WHATS NEW IN VERSION 3.1
Additions / Changes
Hiscore saving to memory card!!!
Big thanks to smkdan for allowing the use of his code here. This is not fully tested and there could very well be problems. To this end and to allow the greatest testing possible this feature is also included in the free 3.0 version of the unibios. This should work in both MVS and AES mode but given scores are saved to backupRAM on MVS there could be extra problems. If this is the case only use the feature on AES hardware. There may also be issues with multigame bootleg carts.
To enable, format the card using the unibios (must be formatted with unibios). Then set the last character of the cards username to '!'.
To stop filling the hiscore tables with scores obtained using cheats, debug DIPs or patches high score saving will be disabled if these features are used until the system is reset.
It may not work with all games so please report issues you have.
In AES mode high scores are not loaded until the 2nd time the score table draws.
U.S.B. support is added and information will be made available in due course on how to build the hardware. Speeds to expect are 155k/sec upload and 32k/sec download. This spec will be ported to the NeoGeo CD system making it possible to upload entire homebrew/small games faster than loading from the CD.
Parallel port upload and download speeds improved to around 2.5k/sec. The new PC client is required which is available on the homepage.
• Added ability to disable the splash screen on AES providing a memory card is present. To use format the card using the unibios (must be formatted with unibios). Then set the second from last character of the cards username to '!'.
• Stopped error message when changing games with multigame bootleg carts.
• Added the screensaver to the jukebox.
• Removed Crossed Swords protection that cleared the bios System and Region settings. This protection could be used in other games also.
• Removed SS4 Korean backupRAM protection.
• Removed RBFFS Korean backupRAM protection.
• Fixed currupted graphics on splash screen/menu when playing NgDevTeam games (thanks Timm).
• Fixed memory card manager username input curruption if the sysyem is overclocked to 16Mhz.
• Fixed bstars going funny after exiting ingame menu sometimes.
• Fixed NAM1975 Unlimited Lives cheat so you don't start off of the screen after dying
• Fixed SamSho2 inf energy cheats to not cause infinate bonus count after round win.
• Fixed MSlug3 save 15 prisioners cheats to not cause game freeze on mission completion.
• Fixed Sengoku permanent weapon cheats so you can pick up and change weapons when active.
• Fixed Bang Bang Busters debug dips currupting the Hiscore table (no debug dips).
Cheats / CRC Database
• Added cheats for SS4 Korean into database.
• Added cheats for Quiz Daisousa Sen Korean into database.
• Added cheats for RBFFS Korean into database.
• Added infinate Exceed cheats to SVC.
• Added infinate Quota cheats to magdrop 2.
• Added infinate Quota cheats to magdrop 3.
• Added some new cheats to bstars.
• Added some new cheats to bstars2.
• Added cheats for Bang Bang Busters.
• Added Treasure of the Caribbean crc into database.
• Added Bang Bang Busters crc into database.
• Added Quiz Daisousa Sen Korean crc into database.
• Added Quiz King of Fighter Korean crc into database.
• Added RBFFS Korean crc into database.
• Added SS4 Korean crc into database.
• Added new SS2 Korean crc into database.
• Added new Bstars crc into database.
• Added Ironclad crc into database.
• Added new Jockey GP crc into database.
• Added new Alpha Mission II crc into database.
• Added new Burning Fight crc into database.
• Added new Iron clad crc into database.
• Added new King of the Monsters 2 crc into database.
• Updated Jyanshin Densetsu crc in database.