If not do you think its possible with a j3 bios?

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Sets the coin mode / vs mode.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
btw, the universe bios now has a facebook page... Go likey :)

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
I noticed that when playing Pulstar, and using the invincibility cheat, one of the bosses, I think stage 4 has an attack that can kill you (serves my cheating ass right I suppose), I was reading somewhere and I noticed this is a known bug with the cheat...
http://www.mamecheat.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3170
found this thread, guy says he changed the cheat, does this help at all?

Oh, and LIKED :D

Last edited:

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Thanks for the like :)

Unfortunately the cheat solution in the link is not usable in the universe bios because it is a ROM patch and not a RAM patch, the universe bios cannot poke into ROM. It would require opening the game cart and reprogramming the P ROM to do that cheat.

Phades

New Challenger
Just received my 3.1 today. Thanks for the fast turn around! I'm excited to get it installed.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
coin mode is how many coin shoots in USA mode, 2 or 4. VS mode is for euro or japanese modes. It allows starting a single player game on 2up side if the game supports it.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
As far as I remember harddip 2 is only used in bios of USA region, the newer Japan J3 and unibios 1.1 and later.

NEO-GEO man

Fake account, shill troll for Christophe Ratel. Us
Yeah i didnt think i could recall it doing anything back in the day

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Whats different about the Pacific bios?

It's generally the same as a Euro bios except it has 2 coins instad of 1 like Euro. It is also known to have only been installed in early 4 slots.

NEO-GEO man

Fake account, shill troll for Christophe Ratel. Us
It is also known to have only been installed in early 4 slots.
Correct yes, which is where i got mine. Cause the LAI NEO-GEO cabs here had buttons to allocate credits to one stick or the other.

Ill have to see if i can find mine and i will copy it.

Zerrminator

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
" -Added the screensaver to the jukebox."

Is there anymore infomation on what the screensaver looks like for the jukebox? I've got two unibios and I love using the jukebox so I'm interested in what changes were made here. Screenshots/videos anyone?

thanks

Just noticed my sig has the unibios jukebox in action :)